Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
That beanbag gonna be filled with bag sweat in no time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Back to lovesac talk. We went into one of their showrooms over the weekend to check them out and in the configuration we want the whole thing would be $9500! A comparable sectional from a big box furniture store like Kanes/City Furniture/Ashley/etc comes in around 3-4k. I mean, the lovesac was nice, but is it 2-3x as nice?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

finally got to costco, monday evening was a pretty chill time to go

bill came to $440!!!!!

got some big pieces of cod gonna invite my brother and his GF over and make fish and chip

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Just spent my refund check and got 44 cents back. Then went to the liquor store. Cheap white wine, a slice of pizza, a rubberized carpet mat for the dog crate, bulgogi mandu and the individual guacamole tubs are this trip's highlights

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mattfl posted:

Back to lovesac talk. We went into one of their showrooms over the weekend to check them out and in the configuration we want the whole thing would be $9500! A comparable sectional from a big box furniture store like Kanes/City Furniture/Ashley/etc comes in around 3-4k. I mean, the lovesac was nice, but is it 2-3x as nice?

I'd like to know as well lol

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

It really comes down to your opinion and how you value money. When I saw the price vs a similar one from IKEA it made no sense for me to pay that for something that is a glorified dog bed. Compared to some furniture out there is not not obnoxiously expensive but it is priced as a high end consumer product.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

iroc.dis posted:

I made a visit to Church on Friday right before lunch. Decent time to go although it was fairly full of old people holding conversations while standing in the center of aisles. Picked up a couple boxes of Systane eye drops for the wife, a huge container of the laundry detergent I like, a case of Bang energy drinks (because they didn't have the variety pack of Monster), and several bottles of Kirkland vodka. Not a bad way to spend $120

Just a word of warning, the Bang energy drinks have 300mg of caffeine each compared to the 140-160 of your typical Monster.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Wow. That's a lot.

I mean, I drink more than that in a day but that's a lot for one drink.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wow. That's a lot.

I mean, I drink more than that in a day but that's a lot for one drink.

Are you the person who was drinking 3-4 of those 200mg canned black coffees from the church?

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

The Midniter posted:

Just a word of warning, the Bang energy drinks have 300mg of caffeine each compared to the 140-160 of your typical Monster.

Appreciate the heads up. I hadn't actually noticed what the caffeine content was. Jeebus that's a lot for one can. Fortunately I only drink one of these things per week.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DoubleT2172 posted:

Are you the person who was drinking 3-4 of those 200mg canned black coffees from the church?

No I only have one of those every once in a great while. Lately I've been drinking a lot of caffeinated water and Monster Ultra Zeros.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I make my own cold brew so I can legally not disclose the amount of caffeine

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

mattfl posted:

As a lovesac sectional haver, I can tell you we didn’t pay 9k when we bought from Costco. Their retail prices are insane, but they are constantly running 40% off sales.

The deal we got at Costco was for the sectional, a lovesac, ottoman, pillows, 2 blankets made out of their cover materials, tabletop that fits on one of the sectional pieces, drink holders that fit on the arms. Free delivery. We payed in the 4k range IIRC.

Everything above came in our choice of colors/styles.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

I make my own cold brew so I can legally not disclose the amount of caffeine

This cat knows what's good :hmmyes:

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

mattfl posted:

Does your configuration include the built in sub woofers and speakers?

Culex
Jul 22, 2007

Crime sucks.
Does anyone have the item number of the giant beanbag?

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Culex posted:

Does anyone have the item number of the giant beanbag?

https://www.costco.com/jumbo-lounger-tan.product.100743453.html

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Does your configuration include the built in sub woofers and speakers?

lol no. I just redid our config with that added and it bumped up the total to $12,050!

Our configuration is basically 6 seats + 8 sides in their Chenille grey/dark grey fabric with the Lovesoft filling.

It would look like this but would have that missing pillow and would be $8800 right now, but wait they are doing 10% off, oh but tax takes care of most of that so, $8434 shipped lol.

fischtick posted:

As a lovesac sectional haver, I can tell you we didn’t pay 9k when we bought from Costco. Their retail prices are insane, but they are constantly running 40% off sales.

