Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Selling just unbound leapstone won't really set you back any real amount of time, the volume of bound materials coming from the events mean you're going to be limited more on guardian/destruction and shards right now. And even at 16g each it still is a couple hundred gold a day per t2 character.

But yea don't sell your guardian/destruction unless you somehow have buckets of extra because you don't really get any source of bound ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

My biggest gripe with this influx of honing materials is that people are moving into T3 guardian raids in waves now, instead of organically at their own pace which means the lower guardians are now elo hell like T2 has been the past few weeks. It's noticeable on my alts that people are just getting smacked around in T3, and failing to do mechanics and/or use counters or consumables.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zotix posted:

My biggest gripe with this influx of honing materials is that people are moving into T3 guardian raids in waves now, instead of organically at their own pace which means the lower guardians are now elo hell like T2 has been the past few weeks. It's noticeable on my alts that people are just getting smacked around in T3, and failing to do mechanics and/or use counters or consumables.
Intimidate your teammates by spinning in circles at spawn until 1 pops flare.

Impress & confuse your teammates by using pheromones even if you aren't 2.

I've also had some really bad scorp & night fox yoho groups lately. Scorp is kinda understandable, there's a bit of a learning curve as melee. Although people not hitting adds and then dying to them over and over is uhh... interesting.

The yoho one is the most confusing because I keep seeing people die to it. But not to the things that can randomly kill you, like the ball attacks or a star falling while you're doing a long animation which is understandable, but just to random stuff that does no damage. Had someone die 3 times in the first 3 minutes, and for anyone here who hasn't done t3 yoho I'm pretty sure you can afk the first 3 minutes and die once on average, twice if you're really unlucky.

I've had some good calventus, fire turtle, and tree guy groups in T2 when I burn through my rested guardian souls. Good being a bit relative, but it goes much smoother than it did a week or two ago.

In-game I never say much other than "I'll get next flare" if I am 1 and someone flares before I tab in. I try to contribute as much as I can to the group's success. Feels like some content creator needs to come up with a "self-found gearing goals at 1300, 1370, 1405" guide so people start paying a little attention to getting at least level 3/4 gems without rerolling them, at least +1 tripods if not +2 main / +1 others, and at least 3-1 if not 3-3 engravings as a goal for 1370/1385.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 25, 2022

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Zotix posted:

I'm noticing the quality of guardian raids going down recently too. People keep dying to the guardians. Running away from staggers. No counters. Dying on the floor 3x and immediately call the rest of the team noobs and spamming quit dungeon while people are alive. We clear the boss and they still talk poo poo despite not anywhere near mvp.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Khorne posted:

In-game I never say much other than "I'll get next flare" if I am 1 and someone flares before I tab in. I try to contribute as much as I can to the group's success. Feels like some content creator needs to come up with a "self-found gearing goals at 1300, 1370, 1405" guide so people start paying a little attention to getting at least level 3/4 gems without rerolling them, at least +1 tripods if not +2 main / +1 others, and at least 3-1 if not 3-3 engravings as a goal for 1370/1385.
for anyone not t3 who wants a gearing guide for these systems, the stream of consciousness khorne version is:

Auto fuse your gems to 3 or 4, if it's something for the abilities you're using equip it, if it's not hold onto it and fuse it up. I was selling my level 5 gems because they were crazy gold but prices crashed. Now I'm not selling them because I want to prep for argos p3 & actually get invites to p2. I'm still not blowing silver rerolling and instead merge them up until I get something useful or decide to sell.

Hold onto any gear with tripods relevant to your build. Shove it in your gear storage, shove it in your 1 tab, hoard it. Don't need to use any of it yet. When you unlock purple gear, hoard any with +2 to an important ability. If you want to try hard on your main you can create a set of +1 tripods, but you can honestly skip it. Use as few pieces of gear as possible (eg, transfer 3x onto your gloves+pants or something) if you do go with some +1s. Then when you want to build a cheap +2 set of tripods, save the +2 tripod into the second save slot & copy it to your main gear then start transferring secondary +1s to it. Ideally you will find gear with important +2 tripods for each slot to transfer this way.

To actually gear serious tripods later I dunno what people do. I don't think we're at that point yet as f2p players or a server. Even for +3 currently I'd just use the +2 strategy. Get one +3 through the inventory system, then transfer +1 or +2 supporting tripods on. It helps if you hoard because you can pick and choose to get a coherent set. +3 to important damage tripod 1 on helm, +3 to important damage tripod 2 on chest, etc. If you try to do it right away you'll probably need to use the auction house or stick with a +1/2 in your last equipment slot or two.

If you followed along, tripod works the opposite of what most people expect. You don't build a +1 and then slowly upgrade it to +2 with random chance. You start over from the highest possible and then attach other stuff to it. This is something I didn't really get when I first hit t3.

I wouldn't worry about building a tripod set until 1370, but if you have too much junk hoarded and duplicates of level 1s you can certainly build it sooner. It's a nice power spike, and each extra level of tripod is a crazy damage/utility boost.

Gear with 3-3 or better is super expensive currently so might be worth selling. Although a 3-3 will likely carry you right through valtan and maybe beyond.

For engravings, around 1370 is when you need to consider running two separate ones on your character sheet. 3-3 is pretty easy to get with a pretty bad ability stone & targeting accessories for the second. It's good enough for argos p1 & p2. For argos p3 & valtan you want 3-3-3 or 3-3-3-1. Argos p3 you can do with 3-3 but I don't know how picky groups will be & in some other regions they expect at least 3-3-3 or 3-3-3-1. I personally don't have 3-3-3 yet, but I also haven't bought any accessories and have had bad luck with legendary accessory drops.

If you're support you can skate by with 3-3 or 3-3-1 right through valtan hard mode. At least as bard.

Open to any corrections/suggestions as I'm learning the game and have definitely made & am making mistakes. Also, you can still sell +1 and +2 and +3 single tripod gear for 100-1k gold so if you're hurting for gold it's always an option. Gems too sell quick and should trend down over time.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 26, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Khorne posted:

I've also had some really bad scorp & night fox yoho groups lately. Scorp is kinda understandable, there's a bit of a learning curve as melee. Although people not hitting adds and then dying to them over and over is uhh... interesting.

I have mostly solved the scorp add issues by telling everyone at the start to group up on my ping during burrow, then you just ping right behind where it burrowed. It always comes back out in the same direction it went down in, and this keeps everyone in the same spot so the adds stay clumped.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

My Artillerist just drops a nuke on the scorpions as they spawn and oneshots them all, it makes that fight a lot easier.

I just hit 1385 on my WD and still have the second hard mode abyss plus now Argos p2 to do this week, should be interesting. I've done Argos twice with matchmaking and tonight we killed him on our second attempt because we lucked into having a bard in one group and pally in the other. My kill last week had zero supports and it was 10x more painful.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Suprfli6 posted:

My Artillerist just drops a nuke on the scorpions as they spawn and oneshots them all, it makes that fight a lot easier.

Yeah, artillerist just completely dumps on that fight and it rules. There's a bunch of fights I've found where Im playing on an alt after being on my artillerist for a while and finding out, "oh no, I never had to learn this fight for real"

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
If you want to never have to learn fights, just play Gunlancer.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I updated my price spreadsheets to compare to rapidly fluctuating economy and basically the blue/red armor/weapon crystal prices have either stabilized against blue crystal costs or have dropped significantly below so that it's cheaper to purchase off of MB instead of going through the whole conversion process.

T1/T2 Leapstones and shard bags remain profitable, as do T3 Leapstones and honing mat chance increasers. But only the T3 leapstones and T1 shard pouches convert at above 500% efficiency now instead of over the 1000% a couple weeks ago.

The last market to stabilize seems to be potions, as everything is still cheaper to just sell flowers on the marketboard and convert that to crystals to buy potion chests from Mari's store, but it's starting to get close. Given that bot efforts have shifted to gatherables, I expect that price to start equalizing as well.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

So I tooootally misunderstood the gear tripod thing. I assumed they…gave you the tripod? Like you could have more than three selected from gear and skill points.

In hindsight that’d be weird and way too strong, but in my defense, I don’t think it actually tells you anywhere what they do. I did the guide quest and didn’t skip all the dialogue for once, but maybe I just missed it. Game’s got too many drat systems and does a poo poo job of explaining them (or I’m too old idk).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hefty posted:

So I tooootally misunderstood the gear tripod thing. I assumed they…gave you the tripod? Like you could have more than three selected from gear and skill points.

In hindsight that’d be weird and way too strong, but in my defense, I don’t think it actually tells you anywhere what they do. I did the guide quest and didn’t skip all the dialogue for once, but maybe I just missed it. Game’s got too many drat systems and does a poo poo job of explaining them (or I’m too old idk).

One of the issues of introducing an MMO so late into its life. All of this stuff was introduced slowly in Korea and players there were eased into it. We are having to figure all of this out all at once.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
It doesn't help that the tooltips are all poorly translated and some things even have different names in different locations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ffs failed something like a 72, 78 and 82% hone to get my last T2 piece to 1100.

27 leapstones is way to loving much.

lol gently caress this game

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 26, 2022

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Huge drops of mats are always going to make gold more valuable, since you need both mats and gold for honing. Lots of people doing more honing than they would have previously sinks a lot more gold. Also if bots are now grinding mats, they're not injecting new gold into the economy, so there's less supply.

My guess is that gold will stay insanely valuable until they release the new T3 gold sources and up the supply.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Hefty posted:

Another big thing with gear tripods that I wish I had known earlier is the Inventory tab at the tripod npc. It lets you save/clone the tripods on your current items so that way when you replace one with a new item you can then copy over the saved tripods too. As well as have different tripod setups if you run different abilities for chaos/cube or whatever.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Velveteen posted:

I'm noticing the quality of guardian raids going down recently too. People keep dying to the guardians. Running away from staggers. No counters. Dying on the floor 3x and immediately call the rest of the team noobs and spamming quit dungeon while people are alive. We clear the boss and they still talk poo poo despite not anywhere near mvp.

I failed a T1 turtle raid as a paladin actually acting as a support because 2/3 teammates died in the first double jump, then another in the second double jump, etc.
Got down to <2 minutes poking it down and then got caught in a corner (tired, focus exhausted by this point) and died with 2.3% remaining. That felt pretty bad.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Suprfli6 posted:

I just hit 1385 on my WD and still have the second hard mode abyss plus now Argos p2 to do this week, should be interesting. I've done Argos twice with matchmaking and tonight we killed him on our second attempt because we lucked into having a bard in one group and pally in the other. My kill last week had zero supports and it was 10x more painful.

If you did Argos P1 this week, that's the run. You can't go back in and do P2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How is Korea about events? Do they rotate out pretty regularly or what is the number of weeks in between each event?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Also I had my alt poking at the last T1 guardian to fish for cards - matchmaking is completely full of people with T2 gearscore and atrocious engravings trying to facetank everything instead of doing the mechanic.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Zotix posted:

If you did Argos P1 this week, that's the run. You can't go back in and do P2.

Oh for real? That's annoying.

That means when some RL friends of mine hit 1370 next week, I still probably won't be able to run with them on my main since I'll want to do both phases. Guess I have to push my alt from 1340 to 1370 after all lol.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Mar 26, 2022

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So what's the fever event thing? What bonuses does it give?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

super sweet best pal posted:

You get a bunch of battle item boxes. The full suite of them, buff, healing, and combat. Totaling up to 15 of each per day.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 26, 2022

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

It looks like it's just a button you click next to your minimap for a daily reward in your mailbox. I think it was 3x rapport chest.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
My Deadeye just got his T1 stuff last night and I got it up to like +4.

There is a stupid amount of game.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Wait, so what’s the fever time thing that sometimes shows up on different PvP game modes?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Hefty posted:

Wait, so what’s the fever time thing that sometimes shows up on different PvP game modes?

Double rewards for that mode.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I really don't like how unbalanced PvP is in this game. Makes me want to uninstall.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I really don't like how unbalanced PvP is in this game. Makes me want to uninstall.
it will get better eventually (range gets normalized helping melee a lot) but for a while, yeah. it's gonna be a broken mess. you CAN do well as a bad class if you spend enough time, but the good classes (sorc deathblade paladin bard) are so much easier to play

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Just going to power pass a Paladin then, see if I can actually contribute that way.

Bann
Jan 14, 2019

I believe you only need to get to lvl 26 in order to unlock PVP on a character. Once you are 26, you should be able to setup your book and queue.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Suprfli6 posted:

Oh for real? That's annoying.

That means when some RL friends of mine hit 1370 next week, I still probably won't be able to run with them on my main since I'll want to do both phases. Guess I have to push my alt from 1340 to 1370 after all lol.

Push the main to 1385 to get the research to make leveling the alts faster.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Bann posted:

I believe you only need to get to lvl 26 in order to unlock PVP on a character. Once you are 26, you should be able to setup your book and queue.

This is true, but I don’t think you get the PvP currency until 50, if that matters to you.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Zotix posted:

Push the main to 1385 to get the research to make leveling the alts faster.

Yeah I was 1385 this week to begin with but I was hoping to replace my Artillerist in their group seamlessly and do Argos p2 after doing p1 with them but I guess I can't. I'll probably just keep my Arti at 1340 even though I've done the research and focus on t1/t2 alts in the mean time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was watching a Twitch streamer last night that is 1415. How in the gently caress. D:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I was watching a Twitch streamer last night that is 1415. How in the gently caress. D:

:10bux::20bux::10bux::20bux::10bux::20bux::10bux::20bux:

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I love the event guardian fights so much. All the guardians stacked up with your cooldown reduction and cast speed stacked so high you can get multiple aoe casts off per ingiter. Massive aoe splash damage to everything walk away with mega mvp damage in the end feeling all proud. Then you go back to being slow and weak in your regular guardians. This really makes me consider getting swiftness instead of crit for my secondary stat. Maybe once my gems are high enough level for reduced cooldown too I can get two casts off per igniter. That and I need to get my all-out-attack to 3 so I can cast faster as well. Then I'm going to need some crit chance with engravings too to get my crit rate higher. It really sucks I do want some better engravings but I don't want to spend any gold on purple accessories that are going to be replaced real soon in 1370.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Getting 2/3 stacks of the buffs in the event guardians is very fun on artillerist. It makes air raid/homing shot like a 4 second cooldown so you just spam them and you're dropping non-stop nuclear bombs

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Getting 2/3 stacks of the buffs in the event guardians is very fun on artillerist. It makes air raid/homing shot like a 4 second cooldown so you just spam them and you're dropping non-stop nuclear bombs

My 1340 Arti had a homing beacon crit for 40 million damage today while I was soloing the mission. He has done the event solo every day so far in 5 minutes or less because of how much stagger and AOE his abilities have, it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Did that 40 million kill the guardian?