Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bob dobbs is dead posted:

ike how all my gochujang packages have "fridge after opening" on them even tho the entire point of the practice of doing gochujang is to make the stuff last for an entire year at room temp

yeah this was four plus. oops

'cant be that bad, can it?' lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I discovered that putting yucateco xxxtra picante salsa into mac and cheese is absolutely nutty

Everything yucateco is so great. Another great mac and cheese hack is to use some gojuchang and kimchi.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

aardvark sauce is shelf stable at room temp tho? it's a salty vinegar / tomato / pepper sauce, that will last for months at room temp. even if it ferments it'll lacto-ferment so it'll just taste different, not be dangerous

it says to fridge on the bottle because packaging instructions have to be paranoid by law. like how all my gochujang packages have "fridge after opening" on them even tho the entire point of the practice of doing gochujang is to make the stuff last for an entire year at room temp

im not gonna "well actually" printed food safety instructions for the sake of saving $4 though

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

no actually my theory is that the bacteria have tiny little mouths and teeth and the peanut butter is too sticky and it gums them up unless you give them a tiny glass of water to wash it down.

incorrect again, professor. the tiny little mouths are for suckin and fuckin in the water and the lack of water lubrication makes the bacteria all incels. even tho in this analogy the bacteria can reproduce by masturbation. it's hard going doing that without lube, neither

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

that's not your theory that's a precise quantifiable and quantified thing known for centuries

water activity of peanut butter is 0.35. you need 0.95 to get bacterial growth, 0.8 for mold

honey is also immune to bacteria or something, isn't it?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i keep cow butter out on the counter

this really depends on other factors. if you leave a 1/4 lb stick of butter in a covered dish on the counter and you live in a temperate climate and you have four people in the house who will eat it up, no problem.

if you put a pound of butter in a dish on the counter and you live in florida and you're single you will end up with rancid butter.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

incorrect again, professor. the tiny little mouths are for suckin and fuckin in the water and the lack of water lubrication makes the bacteria all incels. even tho in this analogy the bacteria can reproduce by masturbation. it's hard going doing that without lube, neither

you ruined it by trying too hard.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

prefect posted:

yes, so are jams. you can also salt, cure, or pickle many foods to preserve them

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i leave my butter on the counter too

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

prefect posted:

it's also sticky and hard for the bacteria to fit in their tiny mouths, yes

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

yes, so are jams. you can also salt, cure, or pickle many foods to preserve them

salting food protects it from bacteria because the bacteria eat the salt first because everyone loves salty things.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I leave my nuts on the counter.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Share Bear posted:

you grind it finely, the peanuts produce an oil that binds with the solid nut parts, the finer you grind it the smoother the butter

sex jokes sex jokes sex jokes

edit: next time you grocery shop get the natural peanut butter that only has peanuts (maybe little salt) and youll see this separation of oil from solids that need to be recombined from the emulsion (by stirring)

the natural peanut butter is very good too, great for cooking

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I'm a nut and seed oil kind of guy.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cjs: absolutely zero motivation this week

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

one of the grocery stores I go to has a nut grinder so you can grind your nuts right there at the store

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
not a big kink shamer myself but i'm not a fan of doing that stuff where there might be children around imo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

PokeJoe posted:

i leave my butter on the counter too

yeah same

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I leave my nuts on the counter.

that doesnt sound sanitary!

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Stopped making my own butter recently and this convo reminded me that I still had my last batch sitting in the container on the counter :|

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

cjs: absolutely zero motivation this week

rotor posted:

yeah same

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

yessir

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

mmm hmm

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I'm a bit motivated because I'm teaching a teammate how to do all of our CI/CD stuff and I think it's cool.

They're slow on the uptake and are that style of person that asks what every single detail should be so that you're actually doing all the work for them but I'm not falling for it so far and just giving them templates with comments to direct them where to go, hopefully they actually learn stuff!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i picked up some angry lady sauce tk try to do a stir fry tonight even tho my lovely english stove can’t really get hot enough for it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ears dripping with angry lady sauce

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

modern ci/cd pipelines are so fuckin complex now. I used to like doing build stuff but not any more.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Huh, at the office there is a team dinner after work. Free Korean BBQ!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

rotor posted:

modern ci/cd pipelines are so fuckin complex now. I used to like doing build stuff but not any more.

:same:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rotor posted:

they basically took lovely build systems like ant and msbuild and then decided "you know what would make these better? yaml". its poo poo. nobody learned from the superiority of maven.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i truly do not understand who it is out there that has this huge hard-on for yaml

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Modern CI/CD pipelines should be nothing more than a bit of environment variable parsing and:

docker-compose build
docker-compose up

All the heavy lifting should be done in a proper language.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Shaggar posted:

they basically took lovely build systems like ant and msbuild and then decided "you know what would make these better? yaml". its poo poo. nobody learned from the superiority of maven.

maven is actually one of the problems but yaml sure isn't helping

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
gently caress lazy devs who have never heard of the concept of a machine with more than one IP address!

sure, grab any ole ip address to use in your from field there guy…. no prob. im sure that server youre talkin to at 192.168.x.x/16 is gonna be able to get back atcha when you tell it youre at 1.x.x.x instead of the perfectly good 192.168.x.x you got right there.

cant be bothered to even make a config option for it.

assholes!!

i had to add static routes on the goddamn server cluster so it could reply to this dumb bullshit client. static host routes

disgusting!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
maven rules and is the best build system. if you cant do it out of the box with maven or a common plugin you probably shouldnt be doing it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

i made bbq sauce a few times and came to the conclusion that it's better to buy it

yeah. what i make tastes better than bought but the delta isn't worth the effort or time

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Shaggar posted:

maven rules and is the best build system. if you cant do it out of the box with maven or a common plugin you probably shouldnt be doing it

hahahaha, classic shagger

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ant is probably the worst build system ive ever had to use. ive never had to use any like c build systems or w/e, tho

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i loved watching dumb old boomers waste hours curating terrible ant scripts that instantly broke the second they change any aspect of the environment.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i think Gradle is ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Maven is fine. Ant is bad. Shaggar was right