The deal we got at Costco was for the sectional, a lovesac, ottoman, pillows, 2 blankets made out of their cover materials, tabletop that fits on one of the sectional pieces, drink holders that fit on the arms. Free delivery. We payed in the 4k range IIRC.

Everything above came in our choice of colors/styles.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a display in either of the Costco's near me, but I'll have to start keeping an eye open for them.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That doesn’t seem like it should be 8 grand.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Seriously, that’s absurd for a couch with absolutely zero style.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
For 8 grand I would charge people to sit. Or offer a sitting membership, possibly at two levels.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Can I put a love sack on layaway

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is that sofa made of whale penis leather? $8k wow

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The pictures don't do it justice because it's almost ten kilometers long

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

bird with big dick posted:

Who else is fuckin on a Costco beanbag rn

drat, now I want a beanbag

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
And I thought they smelled bad... on the outside!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Love sac baby

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gonna fill up the car with high quality gasoline this evening after the lines have died down. :haibrow:

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Apparently different item#s for dark grey, ivory, and light grey colors. dark grey and ivory are $89.

Gray or Ivory with a Zig Zag pattern
Light Gray or Tan with a Wave pattern

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Chinatown posted:

gonna fill up the car with high quality gasoline this evening after the lines have died down. :haibrow:

I had a co-worker who insisted that Costco gas is bad and he refused to put it into his 7 year-old 100k mile BMW because it took away from his performance (it was not a fast car.)

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I had a co-worker who insisted that Costco gas is bad and he refused to put it into his 7 year-old 100k mile BMW because it took away from his performance (it was not a fast car.)

Every now and then there is a hit piece in the news about how Costco gas is bad, but it turns out it's always by some guy who owns a chain of competing gas stations.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I want to thank Costco for it's ridiculously low price on prosciutto ($10.89 for 12 oz), roughly 1/3-1/4 of the price anywhere else.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It seems like the Costco Gas stations have to refill the tank daily or multiple times a day, I'm convinced it's the freshest gas available.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco gas is Top Tier which means it adheres to very stringent standards above what is required by the government.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

mattfl posted:

lol no. I just redid our config with that added and it bumped up the total to $12,050!

Our configuration is basically 6 seats + 8 sides in their Chenille grey/dark grey fabric with the Lovesoft filling.

It would look like this but would have that missing pillow and would be $8800 right now, but wait they are doing 10% off, oh but tax takes care of most of that so, $8434 shipped lol.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a display in either of the Costco's near me, but I'll have to start keeping an eye open for them.

I had this one and it was outstanding:

https://www.costco.com/norris-6-piece-fabric-modular-sectional.product.100508084.html

Out of stock unfortunately, however if I’m gonna be spending above 3 grand for a couch there are far more options that will be good if not better than a 9 grand couch because 9 grand for a couch is :psyduck:

https://www.frugalhotspot.com/2019/12/costco-norris-fabric-modular-sectional/

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

9 grand kmart looking sectional imo.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Turn on your monitor

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Knot My President! posted:

I had this one and it was outstanding:

https://www.costco.com/norris-6-piece-fabric-modular-sectional.product.100508084.html

Out of stock unfortunately, however if I’m gonna be spending above 3 grand for a couch there are far more options that will be good if not better than a 9 grand couch because 9 grand for a couch is :psyduck:

https://www.frugalhotspot.com/2019/12/costco-norris-fabric-modular-sectional/

So I was curious and googled "why are lovesacs so exepnsive" because I'm kinda lookin at new couches and it turns out the Lovesac couch is pretty feature heavy, modular, washable covers and cushions, pet friendly, water resistance, etc, but I still fail to see how $9k makes any sense, everyone else in those posts are quoting like $4-5k which is still a loving poo poo ton but I guess more reasonable?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I wouldn't pay over $2,000 for a sectional. I don't remember what my current one is but I really like it and it must have only been around that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I got the Tisdale Fabric Sectional with Storage Ottoman in August of last year for ~$1500 out the door and it's a great couch.

lmao, just lmao at spending five to six times that.