Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I've been playing frenzy vr and it's fun. Completely mindless violence app that lets you throw people through windows and in front of subways, etc. Managed to John wick a guy by holding a screwdriver against a wall and slamming his head into it.

It's not great, but hell, it's like 12 bucks on the quest store. Kinda buggy sometimes but I love smashing people through office windows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I love smashing people through office windows.

Welp, now I've got to try this. Nothing beats some good old fashioned defenestration!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://uploadvr.com/psvr-2-eye-tracking-foveated-rendering-gdc/

Running the VR Alchemy Lab demo with dynamic lighting and shadows on PSVR 2, frame time reportedly dropped from 33.2ms to 14.3ms. In another demo — a 4K spaceship demo — CPU thread performance was 32% faster and GPU frame time went down from 14.3ms to 12.5ms.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

i can still taste him posted:

Welp, now I've got to try this. Nothing beats some good old fashioned defenestration!

One of mini games is the glass walk from squid games :allears:

Worth a try. It's from the app lab so they're might be a demo somewhere.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I don't know if I need to git gud or what, but so far 100% of my Beanstalker deaths have been from falling. Usually as a result of some accidental motion controller input that sends me off the edge.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Gorilla tag is #7 :golfclap:

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Turin Turambar posted:

Try to delete the saved guardian, there is a setting for that.

Yeah tried that multiple times no help. I'm doing factory reset this week I guess

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I have 30€ in store credit on the Oculus store, gotten from referring a friend. I'm not even sure when this credit will expire but I feel like getting some game on there, but I have some requirements;

- must be either Quest 2 exclusive or have the same/similar enough performance and quality on PCVR and Quest 2 (otherwise I'd prefer getting the PC version, call me silly but graphics are kinda important to me - I can take a graphically "simple" game but if I know that there's a better looking version around that I could've gotten instead, it kills me)
- for the same reason, crossbuy titles are better than quest-only titles, so I can skirt around that "limitation" in case while still having a standalone game if needed/appropriate
- should be something that really benefits from being untethered and/or playing anywhere, if it's a sitting down at home game the SteamVR version, tethered up, is usually cheaper, easier and better quality
- I'm not a big fan of rhythm games, fitness games, or first person shooters. Much prefer adventures, simulations or simpler action / interactive games
- ideally it should be replayable, the one big complaint I have about most VR games/experiences is that they're too short and "one and done", and that's why I'm mostly playing Skyrim VR now, it's not going to be over in a lazy sunday afternoon

I already own on Quest: Walkabout Minigolf, Thrill of the Fight, Cubism

on SteamVR: Elite Dangerous, Moss, Demeo, Skyrim VR, Trover Saves the Universe, Red Matter, Blade & Sorcery, Cook Out, The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets, A Fisherman's Tale, The Morrigan, Paper Beast, Pavlov VR, Pixel Ripped 1995, Panoptic, Raw Data, Synth Riders, Battlewave and some more assorted extra crap (it's very varied because I bought a few cheap bundles / games on deep discount)

so, what am I missing? :)

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Puzzling Places.
Might be a bit too passive for you, but doing 3D jigsaws while sitting out on my breezy balcony is very relaxing. No PCVR version and therefore no crossbuy but the Quest version is good enough that you aren't likely to desire it anyway. A lot of content, particularly if you get your hands on the Patreon-exclusive puzzles.

3D jigsaw also doesn't quite sell it, the photogrammetry high quality and they do lots of fun audio immersion stuff. Controls are simple but flexible, minimal jank, It's a quality game.

SCheeseman fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Mar 29, 2022

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I would say Ultrawings 2 (It's good, it will have crossbuy once released on pc, it's simulation) but it isn't really an 'untethered' game, but a seated game. We don't know what price will have in Steam, it was delayed to April

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Daily Deal is Ven VR Adventure for 18.46€
I didn't care for it, but hey, maybe someone will. Usually is 30€.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Thought piece/Hot take:

I think it's time for Quest VR games to stop using a premium price tag. It seems there are enough games already and the audience has increased (so from VR enthusiasts only in the first years to a more mainstream audience) that putting a high price point isn't the optimal choice anymore. Example: Tentacular vs Startenders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTpvHD24iz0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo5dRsfVx1k

Look at the trailers. Both seems to be well polished cartoon adventures. Yes, they aren't the same, one is based in a 'time management'/cooking gameplay and another seems to have more physical puzzles elements. Still, the trailers gave me similar vibes, you know? Enough that I started comparing them in my mind.
Both reviewed well with critics and have even the same user score (92). Marketing wise, it seems Tentacular did it better: The two yt videos with higher viewership from Tentacular added are 260k views, while Startenders 2 biggest videos have a measly 41k views.

Now look at the ratings # (and let's think the ratings correspond to sales at the same ratio in both cases). There is an obvious gap:

I can only look at the price tag as explanation, 15€ vs 25€. The market seems to think 15€ is a more appropriate price for something like these games. Calc on hand, it seems Startenders got 85% more revenue *thanks* to the lower price tag. So devs, learn what your products are truly worth.
Of course the other conclusion could be 'make another military FPS like Alvo, or make an anime game like Onogoro, weebs love them and will buy them each'.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

That's a whole lot of "let's assume that.." bullshit that you pulled from nowhere, but sure.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

mutata posted:

That's a whole lot of "let's assume that.." bullshit that you pulled from nowhere, but sure.

Of course!

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I prefer lower prices myself for VR software because I feel that if the experience/game ends up being just "fine" (which feels very likely) I will play it twice.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

SCheeseman posted:

Puzzling Places.
Might be a bit too passive for you, but doing 3D jigsaws while sitting out on my breezy balcony is very relaxing. No PCVR version and therefore no crossbuy but the Quest version is good enough that you aren't likely to desire it anyway. A lot of content, particularly if you get your hands on the Patreon-exclusive puzzles.

