Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Thwomp posted:

What’s the consensus on the Kirkland protein bars? I remember there were some flavors to avoid but couldn’t remember the specifics.

My wife likes them and buys them all the time. She insists the trick is to microwave them for 15 seconds, chocolate chip cookie dough and peanut butter are the best. The brownie is VERY chocolatey to the point that it's almost a bit too much for her which is saying a loving lot.

edit: gently caress, I asked her and now I'm getting a whole thing. Apparently peanut butter is controversial with some people liking it and some people thinking it sucks. YMMV I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Big fan of the Kirkland Nut Bars.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

poo poo macros in comparison for those

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Costco didn't have any of the bottled green tea when I went on Friday, god damnit

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Gatts posted:

Lobster, shrimp, crawfish, etc. are just water insects people like to boil steam and eat for offensive amounts of money. In like the early 1900s lobsters were fed to prisoners as punishment because they were called cockroaches of the sea.

That whole thing about serving lobster to prisoners makes a lot more sense when you realize they just crushed the things shell and all into a sharp paste, and the lobsters were by no means fresh. It would often literally poison you.

Dr. Jim Sadler
Jan 6, 2006

No, the fact that -you- don't wanna wear a thong is because you're still afraid of 9/11!

Cyrano4747 posted:

My wife likes them and buys them all the time. She insists the trick is to microwave them for 15 seconds, chocolate chip cookie dough and peanut butter are the best. The brownie is VERY chocolatey to the point that it's almost a bit too much for her which is saying a loving lot.

edit: gently caress, I asked her and now I'm getting a whole thing. Apparently peanut butter is controversial with some people liking it and some people thinking it sucks. YMMV I guess.

Yeah, PB are nasty to me, so my go to is the cookie dough/chocolate brownie pack.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Went to church this morning. Got the staples, as well as this Irish stew thing. We'll see how it goes.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Thwomp posted:

What’s the consensus on the Kirkland protein bars? I remember there were some flavors to avoid but couldn’t remember the specifics.

Get the Robert Irvine Fit Crunch bars. The macros are great and it tastes like a candy bar. I honestly have no idea how the macros are that good. It's the best tasting protein bar I've had by far.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Had a wonderful visit to Costco this morning. They had puffy dog vests for 14.97 and I dug through all the cases to find a couple smalls at the very bottom :dance:

They also had a plushy booze bottle dog toy set for 3.97!!!!

[I'm getting my first dog ever in 6 days]

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Spinz posted:

They also had a plushy booze bottle dog toy set for 3.97!!!!

[I'm getting my first dog ever in 6 days]

my parents just got a pup and its in love with the wine bottle plushie

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Get the Robert Irvine Fit Crunch bars. The macros are great and it tastes like a candy bar. I honestly have no idea how the macros are that good. It's the best tasting protein bar I've had by far.

This is the correct take. I think I ate the 18 pack in a week

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Thwomp posted:

Cyrano4747 posted:

I have found that every pack has one I like and one that is meh to bad. Peanut butter is my favorite.

Also microwaving them for a few seconds is a pro tip.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Gatts posted:

Lobster, shrimp, crawfish, etc. are just water insects people like to boil steam and eat for offensive amounts of money. In like the early 1900s lobsters were fed to prisoners as punishment because they were called cockroaches of the sea.

You missed the Calvin and Hobbes reference, everyone should make fun of you for it.

Went to church yesterday with the whole family and had a wonderful evening "camping" in the backyard with my 4 year old.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The wet dog food is back at my local Costco! I’ve been literally paying 2x the price for inferior food the last year now.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

It comes and goes at my local ones. Been stocking up since the dogs like it and everything else is over priced crap in comparison.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

do I have to get my dog wet before I feed it to him or can I give it to a dry dog

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

PokeJoe posted:

do I have to get my dog wet before I feed it to him or can I give it to a dry dog
you must at least moisten the dog

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Just want to throw out there that the baby back ribs that Costco sells have an absurd amount of meat on them compared to ribs from the grocery store. You will need to cook them 1 to 2 hours longer than you would cook a normal rack of ribs.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Just want to throw out there that the baby back ribs that Costco sells have an absurd amount of meat on them compared to ribs from the grocery store. You will need to cook them 1 to 2 hours longer than you would cook a normal rack of ribs.

You talking about the pre-rubbed ribs or the cryopacks that you assume have two racks but usually have three so you end up with way more ribs than you thought and have to get creative about loading your smoker?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Ultimate Mango posted:

You talking about the pre-rubbed ribs or the cryopacks that you assume have two racks but usually have three so you end up with way more ribs than you thought and have to get creative about loading your smoker?

Cryopacks

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I bought a bunch of stuff at costco today

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

numberoneposter posted:

you must at least moisten the dog

I prefer mustard for this

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Nooner posted:

I bought a bunch of stuff at costco today

What did you buy

I ate an entire Costco frozen pizza yesterday for dinner and it owned

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
Costco isn't what it used to be

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
[Wearing a beret and a monocle and smoking a clove]

*sips mocha latte freeze*

Hey man this place is tapped. It used to be groovy

*Adjusts Costco employee shirt from 1987*

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!

I eat one of these every weekday for breakfast. As everyone mentions, they're delicious and not too unhealthy for a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar.

My Costco Business Center sells the Mint Chocolate Chip version. And my regular Costco sells the regular? flavor.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

will have to check out these "crunch bars"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Knot My President! posted:

What did you buy

I ate an entire Costco frozen pizza yesterday for dinner and it owned

A couple hoses, a kitchen mat, new nonstick skillets, some chicken, paper plates, toilet paper, and i think some more stuff that i dont remember

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
The Fit Crunch bars don't have the best macros for a protein bar, but more than make up for it by tasting like an actual candy bar.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Costco has finally answered my prayers: they brought back the two-pack of 16 oz. Grey Poupon jars. I go through more Dijon mustard than any other condiment at my house and it had been discontinued (at least at my local church) for years. But, it's back! PBUC.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

numberoneposter posted:

will have to check out these "crunch bars"

You can look like this and get a hot girl.

Meaty Ore posted:

Costco has finally answered my prayers: they brought back the two-pack of 16 oz. Grey Poupon jars. I go through more Dijon mustard than any other condiment at my house and it had been discontinued (at least at my local church) for years. But, it's back! PBUC.

I get Koop's mustard for my variety of mustard needs. I get it at the regular grocery store. I'm not sure if you'd have it by you but it's made right here in my city in WI! It's really good for being so cheap and there are a ton of different types. I currently have a dijon, Arizona heat (it sucks though), and Dusseldorf which is my go to.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 4, 2022

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Meaty Ore posted:

Yeah I was stoked to find this last time. Instant buy.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Oolb posted:

hosed up if true

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Oolb posted:

Costco hasn't failed us, we have failed Costco

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

jisforjosh posted:

Costco hasn't failed us, we have failed Costco

Its not Costco who has changed but rather us

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Jamon is on sale.

https://www.costco.com/.product.100592455.html?&EMID=B2C_2022_0404_HomeHotBuys

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

You can look like this and get a hot girl.

Kirkland brand Putin.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Its not Costco who has changed but rather us

But Costco refused to change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Costco rules and as long as I can continue to buy an entire rotisserie chicken for 5 bucks and house it in the parking lot they will continue to rule.