Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

bagmonkey posted:

So I was curious and googled "why are lovesacs so exepnsive" because I'm kinda lookin at new couches and it turns out the Lovesac couch is pretty feature heavy, modular, washable covers and cushions, pet friendly, water resistance, etc, but I still fail to see how $9k makes any sense, everyone else in those posts are quoting like $4-5k which is still a loving poo poo ton but I guess more reasonable?

I’d buy a 2 grand sectional and put 7 grand into cleaning supplies and / or services and maybe some hepa units for the entirety of my house for the next 5 years lol

Also a lower priced one lets you rotate it out without remorse if you ever want to remodel or redesign your spaces with different / new furniture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

mattfl posted:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a display in either of the Costco's near me, but I'll have to start keeping an eye open for them.

They let you know in the Costco Connection when they're going to be in your town. I think they came to ours the last few years in January. Again, they seem to run 40% off sales 300 days a year, so check their website, too.

The main reason they're so expensive is their modularity. Each arm/back is a separate thing, as are each sectional bottom. Not only that, each individual piece is built like a loving tank. I expect this thing to outlive me by decades, whereas the cheapo sectional we replaced was weird, worn and broken in just a few years. You know how often I like to go furniture shopping? None. None often.

We have a... it might be a SuperSac... that I bought through a goon on SAMart like twenty literal years ago. It's this enormous blue corduroy bag of shredded memory foam that can seat 3-4 adults comfortably. It's crazy well "built" without a rip or loose seam even after all these years. During movie time at sleepovers, the kids would spend more time rolling it around and jumping on it than they did watching the movie.

I never thought I'd find myself mangosteening for a furniture company on these dead, gay forums.

[edit] These are the configurations you can make and switch up whenever you feel inspired. We've split it into 2-3 little units before, but right now it's more or less one big sectional with a loungy area to one side for me and the missus.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fischtick fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 23, 2022

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 31 minutes!
Your $8,000 couch is bad and you should feel bad.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I assume anyone paying $9k for a couch is owning rather then renting, and it's high quality enough that it'll probably outlast the buyers.

If not, and it's some typical modern 5-10 years then replace furniture, then I hope it's like sitting on a cloud and extremely easy to move/clean as needed.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

bird with big dick posted:

The seats on my couch lift up to reveal a chest freezer full of normandy blend.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sectionals loving suck. Just get two couches

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I sit so much on this seat on my couch that it got a big tear in it and I periodically have to use cloth tape on it to seal it. It's going to be the 7th year I've had it.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Lovesac is the Mach E GT of the sitting world.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Musk!!! Do a good tweet. Make number go to $1200.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Vivisectional

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

Turn on your monitor

I lulled it into a sense of complacency, waited four peaceful months, drained its bank account, and then kicked it out of a truck bed onto the highway now what?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
My sectional got repo'd

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

chavs nicked me sectional

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Good friend of mine bought a huge lovesac thing and returned it after a week because it wasn’t comfortable.

Luckily this is Costco so you can return it if it sucks imo

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 31 minutes!
Two couches sucks just get six chairs.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Hed posted:

Good friend of mine bought a huge lovesac thing and returned it after a week because it wasn’t comfortable.

Luckily this is Costco so you can return it if it sucks imo

Your friend's standards are too high. I've fallen asleep on mine several times

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
What the heck is a love sac and why can you buy it at costco I thought it was a nice family store.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Six chairs suck just buy 24 2x4s

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

priznat posted:

What the heck is a love sac and why can you buy it at costco I thought it was a nice family store.

They are featured prominently in the new Jackass movie.

Also, smdh at how many people itt aren't using repurposed pallets for furniture.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Sitting is just extreme, padded leaning. LOL if you don’t jus lean on walls

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

mattfl posted:

lol no. I just redid our config with that added and it bumped up the total to $12,050!

Our configuration is basically 6 seats + 8 sides in their Chenille grey/dark grey fabric with the Lovesoft filling.

It would look like this but would have that missing pillow and would be $8800 right now, but wait they are doing 10% off, oh but tax takes care of most of that so, $8434 shipped lol.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a display in either of the Costco's near me, but I'll have to start keeping an eye open for them.

We got a similar layout to this directly from LoveSac in 2018, and it wasn't anywhere near that expensive. I think list was around 5k, but they at least used to run massive sales near every holiday, I think we had like 40% off? Maybe it was only 30% off? From skimming the LoveSac reddit for sale prices, looks like the current max off you can get from them is 30%, plus whatever card cashback deals you can find.

