Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Ravenfood posted:

Why though? I really dont see how that would improve the game. Would unlocking a t2 infantry unit in the very late game be that crucial? Either you never use them because you've already passed them in power OR they are good enough that they substantially change the fairly unique feel of the factions. I just dont see the aesthetic value of "iconic" units being everywhere. It's not like I ended up using boyz as Skarsnik or saurus as Moses either. Making them completely absent would have been roughly the same for me, though it's a bit of a false comparison because those are intended to be variant factions not totally different ones. I think warriors of chaos are iconic units, sure, but they are iconic for chaos not the daemons . Stripping that out and putting them everywhere both a) reduces the uniqueness of the various daemon factions and strips the Warriors of Chaos from having a purpose either.

Also, you can. You just need a WoC ally, though admittedly those units won't get a barrier. That seems like a decent compromise for emphasizing the split between the Daemon and Warriors factions. I'm looking forward to sprinkling in Daemons units into the WoC armies too, for variety and because it seems like it would field like supplicating, well, demons.

Some people like playing this game to smash cool looking mans together. I also make noises with my mouth while I do this, like "pew" and "bhhhghg"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
It's pretty entertaining how the fandom is split between people insisting CA is going to drop the game so hard everything back to Attila will stop existing and people insisting that Kuresh, Fishmen and 40k Total War are all confirmed.

ZeusJupitar fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 6, 2022

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Dramicus posted:

Some people like playing this game to smash cool looking mans together. I also make noises with my mouth while I do this, like "pew" and "bhhhghg"

Part of the thing that makes the cool looking mans cool is that every faction has a unique identity and approach to things and their armies look and operate completely differently. Giving half the factions in the game access to the same units that work the same way cuts into that.

I definitely want the god factions to end up with more units but I don't like the "just give everyone chaos warriors/chosen/chaos knights" approach, especially because we're absolutely getting a reworked Warriors of Chaos faction that'll be all about the big chunky heavy metal guys.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
I also can't bring myself to play again, I fought one minor settlement battle and ...I have no desire to ever play a map like that ever again. The AI just can't handle it, it's incredibly boring for a number of reasons, and it all feels like busywork. I might have to try modding them out, but even that feels like more effort than it's worth at this point seeing as none of the factions seem that interesting. Cathay should be amazing, they have artillery balloons and magic fengshui compasses and terracotta monsters, but playing with them feels like I'm playing an OVN Lost Factions mod or something. Like it's a knock-off experience. My brain might be broken.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

If you want Chaos Warriors for every faction then don't worry, I'm sure Radious is already compiling a list of other mods to steal from

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Game needs more Darthmod loading screens.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Rabelais D posted:

I also can't bring myself to play again, I fought one minor settlement battle and ...I have no desire to ever play a map like that ever again. The AI just can't handle it, it's incredibly boring for a number of reasons, and it all feels like busywork. I might have to try modding them out, but even that feels like more effort than it's worth at this point seeing as none of the factions seem that interesting. Cathay should be amazing, they have artillery balloons and magic fengshui compasses and terracotta monsters, but playing with them feels like I'm playing an OVN Lost Factions mod or something. Like it's a knock-off experience. My brain might be broken.

I feel the same way. We've all been spoiled by warcrimes Skaven tbh.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Some guy made a mod called Badass Skulls or something and all it does is pin up this artwork he did of faction themed Badass Skulls and he even links his Paypal and I hope dude makes a ton of money off these Badass Skulls because they are Badass.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2789921276&searchtext=skulls

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Twigand Berries posted:

Some guy made a mod called Badass Skulls or something and all it does is pin up this artwork he did of faction themed Badass Skulls and he even links his Paypal and I hope dude makes a ton of money off these Badass Skulls because they are Badass.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2789921276&searchtext=skulls
Speaking of skulls is there an easy way to find the Piles of Skulls Khorne factions can grab on the map? I like the idea of flooding areas with cultists to get more corruption but I'd like them to do other things too.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

Speaking of skulls is there an easy way to find the Piles of Skulls Khorne factions can grab on the map? I like the idea of flooding areas with cultists to get more corruption but I'd like them to do other things too.

Have you seen one yet? I feel like I couldn't find them at first and now I see them all over the place easily.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Wanting a different map projection is pretty high on the list of reasons I'm looking forward to IE. That and just hoping it's an opportunity to get some release hype back since the patch didn't seem to get me there (though I think it, alongside workshop support, did succeed in making the game way more playable).

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Out of curiosity I looked at the player stats for this. Yesterday there were more people playing WH2 than 3 and there weren't that many people playing WH2. They've been about equal for the last week. That seems bad.

