Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I spent the last two days flirting with a guy I like online and man I am extremely gay as gently caress.

How do people do online relationships? I just wanna kiss him so bad but he is like 5 states away.

America, make a functioning railroad system so I can kiss my sexy potential boyfriend already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

This was from Friday, but I solved a legit-scrambled Rubik's cube in under a minute for the first time. I finally learned how to solve them a couple of weeks ago so that feels like a real achievement to me.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I got a cheque from the provincial government. Apparently the traffic ticket that I paid at basically the last minute back in January got quashed and they sent me the money back? That's a fuckin thing that happens ever?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’m on vacation for 8 days and I’ve spent the first day playing Elden ring and reading vampire hunter d books

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

Phy posted:

I got a cheque from the provincial government. Apparently the traffic ticket that I paid at basically the last minute back in January got quashed and they sent me the money back? That's a fuckin thing that happens ever?

Along those lines, I paid extra to get expediated processing for my new passport, but the feds sent my new passport and sent me my extra fee back. Apparently, the backlog was short enough that the application was processed within the expediated time frame under existing conditions.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I saw a hawk!!
It landed in a tree like RIGHT next to me!!
Whoa!!

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I got offered a teaching contract. Now my university just needs to solve the faculty strike so I can get my license on time.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I got engaged last night. :3:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Aw congratulations!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

:toot:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Had a really good date with a person who seems great and we're going to do it again soon :3:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Congratulations!! 🥂

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

feedmyleg posted:

Had a really good date with a person who seems great and we're going to do it again soon :3:

:kimchi:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Thanks everyone. I'm so happy! ☺️

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Got asked if I was interested in moving up to the next level of supervisor at my job. Will have to cut short my travel plans next week to do the training classes, but that's aight.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Fartington Butts posted:

Got asked if I was interested in moving up to the next level of supervisor at my job. Will have to cut short my travel plans next week to do the training classes, but that's aight.

Congratulations on becoming an enemy of the people. First against the wall bossman.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i planted four fruit trees in my neighborhood, guerilla style, on a disused raised bed of grass. mini orchard

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

gently caress You Cancer!

My mum just got her PET scans back, and it turns out the month and a half of Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy had done it's job perfectly.

Or to quote the medical report "No evidence of nodal or metastatic disease."

Everybody out there, give some money to your local oncology department so that more people can be like my mum: alive and cancer free.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That's excellent news. :toot:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I've posted elsewhere, I'm fairly certain, about my cochlear implant. The current model processor I have is being End of Life'd later this year. The Nucleus model processor in my head is 25+ years old at this point; eventually, I will have to have another surgery to replace it with a newer model because the new stuff's programming just will not be able to talk to the old hardware anymore. It's not a deliberate obsoletion, it's just how programming has changed over time.

Whenever that will be, it will not be this time. I received a notice in the mail from the Cochlear company about the two newest processors they have- one of which is compatible with my implant. I had resigned myself a long time ago to the fact that my next upgrade would need a head surgery; now, it doesn't. At least for a little longer.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I've posted elsewhere, I'm fairly certain, about my cochlear implant. The current model processor I have is being End of Life'd later this year. The Nucleus model processor in my head is 25+ years old at this point; eventually, I will have to have another surgery to replace it with a newer model because the new stuff's programming just will not be able to talk to the old hardware anymore. It's not a deliberate obsoletion, it's just how programming has changed over time.

Whenever that will be, it will not be this time. I received a notice in the mail from the Cochlear company about the two newest processors they have- one of which is compatible with my implant. I had resigned myself a long time ago to the fact that my next upgrade would need a head surgery; now, it doesn't. At least for a little longer.

Do you have any idea who much the head surgery gear would upgrade sound quality / qol over just new attachments?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Probably not enough to warrant going back under the knife when I can just get another processor that is still compatible, if any at all. The one in my head works perfectly fine, and has for almost three decades now- no reason to go cutting me open and replacing it just because it's not the new hotness anymore. All it does is transmit the signal from the processor to right part of the brain, anyway, all the sound quality and such are in the processor itself.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I went to an audiologist about my hearing loss and the cost of hearing aids was overwhelming to me. Even the middle of the range ones were over $5k, and none of it covered by insurance.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

I went to an audiologist about my hearing loss and the cost of hearing aids was overwhelming to me. Even the middle of the range ones were over $5k, and none of it covered by insurance.