Looks like prices basically did the same thing as everything else, doubled when no one was looking. :(

The seat cushions hold up pretty well, a couple of the back cushions that are slouched onto more have lost some shape, but it's not too bad, and the cats like the new contour.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Apparently I was supposed to buy two

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Are you juicing that aquarium w/ CO2? It looks amazing!

Cat throne looks good too.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

fischtick posted:

Are you juicing that aquarium w/ CO2? It looks amazing!

Cat throne looks good too.

Thanks! I went pretty overboard on this tank with automatic CO2 dosing metered by a pH controller and some fairly high intensity lights. I'm like a week overdue on maintenance though so it's kinda overgrown atm

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Went to church. Got communion and a churro. The new churros loving suck. The darker colored 'twist' part looks like poo. So it looks like poo on a stick and doesn't taste like anything. Maybe cardboard that was near a cinnamon plant at some point in its life.

Also WTF is up with Costco monitors? All of them are stripper models with no USB C ports. IDGI.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Ultimate Mango posted:

Went to church. Got communion and a churro. The new churros loving suck. The darker colored 'twist' part looks like poo. So it looks like poo on a stick and doesn't taste like anything. Maybe cardboard that was near a cinnamon plant at some point in its life.

Also WTF is up with Costco monitors? All of them are stripper models with no USB C ports. IDGI.

Costco computer stuff is usually the most basic crap and it's always disappointing. They do often have good stuff in their online store, though.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
At my store, the monitors all seem to top out at 1920x1080 no matter how big, for roughly $249. I grabbed one for my wife last year ($50 off!) to use when she was WFH because literally all she needed was something to display email and spreadsheets.

Online, the same monitor is available for the same price but now at 2560x1440. The old one is still in the warehouse.
https://www.costco.com/lg-32%22-class-qhd-ips-monitor.product.100793227.html

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Turns out the hatch 505 mixed with a little vegetable oil is a decent marinade.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

DoubleT2172 posted:

Lovesac is the Mach E GT of the sitting world.

Please tell me about the Lovesac's trap speeds.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The two stores near me have all sorts of monitors, mostly gaming monitors. I got both of my current monitors online, they don't seem to carry the super cheap $110 1080p one there anymore though

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Just heard someone order a whole pep NO SAUCE wtf

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Irish stew is solid. Next time I’m gonna toss some celery in it but it’s definitely a hit :buddy:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Knot My President! posted:

Irish stew is solid. Next time I’m gonna toss some celery in it but it’s definitely a hit :buddy:

I had it and it wasn't bad at all. Pretty drat expensive though. I threw it in my cart before checking the price and wow. It was like $20 or something.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Just heard someone order a whole pep NO SAUCE wtf

didn't know you could do this but it would be an interesting work around for an allium allergy and just dipping the pizza at home in your own sauce - if you got a whole cheese no sauce.

Premade and storebought pizzas have been shut out to my family because fuckin alliums man.

The upside is im very good at making home made pizza now.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

silicone thrills posted:

didn't know you could do this but it would be an interesting work around for an allium allergy and just dipping the pizza at home in your own sauce - if you got a whole cheese no sauce.

Premade and storebought pizzas have been shut out to my family because fuckin alliums man.

Didn't realize that was a thing, now I feel bad. Sorry bud

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

silicone thrills posted:

Allium allergy would be hell, I can't imagine not using garlic, onions, shallots, etc since they go in basically every dish.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I had it and it wasn't bad at all. Pretty drat expensive though. I threw it in my cart before checking the price and wow. It was like $20 or something.

Yeah it is/was $7.50/lb here or something. Stew is easy enough to make but I didn’t feel like prepping chuck and stuff and throwing it into a Dutch oven; I’d say with a few tweaks it’s worth the money for a quick meal

Also the honeycrisp apples they have in stock here right now are really great

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

binge crotching posted:

Allium allergy would be hell, I can't imagine not using garlic, onions, shallots, etc since they go in basically every dish.

lol I used to be able to buy the costco lobster ravioli and in the latest revision they added garlic powder and i almost started crying in store.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

silicone thrills posted:

lol I used to be able to buy the costco lobster ravioli and in the latest revision they added garlic powder and i almost started crying in store.

It’s hard to suffer the lost of a loved one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

So yesterday, first time ever, I got a rotisserie chicken that was ... just ... not good. Dry, bland, I don't know wtf happened but it's shaken me to my core.