Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
addendum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

kingcobweb posted:

Suns were already really good, Boston’s mid-season turnaround has been amazing.

It hasn't been that long since the Suns were nearly the worst team in the league and the Celtics were in the conference finals with the same basic core.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

I wouldn't be mad about this but I still think it's Monty. A lot of people say "next man up." Suns do it.

The Suns also just play like a well coached team. They remind me of the Beautiful Game Spurs or the peak Warriors, not in style, but in terms of how no one ever looks like they have a question as to what they're doing. The whole squad moves in unison.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Rick posted:

It hasn't been that long since the Suns were nearly the worst team in the league and the Celtics were in the conference finals with the same basic core.

How many players on this roster were there when the team went 19-63 or even 34-39 besides booker

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/WarriorsPR/status/1507476787210588171

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

DeimosRising posted:

The Suns also just play like a well coached team. They remind me of the Beautiful Game Spurs or the peak Warriors, not in style, but in terms of how no one ever looks like they have a question as to what they're doing. The whole squad moves in unison.

They can sleepwalk through 3 quarters then just put teams away. That's the sign of a team that's on another level.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Declan MacManus posted:

it seems like any of the top 3 seeds in the west would be the #1 seed in the east but none of the top 3 seeds in the east would be higher than #4 in the west. curious!

That’s because they play in the more competitive conference.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I’d take the Celtics against any team in the NBA right now.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ty Lue is the COTY guys

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

a new study bible! posted:

I’d take the Celtics against any team in the NBA right now.

Wouldn't take them vs Dallas. The last time Boston was able to beat them was in 2019. However, I think the Celtics have a good chance at the Finals. So much cooler than the Mavs regular season wins vs them.

I think the Mavs could give just about any team a good series except Phoenix.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Huh it sounded like they were trying to get him back. Didn't he just play a couple of g league games?

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
Dallas can't beat Phoenix when they're bad, I definitely would just as soon not see them when they're good.

MVP/COTY stuff, unless something super weird happens, I can't imagine getting super worked up over whoever wins.

But maybe that's because I only have the energy for one sports-stress thing at a time, and all my focus is on "gently caress Duke" at present.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

dokmo posted:

Huh it sounded like they were trying to get him back. Didn't he just play a couple of g league games?

the statement says he experienced swelling in his knee after his g league games so they shutting him down

kinda a bummer but its not like he was anything other than a bench foul option

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Ray Allen fined by judge for skipping jury duty after Kevin Garnett's jersey retirement
https://sports.yahoo.com/ray-allen-fined-by-judge-for-skipping-jury-duty-after-kevin-garnetts-jersey-retirement-181152603.html

Enes Freedom Not Considering Retirement
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/03/enes-freedom-not-considering-retirement.html

Kobe Bryant's estate reaches new long-term deal with Nike
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33588078/kobe-bryant-estate-reaches-new-long-term-deal-nike

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

kingcobweb posted:

Suns were already really good, Boston’s mid-season turnaround has been amazing.

Yeah I think there are a handful of totally worthy COTY candidates but there is something to be said for taking what was by all accounts a totally dysfunctional locker room and team and completely flipping the script.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

Yeah, he played three games there and then his knee started swelling.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lol Wendell Carter Jr is on the twitch Fortnite stream.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
COTY is Dwane Casey when the opponent is Toronto.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

What happens when best friends are traded for each other in the middle of the NBA season?
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33568309/what-happens-best-friends-traded-other-middle-nba-season

Fast Luck posted:

It sort of goes without saying since they're the 2-seed, but Memphis could be a serious challenge for Phoenix in the West. I'm sure Zogo's data will show they're too young but they are rolling. Winning games by like 20-30 and just running teams off the court.

Yeah, they'd be the youngest champions in NBA history.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Ammanas posted:

How many players on this roster were there when the team went 19-63 or even 34-39 besides booker

19-63:
Deandre Ayton
Mikal Bridges

34-39:
Deandre Ayton
Mikal Bridges
Dario Šarić
Cameron Johnson
Frank Kaminsky
Cameron Payne

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I wish I had Udinis to send to my rear end in a top hat boss

You could always select someone younger and taller and angrier.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Frankly i think if Jokic or Embiid or Giannis were the MVp of the league their teams would be doing better.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Still waiting on the Coward Adam Silver to make this happen
https://twitter.com/MettaWorld37/status/977176404860157953

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I have been publicly shamed for not keeping up with James Wiseman's knee news. This is the biggest blow to my credibility here since my continuing belief in whatshisname Pappagiannis.

I still believe, because you have to believe in something or you're just an animal.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

dokmo posted:

I have been publicly shamed for not keeping up with James Wiseman's knee news. This is the biggest blow to my credibility here since my continuing belief in whatshisname Pappagiannis.

I still believe, because you have to believe in something or you're just an animal.

tbf giannis is so good, you'd think some of it was genetic. but his brothers are no good and neither was his dad.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

DeimosRising posted:

tbf giannis is so good, you'd think some of it was genetic. but his brothers are no good and neither was his dad.

Talent genes are recessive.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The number of people acting like Monty isn't coaching the poo poo out of the Suns is staggering to me. Monty is COY and it isn't particularly close. What the gently caress thread?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It’s Udoka

Also has the upside of extra exposing fraud rear end Brad Stevens

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
If Spo beats up Jimmy by the end of the season, then give him the award.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

It’s Udoka

That is a good bonus. Stevens gets a little bit of credit for recognizing the weak links and landing Derrick White.

In my head canon cutting Enes was what flipped the switch.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
brett brown coaching tree looking better and better

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

I don't think he has much of a say in it

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Metapod posted:

Ty Lue is the COTY guys

This but not joking.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

If the suns have too much talent for COTY and not enough talent for individual MVP/all-nba awards then certainly we can all congratulate james jones on back to back executive of the year awards.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

It’s Udoka

As soon as Brad stopped coaching the team and Ainge hosed off, any problem I had with the Celtics disappeared.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/SwipaCam/status/1507420440167333921

*nods*

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Is this what you tweet when you're having a stroke?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Weird question/observation:

Unless Chris Paul or Devin Booker get pretty hot over the last eight games, the Suns will end the season with no players reaching 10 Win Shares. Has that ever happened on a 60-win team?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Crazy Ted posted:

Unless Chris Paul or Devin Booker get pretty hot over the last eight games, the Suns will end the season with no players reaching 10 Win Shares. Has that ever happened on a 60-win team?

Coach Bud. Always coach Bud.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2015.html

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

My first guess was the 2014-2015 hawks and they had

Korver: 7.5
Milsap: 8.3
Horford: 8.7
Teague: 7.7
Carroll: 7.0

For a top 5

I didn't check any other teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003