Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

Rampage spoilers:

TAG TEAM MATCH, PLAYA! HOLLA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

PROGRESS spoilers:

quote:

Laura Di Matteo won the women's 4 way to become no. 1 contender

Charles Crowley def Danny Black

Ilja Dragunov def Cara Noir - Spike Trivet padlocked Cara by his neck to the top rope and battered him with a chair and left with his mask

The 0121 won the tag team gauntlet to win tag titles

Gisele Shaw def Alex Windsor to retain women's title

Jonathan Gresham def Warren Banks to retain progress world title, Warren won a false finish due to foot under ropes... Lykos Gym came to celebrate with him but when match restarted turned on him to align with Gresham.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1508563818653265920?s=20&t=WBFiOiwcr9NiMglePCC4hA

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Have they even hinted it's Cody in this Rollins story? I know Edge dropped a few before they shifted to AJ but surely the Punk thing proves you do bigger business by making it clear what the 'surprise' is ahead of time?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I mean if it's not Cody I think people will start throwing trash in the ring. Who knows, maybe that's what they want.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
why make a big deal about some aew midcarder?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

It'll be Gillberg, then Seth will take care of him before the bell rings, then it'll be Cody lmao

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I hope when they reveal Cody’s name it’s like Ron Crunkle

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope it's not Cody and he's just relaxing at home

It'll be Cody tho

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It's going to be Scrapp Metal

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

If it's not Cody i'm gonna be the biggest cody mark ever.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

They're going to completely redo the Cena/Undertaker thing and have someone else come out first for heeeeaat before Cody shows up.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

They're going to completely redo the Cena/Undertaker thing and have someone else come out first for heeeeaat before Cody shows up.

Perfect spot for Veer!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Mons Hubris posted:

I hope when they reveal Cody’s name it’s like Ron Crunkle

I genuinely think the best way to handle Cody in WWE would be to just go over the top Corporate Sellout, including a dumb name change. Give him a good authority-adjacent heel run, have fun with him bigging up WWE and Vince despite all the history, eventually take the layup face turn where he goes back to being Cody

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

xbilkis posted:

I genuinely think the best way to handle Cody in WWE would be to just go over the top Corporate Sellout, including a dumb name change. Give him a good authority-adjacent heel run, have fun with him bigging up WWE and Vince despite all the history, eventually take the layup face turn where he goes back to being Cody

he refused to turn heel in aew though

if he did, we wouldn't be in this mess

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

xbilkis posted:

Yeah I think a big part of Cody going to WWE is cause he wants to be a face and do Make-a-Wish stuff and other community outreach things. So don't think he'll want to be a heel for that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yeah I think a big part of Cody going to WWE is cause he wants to be a face and do Make-a-Wish stuff and other community outreach things. So don't think he'll want to be a heel for that.

He was already doing that in AEW, because even though adults booed the poo poo out of him little kids just love wrestlers.

Literally exactly like Cena.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

He was already doing that in AEW, because even though adults booed the poo poo out of him little kids just love wrestlers.

Literally exactly like Cena.

Yeah, it's something he really cares about so don't think he'll want to come in as a heel and have kids boo him.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

basically, Cody Rhodes is the Wish equivalent of John Cena

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

DEAR RICHARD posted:

If he’d turned heel he still wouldn’t have been worth a main event salary

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Venomous posted:

basically, Cody Rhodes is the Wish equivalent of John Cena

Well when WWE has been pushing the Wish equivalent of The Rock for the past 7 years it makes sense to give Cena a go. They just didn’t need to before because they were able to get him to come back every year.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

If he’d turned heel he still wouldn’t have been worth a main event salary

TK paying Christian Kirk main event money. I can see why Cody would get jealous!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I thought something huge happened but it's just 20 more posts about cody rhodes in a different thread. Can someone just make a [cody rhodes] thread since it's wm week and there could be exciting things happening instead of making every thread about him

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=157393

HERE COMES THE MONEY

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Vince is picking Seth's opponent. Shane is in town. All the pieces are falling into place for my proposed "Cody is Vince's new son" angle

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

I thought something huge happened but it's just 20 more posts about cody rhodes in a different thread. Can someone just make a [cody rhodes] thread since it's wm week and there could be exciting things happening instead of making every thread about him

Pro Wrestling Free Agency Thread

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

i would lose my poo poo

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DEAR RICHARD posted:

This is dumb and untrue and wasn’t reported.

It was a money issue, that’s all that was reported.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

We were all looking at the wrong failson for hte shocking WWE signing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lmao yes

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

This is dumb and untrue and wasn’t reported.

It was a money issue, that’s all that was reported.

it didn't need to be reported, cody has been self-tattling for months now. find your favorite podcast/interview from the past 6-8 months where he said he will never ever turn heel in his career, that it would "ruin" his ability to do community/charity stuff, and he never wants his daughter to see him on tv as a villain

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

bank on it - they're going to do the fake out of having Shane answer but have Cody be the REAL answer after the crowd gets restless with We Want Cody chants

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Hell yes. Mania is going to rule

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

it didn't need to be reported, cody has been self-tattling for months now. find your favorite podcast/interview from the past 6-8 months where he said he will never ever turn heel in his career, that it would "ruin" his ability to do community/charity stuff, and he never wants his daughter to see him on tv as a villain

You make up things in your mind to justify unhinged hatred for people you will never know. I hate Adam Cole but I at least I admit it's on me and I just find him lame and annoying. Find god.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

people who think cody left aew because he refused to turn heel are bigger marks than people who actually play carnival games

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

cody left aew because tony wouldn't pay him enough, and also independently of that refused to turn heel because he's a big ol baby

it's okay to live in denial, eat my fuc. that's 85% of what being a wrestling fan is

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cody left AEW because he wanted to turn heel but Tony wouldn't let him and Cody got sick of having to do interviews pretending he didn't want to turn heel.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cody wanted more money but refused to turn heel so there was nothing justifying him making that kind of money. Creatively he was at a dead end without turning heel.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
cody already turned heel, it's just that his heel character was being cena and acting like he'd never actually turn heel b/c he loves everyone too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I feel like the window of the cody company change feeling like a big deal was weeks ago