Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Zogo posted:

I'm specifically wondering if Giannis would have another gigantic series and be unstoppable again. He's only 27 and coming into his true prime the next few years. I'm skeptical anyone can stop him if he reverts back to his playoff mode from last year.

Also, G2 last year in the finals the Suns shot 20/40 from 3P range. I don't think that's likely to happen again.

The Heat and Bucks are the two best 3P teams this year. Suns are #6.

LBJ probably shouldn't bother going into playoff mode for the sake of a play-in spot. He should just finish this season out in cruise control mode.

It'd be a shock if LBJ left the Lakers.

Suns will likely demolish the west and run into the same roadblock as last year which is Giannis. Giannis with his newfound jumper efficiency and his pretty decent 3 point shooting makes him pretty much unstoppable. Suns don't have enough bodies on their roster to throw at him and Jrue and Middleton can keep up with CP3 booker enough for Giannis to make the ultimate difference...

If he turns into Shaquille O'Antetokounmpo like he did last year idk how any team beats a full-strength bucks squad tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

meefistopheles posted:

I think in a lebron-less world cp3 might have a claim to be the best post-Jordan player, or at least in the ballpark. That being said, the all-time great at getting teammates undeserved accolades has got to be Bill Russell. The 1962 Celtics had almost their entire rotation get into the hall of fame.

Cp3 not even top 5 in that discussion lo

E: hell hes not even top 10 lmao

Metapod fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 31, 2022

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Metapod posted:

E: hell hes not even top 10 lmao

Why is CP3 the only ex Thunder guy you hate

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
You don’t have to hate cp3 to hold that opinion

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Metapod posted:

Lmfao at giving cp3 credit for the succes of Blake Griffin, James Harden, and that okc season

CP3 absolutely deserves credit for getting that OKC team that looked like a .500ish team to a 50-win pace and a fiesty first round loss, but that doesn't make him better than Shaq, Duncan, KG, Kawhi or Giannis

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Time posted:

You don’t have to hate cp3 to hold that opinion

Oh absolutely but metapod will lay his body over a mud puddle so Perry Jones don’t get his shoes wet but never has a good word to say for ol’ dick puncher

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

CP3 absolutely deserves credit for getting that OKC team that looked like a .500ish team to a 50-win pace and a fiesty first round loss, but that doesn't make him better than Shaq, Duncan, KG, Kawhi or Giannis

I'd argue with Kawhi, but generally agree.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kibner posted:

I'd argue with Kawhi, but generally agree.

I don't disagree with any of those either but they all put up gaudier numbers than CP3 does which was part of the point I was trying to make. It's a weirdly unique situation is the point I'm making. Nash is probably the closest comp I can think of.

But whatever I'll take the apparent L and shut the gently caress up about it

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't disagree with any of those either but they all put up gaudier numbers than CP3 does which was part of the point I was trying to make. It's a weirdly unique situation is the point I'm making. Nash is probably the closest comp I can think of.

But whatever I'll take the apparent L and shut the gently caress up about it

I think CP3 is a very good basketball player. One of the greats

meefistopheles
Nov 11, 2013

Metapod posted:

Yeah fair, should have specified guard.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

Why is CP3 the only ex Thunder guy you hate

Because hes the catalyst of 2 of the most awful to watch teams of the last decade

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

I think CP3 is a very good basketball player. One of the greats

My point was he's great in a unique way that's extremely difficult to fully quantify and I find it sorta interesting but agreed

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

KD is the best and most pleasing to watch

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Steph Curry turned Andrew Wiggins into an allstar starter which is more than cp3 has ever done imo

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My point was he's great in a unique way that's extremely difficult to fully quantify and I find it sorta interesting but agreed

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

Steph Curry turned Andrew Wiggins into an allstar starter which is more than cp3 has ever done imo

Now THIS is a point, right here. How the gently caress.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

no, that was a Kpop guy

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That wasn't Steph it was K-Pop stans

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

They hate this message because it's the truth

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://theathletic.com/3221276/202..._shared_article

quote:

[...]

But in the end, none of it mattered. This return wasn’t about the Portland organization or the players on its roster. It was about the city and the fans who embraced McCollum for nearly a decade. And one thing was evident by the end of the night: Portland loves CJ.

Fans gave McCollum a standing ovation that lasted nearly two minutes after starting lineups were announced. They screamed his name and cheered every time he touched the ball. They booed the refs when they called a foul against him in the second quarter.

[...]

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Point God

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Copy paste the CP3 rant but with Thad Young.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1509533771149754372?s=20&t=Gn1uA2KUWgjLuWEbhAbtbQ

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I wish there was a player who reacted to all of his own attempts as if they rimmed out, whether they did it not.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/KellanOlson/status/1509405462814334977?s=20&t=uvV7I30N33K9cB8EXZQFvg

:)

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

That initial "Hey Ish!" was adorable

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Glad they won last night, that game was ugly as gently caress. Would be sick to clinch the best record in team history against the next best team in the league on Friday

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Metapod posted:

Because hes the catalyst of 2 of the most awful to watch teams of the last decade

harden/cp3 rockets (i think they were worse to watch with dwight personally) and...?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Still incredibly mad Sixers traded Bridges for a guy who can't eat a peanut

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
People in this thread pooping on CP3 are insane. He is the 2nd greatest PG of all time after Magic. Unless you count LeBron.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

harden/cp3 rockets (i think they were worse to watch with dwight personally) and...?

Clippers which was a team that created a highlight then used the rest of the game to yell at the ref

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

Clippers which was a team that created a highlight then used the rest of the game to yell at the ref

Oh like Philly and Milwaukee right now? And Golden State? Tons of teams are constantly working refs.

Chris in LA was on a different level of bitchiness but it's gone down a LOT.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Deron Williams is better than CP3

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the greatest PG in NBA history is a Theoretically Fully Back Derrick Rose

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Deron Williams is better than CP3

H2H rules all. We need a elite PG championship belt

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Spacebump posted:

People in this thread pooping on CP3 are insane. He is the 2nd greatest PG of all time after Magic. Unless you count LeBron.

If that true, point guards are pretty worthless when it comes to winning. You generally can’t even crack the top 5 at any other position without a title and MVP or defensive player of the year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh like Philly and Milwaukee right now? And Golden State? Tons of teams are constantly working refs.

Chris in LA was on a different level of bitchiness but it's gone down a LOT.

Ah yes I'm a known lover of golden state and Philadelphia that's true

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I have created a computer model for top NBA point guards that measures:

1. If Rose never got hurt
2. If Rose got hurt but then was Fully Back
3. If Rose was given robotic Cyber-Legs that would allow him to dunk even higher and theoretically play defense
4. If Rose was fully robotic and had a grappling hook that was legal for all referees except Jeff Foster
5. If Rose was allowed to ride a dinosaur onto the court
6. If Kirk Hinrich had every bone in his body replaced with a robotic endoskeleton and also we invented an illegal performance enhancing compression sleeve that would eventually be banned after it made him so athletic that he accidentally decapitated baron davis on a hard foul to prevent a layup.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 31, 2022

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Spacebump posted:

Hell, I'm not even pooping on him. I legit was just curious to see the debate play out. No doubt the guy is a beast, but hell if I'll even pretend to have a storied history of PGs in basketball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

CP3 is a first ballot dick puncher