Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
And there’s the Saints re-signing Winston. Oof, Jimmy might end up being Trey’s backup this season and Baker better hope the Browns send him to Carolina or cut him or else he’s gonna be traded to an awful roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Ragnarok the Red posted:

And there’s the Saints re-signing Winston. Oof, Jimmy might end up being Trey’s backup this season and Baker better hope the Browns send him to Carolina or cut him or else he’s gonna be traded to an awful roster.

I got some bad news for you about Carolina's roster

Anyone else feel that Ryan was kind of pissed the Falcons were one of Watson's suitors, and requested a trade no matter what, and because the Falcons aren't the Browns it was handled a lot better.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

syzpid posted:

Anyone else feel that Ryan was kind of pissed the Falcons were one of Watson's suitors, and requested a trade no matter what, and because the Falcons aren't the Browns it was handled a lot better.

He was willing postpone his roster bonus while they tried to land Watson so he couldn’t have been that mad. Seems like a case where everyone agreed to move on.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

syzpid posted:

Carolina have a good roster. It's bad QB and pretty poor coaching that's cost them.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

syzpid posted:

Carolina's largely fixed their o-line this offseason and the NFC as a whole seems noticeably weaker. Packers traded Adams, the Cowboys might be having the worst free agency of any team so far, Arizona's developing some dysfunction, no one knows if Trey's any good yet, etc. Panthers with a fixed o-line and Baker would be contending for a WC slot for sure.

Heck, even within their own division Atlanta traded Ryan and looks like they're entering a rebuild and the Saints won't have Sean Peyton coaching them anymore. With Baker they might be the 2nd best team in the division after the Bucs.

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 21, 2022

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

ShakeZula posted:

Of the QB trade options Ryan is definitely the one I'd prefer for the Colts. None of them are likely the long-term answer, so give me the polished guy at the end of his career with the best chance to lead the team to immediate success. Basically Rivers 2.0. Only sticking point would be price, but I'm basically not wanting to pay more than a 3rd for any of these guys. If teams want more than that, screw it. Sign Mariota and turn your eyes to next year's draft.

Apparently John Lynch is telling people has an offer on the table of 2 second-rounders for Jimmy, which feels like an obvious lie.

And your wish comes true, ShakeZula! Congrats because you didn't have to give up much in return.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33564735/sources-indianapolis-colts-acquire-qb-matt-ryan-atlanta-falcons-third-round-pick

And the Falcons are now leaning on a newly-signed Marcus Mariota. Over the years, Atlanta really screwed themselves financially though:

The trade will leave a dead-money charge of $40.525 million on the Falcons' salary cap this season. It's the largest known dead-money charge for any player all time, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

Atlanta now has more than $62 million in dead money for the 2022 season since it also has $15.5 million on the books for last year's Julio Jones trade and more than $4 million for releasing Dante Fowler Jr. earlier this year, along with a couple of other moves.

OUCH!!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Hell yeah, I love my new QB

https://twitter.com/SSFALT1995/status/1505970751203119105

Carson would never. Nor would Rivers. Or probably even Luck.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Ryan to the Colts is such a huge get. Best possible option for the Colts.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

ShakeZula posted:

Hell yeah, I love my new QB

https://twitter.com/SSFALT1995/status/1505970751203119105

Carson would never. Nor would Rivers. Or probably even Luck.

Rivers would 100% do it, but he'd say "freaking" instead.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Shrimpy posted:

Rivers would 100% do it, but he'd say "freaking" instead.

And probably conceive a child in the process. Don't ask me how, but the numbers don't lie!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
He fucks, he doesn’t say gently caress.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Does he say gently caress when he fucks?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

'fiddlesticks'. he's a true gentleman

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Legend has it that every time he curses his bolo tie gets a little tighter.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I’m gonna ask some lady’s if they care to partake in some fiddle sticking.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Somehow that sounds even more crass

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Sources: New Orleans Saints to re-sign QB Jameis Winston to two-year, $28 million deal

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33564981/sources-new-orleans-saints-re-sign-qb-jameis-winston-two-year-28-million-deal

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

now only one big-time qb is left on the market:

trevor siemian

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I miss Philip Rivers yall.

Not on my team, just like, around.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Interesting thought I had, with almost everyone seemingly set at Starting QB, it feels like this might be the most year to year turnover at QB while no starting QBs are rookies.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

syzpid posted:

Interesting thought I had, with almost everyone seemingly set at Starting QB, it feels like this might be the most year to year turnover at QB while no starting QBs are rookies.

I feel like we say this every year. But this year it might actually be true. Maybe, I'm too lazy to check

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

a neat cape posted:

I miss Philip Rivers yall.

Not on my team, just like, around.

Expected to see his name come up more for commentary gigs.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me

CocoaNuts posted:

Rams extend Matt Stafford for four years, $160 million.

