Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

silence_kit posted:

Maybe you meant to post this in a different thread?

The DoubleCash card is no longer giving you cash back—it is giving you points. Currently the points have the same value as cash back, but in the future they may be devalued.

Oh poo poo. I thought it was my Costco card. I have two cards from Citi. Whoops!

The double cash one is my spare that I have just in case and I never use it.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

teamdest posted:

Costco signature Visa card.

poisonpill posted:

Can someone just tell me the good credit card to use

The Costco card is good for gas and travel, not actually so good at Costco.

You can frequently get 5% on wholesale stores, but usually via rotating categories on some card.

If you combine that with executive membership that's 7% back.

If you use the Costco card at Costco, it only gives 2% back.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Happy Friday ya’ll

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

devmd01 posted:

Happy Friday ya’ll

I hope that seat heater is on to keep it warm on the drive home

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

devmd01 posted:

Happy Friday ya’ll

:hmmyes:

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

devmd01 posted:

Happy Friday ya’ll

To wife: "Sorry, front seat is taken."

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Finally got around to roasting the Normandy veggies and that’s an A+ source of vitamins. I had been steaming them, but tossing some oil and spices on there was a treat.

I’ve also been getting the pulled rotisserie meat for my Caesar salads and that also was a great move.

PBUC.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

devmd01 posted:

Happy Friday ya’ll

no seatbelt?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Just raw dogging churros in the front seat

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I had to sell my last car due to a Costco churro mishap that resulted in 45 pounds of sugar (thank god I only bought one) being distributed over my passenger seat.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

:chord:

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I had to sell my last car due to a Costco churro mishap that resulted in 45 pounds of sugar (thank god I only bought one) being distributed over my passenger seat.

go on…

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Johnny Truant posted:

that's literally what it is

That's not what 505 calls it. Costco sells Hatch Valley Roasted Green Chile. The salsa that's made with those chiles is Hatch Valley Tomatillo Garlic & Lime Salsa, but that's not available at Costco.

The roasted chiles are amazing! You can make great salsa using 505 chiles. But they aren't salsa and people saying they're kind of bland on their own are correct. They play well with others but aren't great solo. Top some tamales or a burger with them, mix them with eggs, toss them in an instant pot with some chicken. Don't use them as the only topping on a naked chip. This is injustice to you, the chip, and the chiles.

Lemme get uhhhhhhhhhhh... spicy chicken combo, please.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Anyone ever purchased a Lovesac from Costco? We just got a new house with a bonus room we didn’t have before and have been looking at them. Seem nice and I love the modular nature, but are a lot of money?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Lovesacs seemed crazy overpriced to me for what they are. Costco in store right now has a $140 huge bean bag chair that honestly felt the same to me when I sat in it. I'm not sure what the difference is, maybe the lovesac is bigger? I can't imagine it's worth an extra $600 though.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The lovesac sofas are good for you have dogs/pets since you can take the covers off and are decently modular to add stuff to over time. Still very expensive.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

iirc they have a lifetime warranty. That’s what you’re paying for.

L.L.Bean for your rear end

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
I impulse bought the $149 jumbo bean bag chair and I absolutely love it

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Went to a business Costco for the very 1st time yesterday. I found out that I've been overpaying for the padded bubble mailers to ship my earrings on cards referenced in my avatar.

AAAARGH
I only need to sell a 100 pair or so to buy the nice lower priced ones at Costco.

There wasn't too much that I will buy there but I did get a tea selection and waxed paper sheets to protect art. Seeing all the restaurant supplies reminded me so strongly of my hospitality employment life of 20 years. I wonder if Costco actually gives Sysco a run for their money on anything?

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

I impulse bought the $149 jumbo bean bag chair and I absolutely love it

I got that and the crash pad they had from the same company last year. It's like a dense human sized dog bed that you can just collapse on and is so comfortable.

Both are incredibly nice and have held up to two small kids. Recommended if you have the use and space for them (they aren't small).

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Spinz posted:

Went to a business Costco for the very 1st time yesterday.

how much BEEF you get?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

BigPaddy posted:

The lovesac sofas are good for you have dogs/pets since you can take the covers off and are decently modular to add stuff to over time. Still very expensive.

Yeah, it’s the sofas we are looking at. I’m thinking the same pros and cons.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I’m 10 for 10 for guessing within $50 of my receipt total. This time I said $800 and it was $750 :cool: (went with my bestie)

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Snowmankilla posted:

Yeah, it’s the sofas we are looking at. I’m thinking the same pros and cons.

We have the sactional and we got it from Costco. It’s sturdy as all hell. About the only thing that can hurt it is fire. It’s comfortable and the extras (blankets, ottoman, tabletop, drink holders) are all great quality and super useful.

In 3 years we’ve rearranged it once. It was a little bit of a hassle but not much. Maybe we lucked out on our second design?

Downside: the backrest cushions are really thick and they make the seat area a little narrow. The fix is to kind of throw yourself back into the cushion and claim the territory for your butt and thighs.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Gonna try out that cauliflower crust frozen pizza tonight.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
The elote dip is fuckin good.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Gonna try out that cauliflower crust frozen pizza tonight.

It’s pretty good, I don’t think my partner even realized it was cauliflower crust until he saw the box after dinner.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

BadSamaritan posted:

It’s pretty good, I don’t think my partner even realized it was cauliflower crust until he saw the box after dinner.

Yeah, I just had it, pretty good. This one was the Milton's brand that was on sale earlier this year, is the Kirkland brand one also about the same quality?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Snowmankilla posted:

Anyone ever purchased a Lovesac from Costco? We just got a new house with a bonus room we didn’t have before and have been looking at them. Seem nice and I love the modular nature, but are a lot of money?

Let me know if you end up going that way. My dad wants to get a couch from them but they seem pretty expensive. He wants the one with the speakers built in lol.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Costco: My dad is interested in your lovesac

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I had the Norris 6pc before moving into a place that couldn’t fit it and it was the best couch I’ve ever sat on anywhere. Costco couches are generally really nice from what I’ve seen in their warehouses and they have a “white glove” service that will deliver it, install it, and take all the boxes for you after for cheaper than third party delivery options

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Costco: I'm Comfortable Happy Employe bouncing my stress ball throughout the store on a busy saturday afternoon as shelves are mostly empty with half-finished pallets and garbage carts everywhere

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Any Costco mattress suggestions?

The last time I bought a mattress was 12 years ago and I dropped $1500 at a mattress store.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

The last time I bought a mattress was 12 years ago and I dropped $1500 at a mattress store.

I dunno if they still have it but I bought one of the memory foam ones in a box and I was perfectly happy with it. It also wasn’t super expensive (it was a queen though).

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

Seconding that the Novoform latex mattresses are decent. If you are a colossal goon like me then you might find it sagging/indenting a bit after a year in, but bearable. The price is the real advantage though.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah, I just had it, pretty good. This one was the Milton's brand that was on sale earlier this year, is the Kirkland brand one also about the same quality?

Yeah, I prefer the Kirkland one now. Lots of toppings and the crust is real similar. Plus you get meat.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Yeah, I prefer the Kirkland one now. Lots of toppings and the crust is real similar. Plus you get meat.
I read this as a mattress suggestion and became very confused

If Costco still has Casper, that's a good option.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I too am interested. I’m a little wary of all foam mattresses like Casper, especially on the durability front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

yeah you would have to spend $500 a month to break even, but its between 2 people and a dog and sometimes i buy things for other peeps

then again, baby soon so...

Go buy a diaper genie right now, then get refills for it at Costco, and Kirkland diapers and wipes.