That seems excessive. Are you sure you heard them correctly?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

oldpainless posted:

:catstare:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Lol god drat

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm sorry, Dick Trauma, but :lol:
My insurance will cover the upgrade, at least. They've always been pretty good about it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Well I can't post about this anywhere on big media till next Monday so why not here?

My DJ friends just got their own TV show. I was picked for lead visual artist and also as one of the reviewers for upcoming music. My husband became organizer of the show and manager to some DJs. My entire household has a part to play in this, one way or another.

We start filming on the 1st at our favorite bar; the EDM night that we put together six months ago saved it. It was about two months away from getting sold and now they're making more than enough to stay afloat.

If y'all are in the Seattle area it'll be airing in June on Kong and Komo.

I'm loving terrified to be on camera, and absolutely delighted. If the network likes it we get 56+ episodes. I just got the email stating that they want us all to become some sort of TV personalities. We're just a bunch of kids in the woods that like making/dancing to computer noises.

I don't even know what to do with myself. We might end up being able to do what we love and not worry so much about money. How absolutely insane is that?

Scathach has a new favorite as of 03:18 on Mar 24, 2022

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
gently caress yeah that's amazing. Congrats!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Started on new medication. Don't know if it's doing anything huge for me just yet, I have more energy but I also still hit severe dips occasionally through the day. Maybe it will even out as the weeks go on. I hope so.

The big good news though is that we have applied for refinancing a bit ago and locked in right before they raised the rates, and since we are going with the same fella who has done our previous two refis, he said he will just pull most of the relevant docs from previous refinances and all we need to do basically is sign a few things. Way less work than another lender would have had us do, and no appraisal necessary or anything.

With the money we are pulling out, the plan is to put in a significant fence in the back yard for the dogs to have a nice big area to run and play in, get siding and insulation installed on part of the house, get loam and grass seed put down on the newly-landscaped property, and have a bit left over for anything we might need. It's been a big source of stress for a while so to get all that stuff done and refinancing done will be wonderful, something good happening for a change.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My friend does a movie podcast (https://valleywestcinemaspodcast.podbean.com/) and the episodes where I guest with him are getting great reviews. I didn't want to guest speak at all, but it's growing on me.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Oooh that's neat as hell! Podcasts sound very fun but difficult to do.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Scathach posted:

Oooh that's neat as hell! Podcasts sound very fun but difficult to do.

It seems way too much work, for real. Our recordings are usually about 2 hours (now some of that is us getting drinks or coughing or stumbling over poo poo) but they get cut down to 40-50 minutes. So it is a lot of work.

The Animal Attack one, I stumbled over way too much about Orca, because I had more valid points about the movie, but it all had to be cut because of me stammering or speaking too fast.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I thought I was allergic to egg, but it turns out it's just a really severe heartburn trigger! I can tolerate it while on these stomach drugs!

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Killingyouguy! posted:

I thought I was allergic to egg, but it turns out it's just a really severe heartburn trigger! I can tolerate it while on these stomach drugs!

Eggs are life! Yay!

What meds are you taking? I was prescribed super strong acid reducers to take daily due to severe reflux. It worked, but now I only need them every three or four days. I was thinking about just getting over the counter generic Prilosec to use when needed.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

shootforit posted:

Eggs are life! Yay!

What meds are you taking? I was prescribed super strong acid reducers to take daily due to severe reflux. It worked, but now I only need them every three or four days. I was thinking about just getting over the counter generic Prilosec to use when needed.

Unfortunately I still don't like the flavour of egg but we can work on that one lmao

Pantoprazole? My doctor was just like 'this is the one we give everyone lol' lol

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
My wife's baby cousin is dodging russian conscription to move in with us and it slaps, he's fascinated by the loving Frankfurt airport and has never left central Siberia except for once and he's my low key goon gaming bff dweeb buddy and he's safely on a plane to here now and I want to hug him so bad

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

My wife's baby cousin is dodging russian conscription to move in with us and it slaps, he's fascinated by the loving Frankfurt airport and has never left central Siberia except for once and he's my low key goon gaming bff dweeb buddy and he's safely on a plane to here now and I want to hug him so bad

:3: this rules

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

yesssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I was feeling really sick and got tested for COVID among other things, and I was negative for COVID. As a lifelong asthmatic, it's a loving relief. The flu and strep though, I could do without.