WH3 isn't super replayable imo. It's a bit better now that you can just toggle off the demon invasion as it becomes more sandboxy but the map is still fairly small and most of the best factions are still in WH2 and not 3. Unless you're super horny for some of the minor improvements in WH3 there's really no reason to not still enjoy WH2

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I haven't played Ham 3 in a couple days but that's because my PC is dead and in hell

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

history is important

Scandalous posted:

oh no it grimgrog

halp what do

how kil grimgrog???

2 tuff

scarry!!

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Kanos posted:

Part of the thing that makes the cool looking mans cool is that every faction has a unique identity and approach to things and their armies look and operate completely differently. Giving half the factions in the game access to the same units that work the same way cuts into that.

I definitely want the god factions to end up with more units but I don't like the "just give everyone chaos warriors/chosen/chaos knights" approach, especially because we're absolutely getting a reworked Warriors of Chaos faction that'll be all about the big chunky heavy metal guys.

Well, ideally each god would have their own flavor of warriors. Like the nurgle ones could have big guts with boils and stinky stuff on them and the others would be suitably customized. 40k solved this problem with Chaos Marines.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Nurgle: Fat bloated bois in rusty plate

Slaneesh: sexy twinks in fabulous plate

Tzeentch: Wizards in wizardly plate

Khorne: Well, they're already in the game

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Khorne: Angry bois in angry plate

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Dramicus posted:

Well, ideally each god would have their own flavor of warriors. Like the nurgle ones could have big guts with boils and stinky stuff on them and the others would be suitably customized. 40k solved this problem with Chaos Marines.

You could even dumpster the armor value of each of these warrior variants to keep them from being OP in their respective rosters. In a thematic way. Nurgle armor is all rusted out, but they thiccer. Tzeentch is just dust inside if you wanna go full 40k and idk makes em squishy because reason. I think you have to look at the overall balance of the faction in terms of introducing units. High armor in both Nurgle and Tzeentch means a lot more than in Khorne. I'm just guessing having a rock hard anvil might make Slaanesh a little too good? So maybe Slaanesh chaos warriors could be in loincloths and run good. But just basic huge armor slow chaos warriors for every faction might push some of the daemon factions over the edge.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Giving each faction Chaos Warriors would be fine if they were all dramatically different styles of Chaos Warriors.

Khorne is already set and amazingly balanced in multiplayer despite it all, A++ job CA.

Tzeentch really doesn't need a tank that can top itself off after winning the fight but half-armored and/or more magically inclined boys with a holding role or something sure. Feel free to use Thousand Sons art design. Maybe Chaos Warriors with bound spells that let them pull off critical moves at key points, like self buffs for key engagements. No Winds costs, I find bound spells that cost winds to be kind of a dud in WH3, especially when paying research time to get them on greater demons.

Nurgle could still use Chaos Warriors Halberds pretty badly. Maybe make them squishier then Plaguebearers and give them all bloated disease guts graphics and regeneration/extra HP or something. I was surprised how few Nurgle units have regeneration and thought that was one of their gimmicks on announcement. A friend and I were discussing some super contagious plague bearing units, like imagine a walking wave of death that does super mortis engine levels of damage to what they can engage with but they're like speed 20 so they require planning to get an engagement and virtually everything can outrun them. Would be hell to balance them for attacking tar-pitted units though but.. there's room to experiment or add to rosters. Making Nurgle Chaos Warriors(Halberds) and Nurgle Chaos Warrior Champions/Elite(Stinky/Regen) could work.

Slaanesh is another mostly fine and surprisingly balanced roster. Marauders have shields, acceptable/good speed(for low tier infantry) and I think people sleep on how tanky Marauder Whips are(42 MD is something I'd expect of T3-T5s!) Maybe Chaos Warriors that are insane speed freaks? Or you could go the Aspiring Champions route but make them actually worth using this time, like screaming heavy metal sonic warriors that do awesome aoe but there's only 12 of them and they're fast but delicate, ultra infantry glass cannon elites. Or hell, the only Slaanesh ranged units. Give them flesh-warped screaming cannons or something. "You're just trying to give them noise marines." Yes I am suggesting fantasy Slaanesh should have one of their coolest units from 40k, we already justified and got used to soul grinders. Even Khorne got skull cannons!

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Twigand Berries posted:

You could even dumpster the armor value of each of these warrior variants to keep them from being OP in their respective rosters. In a thematic way. Nurgle armor is all rusted out, but they thiccer. Tzeentch is just dust inside if you wanna go full 40k and idk makes em squishy because reason. I think you have to look at the overall balance of the faction in terms of introducing units. High armor in both Nurgle and Tzeentch means a lot more than in Khorne. I'm just guessing having a rock hard anvil might make Slaanesh a little too good? So maybe Slaanesh chaos warriors could be in loincloths and run good. But just basic huge armor slow chaos warriors for every faction might push some of the daemon factions over the edge.

