Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
i saw a new post and thought it was barkley 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Elden ring is barkley 2

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

This thread is Barkley 3

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Guy A. Person posted:

This thread is Barkley 3

I'd hate to see the metacritic score...

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'd hate to see the metacritic score...

84, needed more QA. As a result of which, of course, the team did not receive their final milestone payment.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
now that elden ring is coming out, i'm even more certain b2 will come out in 11/11/2023. the promise has been made

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
not for trend

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

True Doom Murderhead is an amazing turn of phrase.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
You can thank the Japanese doom metal band Church of Misery for that entire phrase. If you like fuzzy Sabbath worship with lyrics about serial killers, they're right up your alley.

https://youtu.be/HYHb42yTIqo

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

happy 2 year anniversary of the B-Ballnacht

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1237914587086966791

Not Important posted:

You can thank the Japanese doom metal band Church of Misery for that entire phrase. If you like fuzzy Sabbath worship with lyrics about serial killers, they're right up your alley.

https://youtu.be/HYHb42yTIqo

thanks, I knew I had seen that phrase elsewhere but couldn't remember the origin.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

bakly 2 is not coming out

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Future Days posted:

Reported

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the demo is out

e: for backers

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sometimes I like to think to myself that if this game had come out jn full, Wilford Brimley would have done the meme dance and sang "oppa diabetes style". The things we've lost...

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Is there any word on whats going on with this game?
It's dead obviously but is what's his face still getting random coders to tinker with the ruins?

It's pretty funny reading the "were not dead!" update from 3 years back. I remember a lot of game journos swallowing that without looking into anything

E oh there's an itchio post by the random coder saying it's double dead, it just hasn't been responded to at all on the kickstarter lol

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Apr 2, 2022

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

the word is that The Promise Has Been Made

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Future Days posted:

Turns out the real Barkley 2 was all the friends we made along the way!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

RVWinkle posted:

Turns out the real Barkley 2 was all the promises we made along the way!

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

RVWinkle posted:

Turns out the real Barkley 2 was all the friends we made along the way!

This was an aprils fools jape. Sorry for totally pwning you. The promise has been made 11/11/2023

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Goddamnit when will the DEMO be OUT for non-backers

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It is really funny that of all the games to be killed by feature creep it was a sequel to Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Now that Elden Ring is out, I'm only looking forward to this game. 2023 is gonna be lit! The. promise. Has. Been. Made!!

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Games dead jom

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 4, 2022

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Groovelord Neato posted:

It is really funny that of all the games to be killed by feature creep it was a sequel to Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden.

I kinda had this thought when it was first announced, it had very powerful pie in the sky ambition for a game meant to follow up one that was built on stolen assets in RPGMaker

The signs were there, but the promise was made, so :shrug:

Edit: really what ought to be done is they just need to go ahead and make Barkley 3 and make it a lovely RPGMaker game but the entire story is treated as though Barkley 2 came out, existed, and Is Canon, and build a straightforward funny RPG like the first game was without all the feature creep

Heath fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 4, 2022

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Elden ring total conversion when?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It was Game Maker, not RPG Maker. RPG Maker probably couldn't have handled the weirdly well done and complex action commands.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

It was both akshually.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Something has to be done with all that gun art

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Barkley 2 was a grift to generate art for an NFT project all along.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Fayez Butts posted:

Something has to be done with all that gun art

Hops Barkley 2.5: the gun farming sim spinoff

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
The promise has been minted.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I hope in like 2029 someone takes another crack at it and just makes a game with joke's

I played the demo and past the intro there were no joke's which seems like an issue

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
My lessons learned is to never trust goon hype.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I dunno, Doobie had some setbacks but I think we can still change the economy of that small town with a hot dog restaurant

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The demo was so grim..you could tell the people making it were completely miserable duergars

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Frankie's still working hard on his own project.

https://twitter.com/FrancisCoulombe/status/1510766803399626759

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Legitimately the only reason why I haven't unbookmarked this thread yet is to learn more about Frankie's project whenever it comes up so keep 'em comin' it looks great

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Let's just say the preview on twitter is a very small portion of the full boss.

This game is going to be amazing.

Especially select backgrounds and tilework.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

for me, the reason I haven't unbookmarked this thread, is so that I can catch all the latest updates and reveals before the game launches on 11/11/2023