Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I wish there was at least one wildcard random floor upgrade for map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Does every weapon have an evolved form, even the unique ones that certain characters start out with?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I'm pretty sure there are several that don't have upgrades yet. Runetracer, cherry bomb, the time freeze, and the i-frames plant at least.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bone doesn't have an evolve yet either.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Someone on Reddit made a handy dandy evolution chart. If it isn't on here, it doesn't evolve.

Hopefully the plan is for EVERY weapon to evolve. That seems like it would be chaotic and fun.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This is a silly game

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I'm off to kill Death guys wish me luck!

e: Dude personal space please

e2: Ugh he's back

Splicer fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 30, 2022

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Update:

Did I kill any deaths? Who knows! I waited until 60 mins and quit.

e: hooray!

e2: His scythes are so small

Splicer fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 30, 2022

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
What do you need to kill Death btw?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

A hex editor I think.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah currently the only way to do it is either cheating your damage silly high, or bug yourself into a place where he physically cannot reach you.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
According to the wiki death has (635000 * player level) HP or thereabouts, so it's either hex editing or doing an extremely gimmicky and rng dependent low level build and hoping 30 minutes later you don't get hosed by positioning or terrain or whatnot.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Azran posted:

What do you need to kill Death btw?
https://vampire-survivors.fandom.com/wiki/Death#Killing_Death

Or edit the game so he's easier.

Or unlock missingN▯ by editing your save file and rerolling until you have negative health and are therefore invincible, as per my bullshit above.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I killed death with what appears to have been a bug earlier in the game? I just did a run totally as normal and at the end for the “killed death” achievement posthumously.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Whoops

Splicer fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 31, 2022

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

unkillable, but at what cost?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

dis astranagant posted:

unkillable, but at what cost?
The exactly -100% movement speed on a level with no moving enemies is what turned it from humourous to Greek cautionary tale.

The teeny tiny scythes were adorable though.

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010
Lol, just completed a run with 10 curse AND had Pentagram + Clock Lancet. It was actually a very easy run. I didn't think I would make it very far but alas... XD

https://imgur.com/a/kakVP5d

I don't think the Clock Lancet or Gorgeous Moon even actually really helped, but I might be wrong.

Stockholm Syndrome fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 2, 2022

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Stockholm Syndrome posted:

Lol, just completed a run with 10 curse AND had Pentagram + Clock Lancet. It was actually a very easy run. I didn't think I would make it very far but alas... XD

https://imgur.com/a/kakVP5d

I don't think the Clock Lancet or Gorgeous Moon even actually really helped, but I might be wrong.

Yeah, Curse's enemy speed buff makes Gorgeous Moon worthless for clearing, but at least you get stage wide gem gathering!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
You can't get the Tiramisu as a level-up reward, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

C-Euro posted:

You absolutely can.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Yeah that's the only way to get it; Tiramisu the item is separate from the Revive passive powerup (which uses the same icon)

They basically use the same icons for like-stats, like how the Damage powerup is the Spinach icon, and the Spinach item is a damage booster

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
New map, reach level 60 on Dairy farm seems like a vertical version of library, has bracer and spellbinder as pickups also has a new thing for 'hurry mode'

new character kill 3000 milk elementals on Dairy farm, the white goop lookin guys same stats and passive as Mort/Cav (ie. + projectiles), has new weapon

new weapon Carréllo the carts from Dairy Farm!! moves horizontally, bounces off terrain, is NOT effected by projectile count

and a runetracer upgrade + armour, explodes on bounce or being hit

unlock 60 items for another banish upgrade, reach 100 w/ new character for another reroll rank

hurry mode: 15 minute time limit?

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 5, 2022

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
New weapon: Seems to have a bit of the whip problem. Also strange that it's the default weapon on a character with +proj scaling and it gets no effect from that. Is that the first time that's happened? Would be pretty busted if it did get +carts though, it hits pretty hard.
New evolution:
Holy poo poo that's a lot of damage.

The retributive explosions are kind of cute but not a big deal, but the constant psychadelic explosions everyone is nuts.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I guess it's not surprising the rune tracer evolution is OP since rune tracer is already as powerful as most evolved weapons with the right upgrades. I'm actually surprised it got one.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The new weapon does have proj scaling. it converts proj into aoe at a pretty significant rate. Feels like another lightning ring in that it runs up the score without actually contributing much to keeping you alive.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Sindai posted:

I guess it's not surprising the rune tracer evolution is OP since rune tracer is already as powerful as most evolved weapons with the right upgrades. I'm actually surprised it got one.

The creator specifically stated they don't care about balance, it'll be interesting to see how much more power creep happens between now and final release.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

He explicitly promised more power creep in another recent set of patchnotes, I appreciate what I call the Isaac approach to game design of just throwing poo poo in and seeing how crazy the screencaps get.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

New weapon feels a little disappointing, imo. It hits hard, sure, but the fact it's limited to a horizontal line wherever you were standing when it fired really limits how useful it can be.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

serefin99 posted:

New weapon feels a little disappointing, imo. It hits hard, sure, but the fact it's limited to a horizontal line wherever you were standing when it fired really limits how useful it can be.

Agreed. It's fun to see 2 huge minecarts bounce back and forth, but unless you can stand still (or circle a very small area) it's less useful than the whip.

That being said, I do like the new stage. It's got a fun enemy set and I really like the dragons that can show up to block off progression.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I tried a run on that flipped library. Something at 25:00 killed me. I have no idea what happened. Some kind of environmental effect? There was to much poo poo and to much lag on my screen to see what was happening. But it just wore me down

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Goodpancakes posted:

I tried a run on that flipped library. Something at 25:00 killed me. I have no idea what happened. Some kind of environmental effect? There was to much poo poo and to much lag on my screen to see what was happening. But it just wore me down

Am I wrong in thinking it's the first area to have mobs with projectiles? Because there seem to be several types, one that is raining lightning with some warning indicators?

Idk, I didn't make it far with that new Ramba character, it is a slow grower. Love that there are lots of bony boys as a continuation of Castlevania callbacks.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
New boss is good

lol at max area sized new weapon

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am playing minecraft

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

so the boss that comes out that is basically a hero with the slow spell is nice

also how the enemies now either are regenerating or spawning in groups is good

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I just got to the anti-idle mechanic, so good

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Third World Reagan posted:

so the boss that comes out that is basically a hero with the slow spell is nice

also how the enemies now either are regenerating or spawning in groups is good

Red skelton is very souls-like.

Where is my bone smashing hammer? I say to myself.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Literally lol'd when I realised I was the one shooting them carts.

Going to try a garlic + evolved runetracer run.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
New Secret- on new map go down like way way way down, waaaaayyy past the new unlock, the environment will get darker and darker, until eventually a bloodborne/silent hill boss shows up, kill it

unlocks a new character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Mazerunner posted:

New Secret- on new map go down like way way way down, waaaaayyy past the new unlock, the environment will get darker and darker, until eventually a bloodborne/silent hill boss shows up, kill it

unlocks a new character

Took me 27 mins to make it down there, wow