Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

TengenNewsEditor posted:

it's an acronym
every drawing is terrible

I (begrudgingly) looked at a few, and honestly I think it's no longer drawings. I think it's a bunch of templates and parts of panels that he just smashes together and types out responses. Maybe a slight touch up to make it relevant to the response. There's no other way he could fire them off like that. If he was actually funny (and not a pedophile/groomer) I would be impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kevin DuBrow posted:

r/mandelaeffect still emanating strong Peggy Hill energy.

And finally,

Honorable mention to the person who said that Reuben "Rube" Goldberg was actually a woman called Rue Goldberg and they KNOW this because they remember learning about her as a child and it was so cool that she was a woman and the name Rue was interesting and this was all indelibly seared into their memory.

mandela effect horseshit troubles me in ways I have a hard time expressing. I think it's the arrogance of "I'm not wrong, reality is". It's deranged.

dangerstepp
Apr 8, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

mandela effect horseshit troubles me in ways I have a hard time expressing. I think it's the arrogance of "I'm not wrong, reality is". It's deranged.

Reddit- "I'm not wrong, reality is."®

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

“The universe is a spheroid region, 705 meters in diameter.”

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

dangerstepp posted:

Reddit- "I'm not wrong, reality is."®

to be fair to reddit that could be the motto of a whole lot nowadays

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kevin DuBrow posted:

r/mandelaeffect still emanating strong Peggy Hill energy.

And finally,

Honorable mention to the person who said that Reuben "Rube" Goldberg was actually a woman called Rue Goldberg and they KNOW this because they remember learning about her as a child and it was so cool that she was a woman and the name Rue was interesting and this was all indelibly seared into their memory.

It's amazing how angry these people are that memory is subjective

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I love the ones who insist on stuff like New Zealand being in a different place in their original reality -- they refuse to consider the possibility that their memory sucks, their education failed them, or they used to look at a lovely inaccurate world map

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Sometimes landmasses are just in different places to different people, it's subjective and perspective; there are cultures which experience entirely disparate topologies of Earth to our own

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Tweak posted:

I vaguely remember this gimmick being what started making him popular, pre underage girl anime drawings

I miss the time when lovely Watercolour was the main reddit art celebrity.

His gimmick was interesting in that he actually started out lovely but slowly developed a fun own style and the illustrations became very good.

Early work:

Later work:

He also didn't paint naked underage girls to my knowledge.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's amazing how angry these people are that memory is subjective
crazy to me how many people never learn just how flexible and unreliable memory is, never hearing about situations with vastly differing eyewitness accounts and such

must be nice going through life truly believing you remember things with that level of accuracy

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
also, remember this guy?
he's still at it

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Playing some of my favourite piano melodies from the holy bible.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

IronicDongz posted:

also, remember this guy?

he's still at it

"and I am myself a heavy drinker" I post, completely and utterly obliviously to the insane screed I am hammering out on Reddit.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

TengenNewsEditor posted:

it's an acronym
every drawing is terrible

"Erotically" drawn internet teens

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I have received 10s of DMs since posting this from people who are inspired by this but afraid to post about it.

10s.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

lobsterminator posted:

I miss the time when lovely Watercolour was the main reddit art celebrity.

His gimmick was interesting in that he actually started out lovely but slowly developed a fun own style and the illustrations became very good.

Early work:

Later work:

Is the top one meant to be lovely? Looks kinda like a Quentin Blake illustration.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
many people only judge the worth of a drawing or painting by how detailed/accurate it is

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

IronicDongz posted:

many people only judge the worth of a drawing or painting by how detailed/accurate it is

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

My mom is like that.

"I don't get abstract art, a child can make a red rectangle" while gesturing to a 4'x10' mahogany panel painted with minute variations of crimson, vermillion, and scarlet oils and encaustics, gradually and painstakingly layered to take advantage of the medium's opacity

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

*strides into Rothko's chapel* lazy af, just black panels :rolleyes:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the "but why are there still monkeys??" of art criticism

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Yeah this discussion is going into a reddit-style route.

You can have a more sketchy style if you like that, but everyone can see the difference in finesse between Quentin Blake and early lovely. And lovely evolved a consistent style later so that is best for him. A sketchy style still requires a lot of talent to make it feel off-the-cuff and look good.

Or did I take the bait?

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

WAR JUST LIKE BIDEO GAME

https://reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/tjpr5w/advance_wars_putins_folly/

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Please, sir, have my frothiest upboat.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

lobsterminator posted:

Or did I take the bait?
you didn't take bait but you're also sort of responding to things nobody said

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
ROTHKO loving SUCKS!

I can do the same thing in MsPaint with the paint bucket tool.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Brawnfire posted:

My mom is like that.

"Oh, ok, that just means you like portraits and landscapes, not paintings. Cool"

You don't need to get angry at someone for having different preferences, the abstract art detail is no different than a capsaicin/flavor food detail

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I can be irritated at someone for trashing something I like as lovely while stating their preference

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

https://www.travelweekly.com.au/article/the-global-conspiracy-theory-surround-new-zealand/

or, to stay on topic

https://www.reddit.com/r/MapsWithoutNZ/

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
but how can I relate this to video game reference

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

gbs but from 2004 posted:

but how can I relate this to video game reference

It's like if every map of Tamriel was missing Solstheim

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

A For Effort posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/tjgmbp/fortnite_removed_building/

How the gently caress is every time I check reddit one of these horribly unfunny, low effort comics is front paged with ~50k upvotes. He must manipulate the votes or something?

i know it's like the lowest of low hanging fruits but

it's like i'm staring into an utter void where nothing exists to these people outside of Reddit Meme Content. I am just at a loss for how people even find these funny. Like- They're two fundamentally different games that are only vaguely comparable in that they were both other games that were taken and beaten with a hammer into being battle royales. It's like a robot made that tepid attempt at a joke.

'ha ha Fortnite removed the building so i, as a player of Apex Legends, am now tempted to play Fortnite, because these games are both Battle Royales so they are obviously the same now'

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

IronicDongz posted:

crazy to me how many people never learn just how flexible and unreliable memory is, never hearing about situations with vastly differing eyewitness accounts and such

must be nice going through life truly believing you remember things with that level of accuracy

As someone with massive memory issues, it is extremely funny to me. I just didn't exist for a decade and a half according to their logic.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ishikabibble posted:

it's like i'm staring into an utter void where nothing exists to these people outside of Reddit Meme Content. I am just at a loss for how people even find these funny. Like- They're two fundamentally different games that are only vaguely comparable in that they were both other games that were taken and beaten with a hammer into being battle royales. It's like a robot made that tepid attempt at a joke.

'ha ha Fortnite removed the building so i, as a player of Apex Legends, am now tempted to play Fortnite, because these games are both Battle Royales so they are obviously the same now'

those videogames are both the same though

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ishikabibble posted:

what if you could have sex with video games sorry if this offends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha

and i would like to know if any of you have any pics of someone having sex with video games i just want to see it for a few laughs haha

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Remember when reddit finally agreed racism was real because of the difficulty level of video games or something?

Does anyone have a link?

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

evilpicard posted:

Remember when reddit finally agreed racism was real because of the difficulty level of video games or something?

Does anyone have a link?

sure it’s https://www.reddit.com take your pick of literally any post on there

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

I wasn't afraid of sandwiches
That is until the sandwich man took a bite outta *me*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU