Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Original_Z posted:

Apparently MS was aware of it which is why they stopped publishing their games:

https://wccftech.com/ori-moon-studios-oppressive-work-culture-microsoft-split/

Microsoft had been aware of it for years before the investigation came out and they pulled funding because of the release of the information

Microsoft isnt doing anything until it gets called out for it, but alas, they also bought Activision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I don't know if this thread is for Blizzard employee updates but

https://twitter.com/devolore/status/1506035252921180166?s=20&t=DEMJ1jjriy1UN1lzCV1LMw

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Bideo James posted:

Microsoft had been aware of it for years before the investigation came out and they pulled funding because of the release of the information

Ori 2 came out quite a while ago and Moon Studios is currently publishing through Private Division. This narrative doesn't really match the facts, whatever you might think of how Microsoft handles allegations (they're a big corp so it's not surprising that they suck at it).

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1507076398476926992

Reset the clock.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

The day after he announced this, a community poll, one of the first ever, got put out seeking input about some changes they're making to a wow game mode. Lore will not be missed by any part of the community, I think, which is not a great place for their community manager to have been at.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Same day

https://twitter.com/ebeinke/status/1507047389231603721
https://twitter.com/ebeinke/status/1507058470448615434

ABK loving up donating the money that their departing executive negotiated because of discrimination and unequal pay against her, literally farcical

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I was looking through the filing for the latest lawsuit, here's the named defendants:

- Ben Kilgore, ex-CTO at Blizzard. You might be interested to know that Kilgore was one of the key people on the Xbox One tech team and also had a hand in creating the Kinect. He left Microsoft for Blizzard in 2014 and apparently disappeared from there in August 2018. This Vice article from last year says of his firing:

quote:

According to four former employees, Kilgore was fired following multiple allegations of improper behavior, particularly sexual harassment against female employees.

One source said that Kilgore was known to host so-called "networking events" where he would invite female employees and encourage them to attend, while also inviting some male employees. These events were "a way for C-level Blizzard executives to groom young female employees," the former employee said. (Another former employee told Motherboard that she was aware of these events.)
I don't know where Kilgore is now. LinkedIn profile doesn't seem to exist.

- Mark Skorupa, ex-IT director at Blizzard. He joined Microsoft in 2009 and spent many years on the Xbox team with Kilgore. Joined Blizzard in 2015, left December 2019 and then he went back to Microsoft. He's currently head of the Mixed Reality project. From the lawsuit:

quote:

On Ms. Doe’s very first day, Defendant SKORUPA, Mr. Kou, Defendant PATEL, Defendant INGALLS and others from ACTIVISION BLIZZARD leadership took Ms. Doe out for an “initiation lunch” at a restaurant. During this lunch, leadership pressured Ms. Doe to drink many shots of tequila. And at this lunch, Defendant SKORUPA forced his hand on Ms. Doe’s lap. After lunch, they all headed to another place for more drinks and leadership pressured Ms. Doe to drink even more. On the car ride back to the office, ACTIVISION BLIZZARD leadership told Ms. Doe that, as part of the initiation, she needed to share an embarrassing secret to everyone. She complied and it made her extremely uncomfortable.
- Derek Ingalls, ex-CIO at Blizzard. Also used to work at Microsoft on the Xbox team for a long time, alongside Kilgore and Skorupa at some point. Joined Blizzard in 2014, left in August 2019 to join Amazon's Cloud division. From the Vice article:

quote:

The employee added that speaking up against Ingalls "was putting a target on your back to get PIP'd then fired."

PIP stands for "performance improvement plan," during which employees are warned they have to meet specific goals or face disciplinary measures, a step many companies take before firing an employee. "[They] took away bonuses for the year and set goals you must meet to earn them back. They gave those out like candy to anyone they didn't like or who challenged them."
- Sonal Patel, then-Executive Assistant at Blizzard. Still works there, now as Program Manager, has been with the company since 2008. From the lawsuit:

quote:

On Ms. Doe’s second day of work, Defendant PATEL sent Ms. Doe and a prospective ACTIVISION BLIZZARD employee an email with a comment about “hookers and blow.”

On December 11, 2017, Defendant PATEL told Ms. Doe that she and her boyfriend are polyamorous and that they had a lot of parties if Ms. Doe ever wanted to join. Ms. Doe declined Defendant PATEL’s invitation for casual sex.
- Danny Nguyen, Senior IT Manager at Blizzard. Apparently been with Blizzard since 2003, involved with Overwatch League and Blizzard Arena (LinkedIn profile appears to be gone). From the lawsuit:

quote:

On November 21, 2019, Defendant NGUYEN, BLIZZARD Senior IT manager, invited Ms. Doe to dinner when he told her that he heard Defendant INGALLS and Defendant SKORUPA talk about Ms. Doe in a sexually explicit manner. After dinner, Defendant NGUYEN attempted to kiss Ms. Doe as she got in her car. Ms. Doe quickly drove away in fear with her car door open, leaving Defendant NGUYEN in the street.

There's also details of retaliatory action against her and taking various benefits away, with management eventually hiring new temp employees to do the work she was already assigned.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just burn the company to the ground and start over at this point

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Ori 2 came out quite a while ago and Moon Studios is currently publishing through Private Division. This narrative doesn't really match the facts, whatever you might think of how Microsoft handles allegations (they're a big corp so it's not surprising that they suck at it).

Okay, its been since before Ori came out, good lord. The same problems are at Microsoft too, look at that suite!

Bideo James fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 25, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MiCrOsOfT wIlL cLeAn Up AcTiBlIzZ's RePuTaTiOn :downs:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Minera posted:

The day after he announced this, a community poll, one of the first ever, got put out seeking input about some changes they're making to a wow game mode. Lore will not be missed by any part of the community, I think, which is not a great place for their community manager to have been at.

Did people not like Lore? I never got that impression

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
People liked Lore a little too much if anything

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Community manager is a typically thankless job.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Lore was well liked at first and had solid clout as the Tankspot guy,, but his interactions with the community steadily soured. In BfA he launched the extremely controversial Azerite post where he communicated that the devs were actively considering making Azerite harder to respec instead of easier. This blew up and players were pissed. (You can see the beginnings of the Covenant problem here). He ranted on Twitter about how awful and stupid the players were, like we couldn't read his public posts.

That was basically the low point, and after that he stopped posting and apparently got reassigned to managing community partners, which ALSO started going to poo poo, so...

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
What a wretched place to work. I can't even imagine.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Disargeria posted:

Lore was well liked at first and had solid clout as the Tankspot guy,, but his interactions with the community steadily soured. In BfA he launched the extremely controversial Azerite post where he communicated that the devs were actively considering making Azerite harder to respec instead of easier. This blew up and players were pissed. (You can see the beginnings of the Covenant problem here). He ranted on Twitter about how awful and stupid the players were, like we couldn't read his public posts.

That was basically the low point, and after that he stopped posting and apparently got reassigned to managing community partners, which ALSO started going to poo poo, so...

there is literally no situation in which a community manager can win and when people are rightfully mega lovely you literally cant complain about it. it rules. i am so glad i do not do community management anymore!!

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

anime was right posted:

there is literally no situation in which a community manager can win and when people are rightfully mega lovely you literally cant complain about it. it rules. i am so glad i do not do community management anymore!!

Tseric did nothing wrong!

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Disargeria posted:

Christ Lore is a *PERSON*, I thought for a moment we were talking about them getting of Lore as a concept from WoW and thought I was losing it

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Magmarashi posted:

Christ Lore is a *PERSON*, I thought for a moment we were talking about them getting of Lore as a concept from WoW and thought I was losing it

Oh, no, that’s been gone for ages now. :v:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Disargeria posted:

It's been 11 months almost to the day since the absolute disaster of an Ion interview with preach that drove away nearly all of wow's major content creators and sparked WoW's mass exodus to ff14.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I vaguely remember that being a thing but I don't remember why it was so bad. What did Ion say?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Dick Burglar posted:

I vaguely remember that being a thing but I don't remember why it was so bad. What did Ion say?

Essentially “if we could do Shadowlands all over again with the benefit of hindsight, we still would have done it largely the same”, IIRC?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Magmarashi posted:

Christ Lore

Is that what the kids are calling religion these days

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Dick Burglar posted:

Yeah largely what Regalingualius said above. There were a few huge timesink mechanics gating the new content that the playerbase absolutely hated and hoped he would address and might be sympathetic to dialing down or even removing. Instead he doubled down on them, somehow seemed completely out of touch with pretty much the entire playerbase's feelings about the patch. Then on top of it all commented that why should they beta test stuff more, their players beta test it for them when it goes live.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

anime was right posted:

Yeah, imagine all those retail horror stories you hear, but now it's on the internet and all the customers are teenagers who have never had a job. Good stuff.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ColdPie posted:

Yeah, imagine all those retail horror stories you hear, but now it's on the internet and all the customers are teenagers who have never had a job. Good stuff.

lol they're not just jobless teenagers and also they will do poo poo like mail you death threats. absolute dogshit job thats basically the skillset of Comms + Marketing + Support all rolled into one except it pays nothing too.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

ColdPie posted:

You're thinking of people that send death threats over 1 year age gaps in fan fiction, not toxic WoW players who are sadly tax paying adults that should really know better

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Regarding the botched IGDA investigation into a harasser from a while back
https://twitter.com/Charalanahzard/status/1507447129089855491

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Runa posted:

Is that what the kids are calling religion these days

Are they wrong?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Are they wrong?
Yeah, most religious people aren't Christian.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

ColdPie posted:

I was recently told I deserved the rope by a 42 year old man because I lowered an ability's DPS by 2%.

Teenagers they ain't.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kith posted:

I was recently told I deserved the rope by a 42 year old man because I lowered an ability's DPS by 2%.

Teenagers they ain't.

i thought they got rid of blood and soil in warcraft years ago

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Kith posted:

Teenagers they ain't.

Mouthbreathers threatening people over the internet because they're out of punching distance will always be a thing, sadly.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/FreeTheWolfVO/status/1508879878065586179

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Kotick made $155 million in 2020 alone, an $18 million settlement is ridiculous.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Regarding the botched IGDA investigation into a harasser from a while back
https://twitter.com/Charalanahzard/status/1507447129089855491

If you don't have time for videos (who does?) she says this page is the basis for a lot of her investigation. https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-02-07-igda-mishandled-complaints-of-harassment-conduct-violations

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Kith posted:

Teenagers they ain't.
My favorite was people yelling at me about lowering the proc rate on an item in a hotfix that actually made the ability work for the first time.

So they had never even experienced the previous proc rate, but I was obviously a stupid piece of poo poo who was ruining the game because I lowered it.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Aren't The Public just cracker jack to interact with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

The EEOC case against acto and bobby has been officially settled for 18m fine, and a clause in the suit might dissolve the harsher California lawsuit.

So bobby keeps winning