Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Yes I am sure this will give you an energy boost, pep in your step, some vim & vigor etc.

many users enthusiastically praise it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I bet the way they do it is you pay them up front, and they say after 30 days if you're not satisfied you let them know and they send you a check and you keep the thing, because obviously it's not like they can resell it. But then when the check arrives, instead of Vitaphore Appliances, it's from MEGA BUTT BLASTER SEX VIBRATORS FOR PERVERTS, SOUTH BEND, IN and they count on everyone being too embarrassed to cash it.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
i remember seeing some exercise equipment which enthusiastically proclaimed how it was only $19.95+s&h for a 30 day trial

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

The early 1900s seemed like fun. Nothing but opiates and rear end blasting.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i don’t remember if it was posted here but a week ago there was a clip floating around of a streamer who must have run into this dude as he was putting together this compilation. i love this game

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

The early 1900s seemed like fun. Nothing but opiates and rear end blasting.

thanks for ruining The Knick season 1 :mad:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

quote:

“Coat, $7,790, sunglasses, $545, by Balenciaga. T-shirt, $350, Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello. Vintage pants by Helmut Lang from David Casavant Archive. Belt belt buckle (price upon request), $3,750, by Kieselstein-Cord. Boots, $1,295, by Nick Fouquet x Lucchese. Watch, $2,750, by TAG Heuer. Necklace, $17,160, by Chrome Hearts. Ring (on left ring finger, throughout), his own.”

mystes
May 31, 2006

That's a lot of money to cosplay whatever that is

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Luckily GQ had the excavator sitting around at their office, so no added expense there.

Veth
May 13, 2002
Homeless Pariah
Cost be damned, I want this man on my excavation crew ASAP.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Yes I am sure this will give you an energy boost, pep in your step, some vim & vigor etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXqLWqCqDHc

just check the voltage before use

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Veth posted:

Cost be damned, I want this man on my excavation crew ASAP.

yeah if im trapped beneath some rubble and some 9-to-5 jerk shows up to drag me out without a badass price-upon-request belt buckle ... honestly? just leave me there until you get your poo poo straight. Have some loving self-respect.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

that's almost brilliant.

I have a work laptop that converts to a tablet but for some reason that I assume is "hp, lol", the pen stylus that comes with it doesn't work for writing on the screen unless you charge it via usb. they literally failed to make a stick work properly.

I have a normal X1 Yoga and the stylus also has to be charged, though it does it automatically when in it's silo. Unfortunately that's all the shittier pens, other than the Wacom EME of course :smug:

echinopsis posted:

I have a kobo, libra, h2o

I aggressively recommend it to anyone who comes near me

it owns. you can get it wet in the bath. and you can put books on it by copying to it like if it was a usb drive

battery is amazing
the asymmetrical design is inspired
the way it’s not just blue light but orange night light is epic

it could be cheaper i guess.. and the kindles have a screen that’s flush with the case and this doesn’t but .. that’s not a big deal

my gf borrowed mine and then got hers and she reads so much now. and for some reason she gets a weird joy from just yeeting it when she’s falling asleep and it hasn’t broken yet

it even reads pdfs with pictures in it

put your own fonts on it easily

um what else? idk it’s good
Sounds exactly like my Paperwhite. But I agree it's good.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/LarsJohanL/status/1505999058825097219

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

designing a hard drive with a window is not as easy as you may think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFM1kp_E03E

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

designing a hard drive with a window is not as easy as you may think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFM1kp_E03E

hard drives are wild, so many ridiculous and tiny moving parts.

i took a tour of hp's workstation test facility in fort collins once, and they showed off an xray machine they use for scanning hard drives and other electronics for defects, which was pretty cool.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

i didn't get this joke when i was a kid but now it's one of my favourites

what a loving good movie

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Improbable Lobster posted:

what a loving good movie

Top Secret was the best Zucker Bros movie and also the best Val Kilmer movie. Yes, including Real Genius, the line to fight me about it starts here --->

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

mediaphage posted:

i took a tour of hp's workstation test facility in fort collins once, and they showed off an xray machine they use for scanning hard drives and other electronics for defects, which was pretty cool.
"yep it's defective, ship it"

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i havent seen top secret, so ill probably watch it friday night

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's probably got the highest density of unacknowledged background gags ever seen on film. just a mile a minute dumb poo poo, played completely straight on screen, and it works so well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJoTBlDfVhk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_peCIVBTAY&t=6s

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

i havent seen top secret

what the gently caress??? MODS???

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Achmed Jones posted:

i havent seen top secret, so ill probably watch it friday night

it's aged very well

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm laughing again about the opening "skeet surfing" scene and how every record in the jukebox is a song about skeet surfing.

gonna watch it again tonight

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i loved top secret as a kid. more than real genius tho i do like it too

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

rotor posted:

what the gently caress??? MODS???

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i watched top secret a few months ago and it is still one of the funniest comedies ever made

we called in the top five surgeons in east germany and it took them twelve hours just to get the smile off his face

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:eyepop: lmao

Mad Men more like Mad Lads

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I told Draper to do it and he did the absolute ledge

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Lake of Methane posted:

fatty appears to be regaining the weight he lost not too long ago

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

the SUX 7000

:love:

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

quote:

“Coat, $7,790, sunglasses, $545, by Balenciaga. T-shirt, $350, Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello. Vintage pants by Helmut Lang from David Casavant Archive. Belt belt buckle (price upon request), $3,750, by Kieselstein-Cord. Boots, $1,295, by Nick Fouquet x Lucchese. Watch, $2,750, by TAG Heuer. Necklace, $17,160, by Chrome Hearts. Ring (on left ring finger, throughout), his own.”

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

lol he's gonna fight the dude from that Bollywood Robot movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F3H9_pYpYg

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

VTOL NYANCat

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Also; my new Covid remedy is working fine so far

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

didnt know our cat had an internet presence

(had to do a double take, that looks just like our cat)

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

dark side of the (maine) coon

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

mediaphage posted:

hard drives are wild, so many ridiculous and tiny moving parts.

i mean generally a computer from 1999 is kind of overtly bonkers technology in a way a computer today is not, e.g. lasers, various tiny precise motors, actuators, magnetic heads floating on air cushions over rotating surfaces, high voltage electron guns, and just in general a lot of different technologies, volatages, scales, analog/digital interfacing. computers today are way more sophisticated, but most of the sophistication amounts to manufacturing tiny things with various lithography techniques and wiring them up in an extremely measured but pretty straightforward way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

:rodtronics: