Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Xbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

Sunset Overdrive was very fun to play but very irritating to listen to.

I can see the dialogue since they kept trying to bounce between 'this is a serious moment in our game about soda zombies' and 'everything is a joke and meta' but I dug the garage band aesthetic soundtrack. Especially how it kicked in the more cool stuff you did.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Soonmot posted:

Yeah Jet Set Radio Future, unless there was a thirds game I don't know about. Was that not on Dreamcast too?

Xbox exclusive.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There was essentially a hot couple years after the Dreamcast bust where Sega was really hitching their wagon to the Xbox, down to proposing that MS include Dreamcast back compat on it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Soonmot posted:

Sunset Overdrive was the closest thing we got to a new Jet Set Radio game since the dreamcast.
Wish I could play it, so weird that Insomniac made a Microsoft exclusive game; we don't talk about Fuse since Overstrike looked like a much cooler game

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

achillesforever6 posted:

Wish I could play it, so weird that Insomniac made a Microsoft exclusive game; we don't talk about Fuse since Overstrike looked like a much cooler game

Oh, right, Overstrike. Apparently focused-tested to death.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 22, 2022

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I think Suicide Squad looks pretty good, but I need to see uncut gameplay before I start forming any sort of definitive opinion. It looks like the characters have a lot of fun movement options, but the big question for me is how much freedom the player has to use those options. If the team has to stick together at all times, that would put a huge leash on the movement, which would be a shame.

I want to zoom around shooting funny aliens, nothing more and nothing less. :blastu:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Seftonhill/status/1506632960858021902?s=20&t=38DJiZBFWzdi66hlE5KlLg

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol Rocksteady

This thing is gonna bomb so hard

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I do wonder if they were originally planning it as a live service game only to see the attitude turn on those pretty hard.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mostly I wonder if they're going to actually finish it or just use that time to fritter around more and then need even more crunch.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

muscles like this! posted:

I do wonder if they were originally planning it as a live service game only to see the attitude turn on those pretty hard.

Didn't they explicitly state it's supposed to be GAAS? That was part of the reason I've generally been kinda cool on it, even before being somewhat underwhelmed by the gameplay trailer.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

You can get Sunset Overdrive on PC. I think it might be on gamepass, too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Soonmot posted:

You can get Sunset Overdrive on PC. I think it might be on gamepass, too.

It is. I bought it for four bucks or so not too long ago.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

catlord posted:

Didn't they explicitly state it's supposed to be GAAS? That was part of the reason I've generally been kinda cool on it, even before being somewhat underwhelmed by the gameplay trailer.

I can't remember if they've really said much about the structure of the game but the Batman one definitely was when they announced it and the rumors circling whatever Rocksteady was working on before they officially announced Suicide Squad was that it definitely was a games as a service game so if it isn't now it probably was at some point in it's development history.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i had never even heard of sunset overdrive before this humble sale. is it good?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

site posted:

i had never even heard of sunset overdrive before this humble sale. is it good?

It's an open world third person shooter made by the ratchet and clank folks with all the wacky weapons that you'd expect and a tony hawks style movement system with rewards for combos and never stopping moving, it feels quite good to play and has a pretty decent style graphically, that is married to a really, really divisive tone for the story, presentation and dialogue though, I'd recommend watching the opening cutscene on youtube, maybe the first half hour even cause it really, really turns some people off. I enjoyed it well enough but it's very much a throwaway thing, sorta reminds me of Crackdown or games of that type.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The last game Rocksteady put out was Arkham VR in 2016, and hard to say that's actually much of a game. Before that it was Arkham Knight which was a loving mess in 2015.

8 years between major game releases. And what they've shown so far already has an outdated take on characters and looks terrible overall. They're also gonna miss the Peacemaker train.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah the fact that they did one game the entire last generation doesn't exactly bode well.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Would love to be proven wrong, but at this point I'm just expecting an expose on Rocksteady to drop in the next year or so revealing it was always a shithole or something. Or on the more "positive" side that WB became hell to work with in 2013ish and everyone kept leaving Rocksteady.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

Would love to be proven wrong, but at this point I'm just expecting an expose on Rocksteady to drop in the next year or so revealing it was always a shithole or something. Or on the more "positive" side that WB became hell to work with in 2013ish and everyone kept leaving Rocksteady.

That..... that already happened? There was a big thing in 2020 about how out of 200 or 300 employees only 13 or 17 (can't remember the exact numbers for either of those things but they were in those ballparks) were women and nearly all of them had suffered harassment in their roles, then some huge amount of the rest of the workforce had suffered abuse/jokes about their orientation or ethnicity or various other things and the lead writer of the suicide squad game asked for her name to be taken off the project because of the working conditions on the game.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I like the Arkham games but I really, REALLY hate their take on Tim Drake.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I would be very curious to hear what's been going on behind the scenes at both Rocksteady and WB Montreal, because obviously something's gone fucky back there if even half the rumours of development are true.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Just give me Arkham Origins 2 with no joker

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

thebardyspoon posted:

That..... that already happened? There was a big thing in 2020 about how out of 200 or 300 employees only 13 or 17 (can't remember the exact numbers for either of those things but they were in those ballparks) were women and nearly all of them had suffered harassment in their roles, then some huge amount of the rest of the workforce had suffered abuse/jokes about their orientation or ethnicity or various other things and the lead writer of the suicide squad game asked for her name to be taken off the project because of the working conditions on the game.

This industry is a loving hellzone where I can't keep track of how many times this happens, gently caress. :smith:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rocksteady writers room:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdwPGZi-3yQ

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

Just give me Arkham Origins 2 with no joker

:hmmyes:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Vandar posted:

I like the Arkham games but I really, REALLY hate their take on Tim Drake.

Refresh my memory? My only recollection of him is as a buzzed-head jacked up USMC-Robin type.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Midniter posted:

Refresh my memory? My only recollection of him is as a buzzed-head jacked up USMC-Robin type.

Isn't that enough to figure out why people don't like that take?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I throw a skin on Tim in Arkham Knight to help dull the pain

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

I throw a skin on Tim in Arkham Knight to help dull the pain

I haven't played Arkham Knight yet, do the skins show up in cut scenes. I played all of the first Arkham game as the 70s blue Batman and it pissed me off that the cutscenes were prerendered so Batman was in his normal costume.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

They do show up in cutscenes (except a pre-rendered thing on a TV screen so you'll have to see Nightwing's ugly-rear end costume at least one time)

I think I had One Year Later on Tim from start to finish

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Skwirl posted:

Isn't that enough to figure out why people don't like that take?

The Arkham tie in comics also established that he has a day job as an MMA fighter which is just the wackiest poo poo

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The Midniter posted:

That's exactly it lol. That's as far from being Tim Drake as humanly possible.

Tim is a thinker, out of all the Robins he's the detective, and he's drat good at it. He's the observer, the planner. He's not some always pissed-off buzzed-head rear end in a top hat. They just completely hosed his character in every possible way.

omg chael crash posted:

The Arkham tie in comics also established that he has a day job as an MMA fighter which is just the wackiest poo poo

Jesus Christ.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

They do show up in cutscenes (except a pre-rendered thing on a TV screen so you'll have to see Nightwing's ugly-rear end costume at least one time)

I think I had One Year Later on Tim from start to finish

The correct solution

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

loving lmao

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Plus also the romantic history with Barbara that should by all rights be Dick's.

For Arkham Knight, I went 66 skin for everyone.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Batman '89 was the only real choice of skin for Knight. :colbert:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The Dark Knight Returns skin was my outfit of choice for Arkham Knight. Seeing such a high fidelity Batman being so wide and wearing such an ill-fitting costume never stopped amusing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I'm baffled why they did a Tim/Barbara romance in the Arkham games. It makes no sense at all and is just super distracting.