Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Ahh Dragon Age 2. I played that whole thing over a week when my roommates were out of town for the holidays and I had the place to myself. I think that was the last time I enjoyed a Western, open world grindy RPG type thing. Some years later I bought DA:I and it was such a waste of time and money that I still get annoyed thinking about it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MLB the Show, like the real MLB, is a huge deal for people who give a poo poo about baseball, aka people who aren't normal

Gonna play the gently caress outta Chinatown Detective Agency because it turns out if you make a pixel based sci-fi adventure game I'll play it. I have no self control.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I kind of wanted to play the Life Is Strange game but was not prepared to pay more than practically nothing.

Hopefully the Resident Evil updates aren't too far off though because that would actually (hopefully) rule.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Barudak posted:

if you make a pixel based sci-fi adventure game I'll play it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Game Pass Releases Confirmed, here're the dates and such:

COMING

Today: Cricket 22 (Cloud and Console), MLB The Show 22 (Cloud and Console)
April 7: Chinatown Detective Agency (Cloud, Console, and PC), Dragon Age 2 (Cloud), Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (Cloud), Star Wars: Squadrons (Cloud)
April 12: Life Is Strange: True Colors (Cloud, Console, and PC), Panzer Corps 2 (PC), The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk (PC)
April 14: Lost In Random (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING

April 15:
MLB The Show 21 (Cloud and Console)
Rain On Your Parade (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The Long Dark (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Pathway (PC)

April 18:
F1 2019 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Pathway is worth a playthrough if you haven't tried it already, it's an Xcom style turn-based strategy game with essentially Indiana Jones theming

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1511332030897745921

game pass stays winning

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Still insanely good value to be getting PlayStation premiere baseball title The Show included in GamePass on Xbox on launch day.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Kins posted:

COMING

April 7: Chinatown Detective Agency (Cloud, Console, and PC), Dragon Age 2 (Cloud), Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (Cloud), Star Wars: Squadrons (Cloud)
April 12: Life Is Strange: True Colors (Cloud, Console, and PC), Panzer Corps 2 (PC), The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk (PC)

GOING

April 15:
Pathway (PC)

April 18:

Can someone make me a huge table breaking version of the Tom napping gif please. Thanks and God bless.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
None of that really interests me but game pass overall still winning.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I always have career mode running in a sports game (previously, Madden 22: a Jets franchise rebuild, now, FIFA 22: Sunderland promotion chase), so knocking out a couple season of The Show between actual gameplay & aggressive simulation is super enticing to me. Can't wait to check it out.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

John F Bennett posted:

I tried ESO a couple of times with the intention of really going in deep, but I can't seem to get myself immersed in it. I'm a pretty big TES fan, but ESO just won't stick.

On paper, it seems like a perfect game for me, huge open world with lots of discovery and exploration. But no deal.

I can see that. It's a pretty simple game, but it's also the only MMO I've played (aside from Matrix Online when in retrospect I'm not sure could even be called an MMO) so I think event the basic concepts of things are new and exciting to me.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

My Elite V2 randomly registers RB and LB as double presses pretty often. It’s frustrating. I’ve looked into how to fix it and it seems annoyingly involved. Otherwise I really like it.

Same here. I had to switch controllers cause Elden Ring would queue up a follow up swing from the double press. Other than that I liked my elite v2

Got a plain new Xbox controller and it's been great. I do miss two of my paddles. I never used all four on the elite. Imo two extra back buttons should be standard. The Nintendo switch power a controllers have them now on most models.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I like the powerA pro fusion Xbox controller. I don’t mind wired only and the back paddles are great. Much better than pressing the control stick.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Kins posted:

COMING

GOING

April 15:
Pathway (PC)

April 18:

drat, my kids love Rain On Your Parade. I should just buy that and Goose Game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Make sure you get the version of Rain on Your Parade with the DLC. Not because its amazing, but like, its silly to make that choice.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I was kind of skeptical of True Colors because as a primate I am especially evolved to read the emotional states of other humans but after watching some game play it cleared it up a bit.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Looking forward to playing Life is Strange 3 and feeling validated in my decision to wait a few months after any western Square Enix game. Chinatown Detective Agency looks cool too.

I hope they get the sequel to Hypnospace Outlaw too, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the first one and definitely wouldn't have bought it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

COMING

GOING

April 15:
Pathway (PC)

April 18:

Gamepass still winning, but playing like they’re ok with a draw.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MS knew everyone would be playing Elden Ring for the next while so they haven’t been arsed

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I may have missed stick drift chat but my white core controller has it on the right stick. it's not as severe as my switch lite (which, lol, gently caress) but it's annoying when my camera decides to tilt at random. I was more surprised that it happened at all, tbh

so I might get a design lab one. an elite feels too high-falutin' for me

anyway I might play a life is strange game now! Thanks Game Pass

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

so I might get a design lab one. an elite feels too high-falutin' for me

Design lab ones can be so pretty. I've mocked a few up and asked my wife her thoughts. Think I'm gonna use the research to make a gorgeous one for her birthday coming up. Anyone know how long it usually takes for production?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

I said come in! posted:

Got invited to the Forza Motorsport beta testing program. So Turn-10 should be ramping up their marketing and reveal of FM8 pretty soon.

was this the actual beta test invitation or just the invitation to join the list of people waiting to get the beta test invitation? because I got the same thing and I'm pretty sure it was the latter. hoping I get a beta key in my inbox one of these days though :pray:

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

webmeister posted:

Pathway is worth a playthrough if you haven't tried it already, it's an Xcom style turn-based strategy [...]

*slams down phone*

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
anyone get the star wars lego game? Looks good

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

True Colors is a pretty good game, especially if you liked the first one.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

styls trill epic posted:

anyone get the star wars lego game? Looks good

Yes and it is.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I like to talk with friends over Skype while gaming. How is it on series x?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

sponges posted:

Skype or Lego? Lego works great on the X. Hell, I’d say it plays best on the X.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Skeezy posted:

Skype or Lego? Lego works great on the X. Hell, I’d say it plays best on the X.

what

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

sponges posted:

Why Skype?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Laserface posted:

Why Skype?

Cross platform. They’re on ps4/5

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I hosed up and thought you meant the Lego game after I posted about it. Ignore me lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

barnold posted:

was this the actual beta test invitation or just the invitation to join the list of people waiting to get the beta test invitation? because I got the same thing and I'm pretty sure it was the latter. hoping I get a beta key in my inbox one of these days though :pray:

It was actually maybe just the waiting list. Would rather just have the full game out already. Its going to he like 5 years of waiting.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Skeezy posted:

Yes and it is.

I'm going to return COD Vanguard, and get it

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Skeezy posted:

Yes and it is.

what do you think is good about it OP? WOn't be able to get my mitts on it until the weekend likely. if even then depending if game stop has it in stock...

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

sponges posted:

Cross platform. They’re on ps4/5

They made their choice OP.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Saw 5 series x’s while out shopping today. Wish I had seen them before I got my S. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

Saw 5 series x’s while out shopping today. Wish I had seen them before I got my S. :/

Por que no los dos???