Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I beginning to think Goops!Tessa is more Tess than she was even prior to Team Alchemical getting chumped.

Also, given the code on this page "ENOUGH" "GO AWAY" I'm beginning to wonder just how in danger Anemone actually is.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Permalink to the new page.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bold move to rip off Star Wars Episode 2.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Ah, so Goops just wanted control of the alt text all along

ConanThe3rd posted:

I beginning to think Goops!Tessa is more Tess than she was even prior to Team Alchemical getting chumped.

Also, given the code on this page "ENOUGH" "GO AWAY" I'm beginning to wonder just how in danger Anemone actually is.

Wait, there are codes?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Wait, there are codes?

Yep - fairly frequently we see coded messages in the barrier. I don't think any of the characters have been shown to notice or read them, but you can once you figure out the ciper.

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-5-page-13 has a nice obvious example.

Tau Wedel
Aug 3, 2007

I'm fine. Everything's fine. There is no reason to worry.
New page

Tessa is enjoying herself for once. That's... good?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Goops definitely has an affinity for teeth, right? It's not just the alt text. Big mouth thing that almost ate Kokoro also had way too many teeth.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

All the teeth that keep falling out of people during nightmares have to go somewhere.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tessa hesitated because Tessa generally objects to the idea of shooting defenseless people in the face, then Goops was like YEAH SHOOT HER, that's what the teeth indicate.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

Yep - fairly frequently we see coded messages in the barrier. I don't think any of the characters have been shown to notice or read them, but you can once you figure out the ciper.

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-5-page-13 has a nice obvious example.

I believe the dude with the rat has, iirc his journal had the first clues as to what the code was

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I feel like this is setting up for a big swerve and Anemone isn't the target at all, it's gonna be to make someone like the Woman in White or the mystery rat pop up and save her.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not sure what happens to this anime if we lose our exposition character/framing device. I think the next panel is featureless black and then the website goes down.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Ragnar34 posted:

I'm not sure what happens to this anime if we lose our exposition character/framing device. I think the next panel is featureless black and then the website goes down.

Gootessa takes over for her.

Interstitials become somewhat less informative.

TwoPair posted:

Wait, there are codes?

Here's the list of times the code has shown up, as well as translations. (Separated into two different sections, in case you want to try solving it yourself I guess.) Notably, when Tessa went outside to meet Goops the code was "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO" etc.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I wonder if this whole escapade isn't to kill Anemone but just to wake her up (by force). These are very localized attacks; even if she just wanted a lower profile to avoid bringing in near by magical girls before she can do the deed she could probably haev at least destroyed the whole window and had the little scorpion finish things up since anemone seems totally defenseless. No real need to deal with a precise snipe if you just want to kill, is I guess what I'm getting at

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

rannum posted:

I wonder if this whole escapade isn't to kill Anemone but just to wake her up (by force). These are very localized attacks; even if she just wanted a lower profile to avoid bringing in near by magical girls before she can do the deed she could probably haev at least destroyed the whole window and had the little scorpion finish things up since anemone seems totally defenseless. No real need to deal with a precise snipe if you just want to kill, is I guess what I'm getting at

Goops actually mentions at one point that her goal is to wake Anemone up. I don't remember when or where, though.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

Goops actually mentions at one point that her goal is to wake Anemone up. I don't remember when or where, though.

The only direct mention of Anemone by goops that I can remember is the aside of "you'll end up as broken as Anemone" when merging with Tessa before using the dream as a focus point.

The same sequence does have this "We'll wake her up [after we're free]" https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-18-page-33
But I don't think that refers to Anemone, I think that refers to the Girl in White

Well, Anemone's clearly a little special so it's possible one leads to the other regardless. Can't deny that!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't think anenome is fine y'all

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Permalink.

:ohdear:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well poo poo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can't believe she's loving DEAD

or just awake. I'm sure this is fine. It's all fine

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I can't believe the sleepless domain is loving dead.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Nice of her to let the girls go home early :)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Where the story goes from here really depends on if the monsters disappeared with the barrier or not, doesn't it?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

Where the story goes from here really depends on if the monsters disappeared with the barrier or not, doesn't it?

That's gonna be a big part of it, yeah. One way or another we're getting some answers out of this. And if the barrier was sustaining the monsters, what happens when it doesn't that makes that a good idea?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

still guessing she's not dead just grievously injured but :ohdear:

maybe gabby, chekov's quasi-important healer, can save her

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

girl dick energy posted:

Wild guess theory:
Goops tried merging with Anemone and that drove her crazy, according to Goops. Maybe Anemone found a way to control the monster part of herself by expelling it at night through the barrier?

Maybe Goops is still merged with Anemone and split itself to also merge with Tessa.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXLicO0CRvk

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I for one am shocked at how utterly efficient Gooptessa is coming right out of the gate.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
That's because she's the leader.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
well I'm sure these actions will have no negative repercussions

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Is the outer barrier still up? I wonder if anemone kept up the inner barrier to patch up the weakness in golden girls outer barrier.

Getting the feeling that goopa, amenone, and golden girl were originally a team.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Well that definitely IMPLIES some stone cold murder just happened :shepface:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Going back a few pages, looks like it's about quarter to two, so if all hell breaks loose it's about fifteen minutes until the usual ending time.

Although I'm still not 100% clear on the mechanics of that and what happens at two. It might've been better to clarify that in comic before this event.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I thought it was that the outer barrier going back up flat out kills the monsters

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The 2am announcement asks them to make sure the streets are clear of monsters, but I guess that might just be a 'make sure everything's back to normal and nothing wierd is happening'

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Could see it be something like smaller monsters dissipate near instantly, but the bigger monsters might stick around for that brief period between the barrier change over. Maybe not long enough to do major damage but enough to probably mess something up if you're careless.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Everything is going great.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Hurray! God's Angry! Oh no, God's Angry...

Yeah, ether Goops has thought this out entirely or, more likely, she's not thought any of this out at all.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Next page just has Anenome in loving Broly hulked out mode.