So, to recap:

Deshaun Watson (Browns): 5 years, $230 million

Aaron Rodgers (Packers): 3-year extension, $150.8 million

Russell Wilson (Broncos): 2 years, $70 million remaining on contract

Carson Wentz (Commanders): 2 years, $66.5 million remaining on contract

Kirk Cousins (Vikings): 1-year extension, $35 million

Mitchell Trubisky (Steelers): 2 years, $14.25 million (up to $27 million with incentives)

Tyrod Taylor (Giants): 2 years, $11 million (up to $17 million with incentives)

Teddy Bridgewater (Dolphins): 1 year, $6.5 million

Missing anyone of significance from that list?
Tom Brady coming back from his brief retirement?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shrimpy posted:

Expected to see his name come up more for commentary gigs.

I'm sure they were offered. He just wants to coach high school football

Nov 6, 2002

a neat cape posted:

I'm sure they were offered. He just wants to coach high school football

... and teach about the sanctity of virginity.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

syzpid posted:

I think #2 is because while defensive players have stepped up to defend Baker in the press, you don't hear it as much from the offensive side of the ball. It was the same thing with Wentz in Philly, you could get a lot of the defensive side of the ball defending him, but then there were leaks like a sieve about him being a jackass that were obviously coming from the offense.

BlindSite posted:

If you've got an offensive roster of 20 or so people you're going to get people that don't gel for whatever reason and they're going to form cliques, so all it takes is for one person to mouth off to the media and it's going to get worse. Fair enough if it turns out to be true but the browns front office saying something bad about baker at this point doesn't exactly make me want to condemn him. I mean... I've seen the players they pursue so.

this is exactly what happened with Wentz in the summer of 2019 and a big reason I think they're similar. when the first hit pieces about Wentz started leaking Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham, etc went to twitter that same day to voice support for him after news that he was a baby bitch came out. no WR, RB, or OL said poo poo. Alshon Jeffrey just let his career end rather than try to play through pain and get back on the field with him. I don't even remember Ertz speaking fondly of him at the time.

with the Browns, OBJ wanted out and made it public and nobody really stuck up for Baker at the time. the FO's releasing stuff lately - where's Landry, where's his OL supporting him in the media saying "actually he isn't a cranky child?" I think Chubb said he kept playing through pain which to be fair is more than anyone said about Wentz, but it ain't a lot

e: and to be fair to Wentz I do think he has better physical tools than Mayfield, but between the ears they have some of the same problems

indigi fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 22, 2022

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

PBCrunch posted:

Tom Brady coming back from his brief retirement?

True dat. Tommy set to make just shy of $9 million in base salary this year. For his career, he's sitting at just under $300 million.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Malik Willis might have the inside track on becoming the Steelers' franchise QB of the future.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33572985/pittsburgh-steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-attendees-liberty-qb-malik-willis-pro-day

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Looking for an old bookmark and realized I still had this page saved

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whoa it's women?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

CocoaNuts posted:

Malik Willis might have the inside track on becoming the Steelers' franchise QB of the future.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33572985/pittsburgh-steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-attendees-liberty-qb-malik-willis-pro-day
They’re going to need to trade way the hell up if they want him. No way he lasts until 20.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

These gifs are all very tragic in their own special way.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

They’re going to need to trade way the hell up if they want him. No way he lasts until 20.

I don't think he's making it past 2.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kalli posted:

extremely cursed

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

extremely cursed

If I scroll allll the way to the bottom they repeat but transparent

One last one

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

Willis made a good impression at Pro Day.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1506330904620408836

EDIT: Willis is still no Michael Vick...

https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1506339181059969025

CocoaNuts fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 23, 2022

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

The receiver running a route here is such a great misdirect.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Saw this blurb in Rotoworld…

quote:

NBC Sports' Matt Maiocco said he's not sure "anybody knows" if Trey Lance is ready to start for the 49ers in 2022.

Maiocco said the team believes Lance will be ready when he's called on as the starter, whether that's this year or next year. 49ers general manager John Lynch said this month that Lance is "everything we thought he was when we traded a lot to go get him, and more," countering reports that Kyle Shanahan remains wary of trading Jimmy Garoppolo and rolling with Lance as the Niners' starter in 2022. The quarterback market has narrowed considerably over the past week, leaving the 49ers without many trading partners for Garoppolo. "A lot has changed" since the start of the NFL new year, Maiocco said, including Jimmy G undergoing shoulder surgery. In February, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Lance "was probably further behind than people realized, Trey Lance is greener than people realize, Trey Lance is going to need more work than people realize, and they have a roster that can win now." There's been no indication the 49ers are ready to commit to Lance.

Not a great sign that in his second year your #3 overall pick that you traded up for can't beat out Jimmy G.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I wouldn't say that, Lance barely played in college. Him taking a little longer than they thought isn't really a surprise IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Is he going to be ready Year 3 then? He's so bad in Year 2 that the 9ers want to start Garappolo again, but by Year 3—despite having very limited real-game playing time—he transforms into a quarterback worthy of the #3 pick?

This isn't a normal quarterback trajectory.