3D jigsaw also doesn't quite sell it, the photogrammetry high quality and they do lots of fun audio immersion stuff. Controls are simple but flexible, minimal jank, It's a quality game.

this is nice, thanks! My wife would love it and I would get a good time out of it for sure, too. Being not PCVR is a plus, having store credit I don't have to pay "my own money" for something that might be gotten cheaper on steam! :v:

Turin Turambar posted:

I would say Ultrawings 2 (It's good, it will have crossbuy once released on pc, it's simulation) but it isn't really an 'untethered' game, but a seated game. We don't know what price will have in Steam, it was delayed to April

Looks cool, I thought about it but I'm not sure I could handle it - flying and high movement action still don't sit right with me and this specifically may be a bit too action-y perhaps

The Eyes Have It posted:

I prefer lower prices myself for VR software because I feel that if the experience/game ends up being just "fine" (which feels very likely) I will play it twice.

:same:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Yeah I was sitting on a 20% coupon expiring today so grabbed Puzzling Places after reading that and yeah, loving it. In my experience so far VR is way better at achieving "chill" than "intense."

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Some days ago I mentioned the Ommigallery to someone who was asking for educational content.

I noticed it has been updated since the last time I tried, with a new and very trippy lobby, apart from some misc content. It's also on Steam
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1587200/The_OmniGallery/
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/2815210175190743/

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

i can still taste him posted:

Weird I tried to download the game, but it says it's banned in Prague?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

BIG status update on the Dr Beef Half Life 2 port

https://www.reddit.com/r/hlvr/comments/trrv6p/hl2vr_a_reflection_on_my_first_year_in_the/

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1012790/Into_the_Radius_VR/ - 50% off

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000
As someone who is deathly allergic to Early Access, is Into The Radius worth getting now? Is the 1.0 version a done enough game that I won't feel bad playing it now rather than waiting for 2.0?

I vaguely remember reading that 2.0 was a major overhaul and basically like another round of early access and radically altering the game for the better.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I think version 2.0 was released already, he is working on 2.2.

We will have a new gaming showcase in 21 days.
https://www.oculus.com/blog/save-the-date-for-the-second-annual-meta-quest-gaming-showcase-april-20/

edit: more planes pew pew
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/3984056454948095?utm_source=vrsort.com
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1930920/Warplanes_Battles_over_Pacific/

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 30, 2022

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Shooting shadow ghosts doesn’t feel as good as shooting deformed mutants and Human enemies. Does it have more enemy variety like the STALKER series?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Getting my tax return and I intended to spend a chunk of it on a VR headset. I've got a ryzen 5 3600 and a 3060ti. Is the Quest still the best option? I loath to have facebook in my life in any capacity.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You need to better define “best option”. If you truly hate Facebook, you could always get an Index.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Getting my tax return and I intended to spend a chunk of it on a VR headset. I've got a ryzen 5 3600 and a 3060ti. Is the Quest still the best option? I loath to have facebook in my life in any capacity.

Your options really are hold your nose and get the Quest or pay 3x more for an Index. Or roll the WMR dice and get an HP Reverb 2 but I remember hearing all kinds of issues with that when it launched.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Lord Bob posted:

As someone who is deathly allergic to Early Access, is Into The Radius worth getting now? Is the 1.0 version a done enough game that I won't feel bad playing it now rather than waiting for 2.0?

I vaguely remember reading that 2.0 was a major overhaul and basically like another round of early access and radically altering the game for the better.

Yes, it is.

It pisses me off that version 2 removed the firing range map because it was too much work for them to add it back in (or something), and that the grip controls on Index are always capacitive and never force-sensor regardless of how you bind it, but despite all that I've had a lot of fun playing it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

njsykora posted:

Your options really are hold your nose and get the Quest or pay 3x more for an Index. Or roll the WMR dice and get an HP Reverb 2 but I remember hearing all kinds of issues with that when it launched.

The Reverb G2v2 (which is what anyone will get now if they buy new) it quite good for the price.

I bought it and when it finally stabilized, it was amazing and very few models have better picture.

The Quest2 is still going to be the best price:feature ratio for almost any user.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You need to better define “best option”. If you truly hate Facebook, you could always get an Index.

Is actually available to buy, does not cost one thousand dollars.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Does anyone happen to know if the index’s DP tether is actually operating as an active DP cable? I guess the same question for the USB part of it but that’s less important.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
I really hate the recent Quest 2 loading icon change from Oculus to Meta and having the Meta logo burned into my eyes every time I start up the device

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Kill All Cops posted:

I really hate the recent Quest 2 loading icon change from Oculus to Meta and having the Meta logo burned into my eyes every time I start up the device

Yeah I hate it, it feels very corporate overlord in a way the Oculus logo never did for whatever reason. Especially given that the logo never shows up otherwise in the headset OS itself (probably because it's not as easy to seamlessly tuck into each enviroment as the Oculus logo was).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

njsykora posted:

Yeah I hate it, it feels very corporate overlord in a way the Oculus logo never did for whatever reason. Especially given that the logo never shows up otherwise in the headset OS itself (probably because it's not as easy to seamlessly tuck into each enviroment as the Oculus logo was).

It also ripped off someone else's company logo nearly-verbatim.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It also ripped off someone else's company logo nearly-verbatim.

If it’s good enough for Rich Energy.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Moss 2 launches today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyI1_rh1dek

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

No PCVR option? loving hell.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Is actually available to buy, does not cost one thousand dollars.

Quest 2 is for you then, my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

No PCVR option? loving hell.

For now...