Totally, for Nurgle, you could cut their armor down to 70 or so, but give them the swarm of flies thing that makes them harder to be hit and give them AP. Nurgle really needs some AP infantry. The Slanesh ones could be 60 armor, but a lot faster than normal ones with some charge bonus or whatever. Go (war)ham on it. Also make them really expensive and rare compared to normal Chaos Warriors if necessary, but they should exist.

Maybe Tzeentch warriors could be fewer in number, so instead of 100 models they get 70 or so and then give them an ability that makes them ethereal for 30 seconds or something on a cool-down.

Dramicus fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 6, 2022

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Slaneesh getting more sonic weaponry in Warhammer Fantasy like they have in 40K would be fantastic

It's just SO slaneesh to try to kill people with total sensory overload

They've also introduced mecha-demons with the soulgrinders now so I wouldn't mind seeing some more machine-demon abominations as well

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Collapsing Farts posted:

Slaneesh getting more sonic weaponry in Warhammer Fantasy like they have in 40K would be fantastic

It's just SO slaneesh to try to kill people with total sensory overload

They've also introduced mecha-demons with the soulgrinders now so I wouldn't mind seeing some more machine-demon abominations as well

Give them two-handed swords that are really just mouths with large teeth growing out of them, and the mouths are screaming.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

jokes posted:

Workshop has just the best lols

Knowing some of the fandom and their.. um.. preferences, I had to read that sentence again just to make sure it didn't say "Workshop has just the best lol(i)s"

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

wtf

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

ZeusJupitar posted:

It's pretty entertaining how the fandom is split between people insisting CA is going to drop the game so hard everything back to Attila will stop existing and people insisting that Kuresh, Fishmen and 40k Total War are all confirmed.

why would CA drop it?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I would be totally ok with Tzeentch having a completely unique unit that is essentially just called Chaos Warriors in name only. I just don't think that giving them a high-armor, heavy infantry unit with shields and a regenerative barrier is something the faction needed. They're already one of the strongest factions, not having a heavy, shielded frontline is basically their only weakness and having one would possibly turn them from obnoxious to fight to downright loving unbearable. Like, how does Nurgle beat that on top of all their other poo poo?

If they kept the high armor and barrier but had 70% of the HP of regular Chaos Warriors that would be fine. Something that makes them fit more with the playstyle of the race while maintaining balance.

Dramicus posted:

Sure, like the Cult of Sotek or whatever they're called with Skink Moses, they start off with only Skinks, but you eventually unlock the ability to field Saurus. Same goes for Skarsnik with Goblins and Orcs. I'm ok with the demon factions not having early access to Chaos Warriors, but they should be able to start fielding them once they get the ball rolling.

The Cult of Sotek is a skink-themed Lizardman subfaction. Tzeentch is a completely separate faction from the rest of the chaos ones, with its own unique roster. It also overall belongs to the Demons of Chaos faction, not regular Chaos. Theres no need for them to have the same units as Chaos.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 6, 2022

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Give tzeentch warriors a sword and magic glowy hand with a bound spell Im not totally sold on Tzeentch shield for mortal units tbh.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would quite like a unit that is just those ultra ripped shirtless tzeentch dudes from earlier and they just wrestle people to death, I want to watch a burly wizard hit the RKO on grimgrog

It fits because tzeetch definitely writes wrestling plotlines.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Every one of his battles ends in a Dusty finish. But you see, actually I won! All according to plan.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7hgjuFfn3A&t=266s

Make the Tzeentch warriors like these guys, they can wrestle people to death with their minds. They can also still be shirtless if you want.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Seeing a few mods giving the Tsar Guard sleeves and feeling very vindicated right now that the sleeveless thing was a dogshit design choice

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

why would CA drop it?

Well they dropped Three Kingdoms after just 2 years and eight DLCs and WH3's total player numbers fell under WH2's therefore....

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Vagabong posted:

Seeing a few mods giving the Tsar Guard sleeves and feeling very vindicated right now that the sleeveless thing was a dogshit design choice

Ursuns out, guns out

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ursuns out, guns out

It aint a real gunshow if the torsos covered

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Rabelais D posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2789910976&searchtext=settlement

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ZeusJupitar posted:

and WH3's total player numbers fell under WH2's therefore....

Someone said that but looking at the two games' steamcharts, that's not really true?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Chasing steam player numbers is one of the paths to madness by chaos. At least without some more data. See how WH3 is doing in a few weeks when modding is common knowledge and as easy as browsing and clicking and the most popular mods have spread by word of mouth, electronic or otherwise. Then compare with DLC launches in the future and especially when Immortal Empires finally hits. Otherwise it's just grogs trying to score TAKE THAT points by catching number lower than number on random days. "WH3 at launch is not as beloved and polished as WH2 after 3 years." Correct.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Doomykins posted:

Otherwise it's just grogs trying to score TAKE THAT points by catching number lower than number on random days. "WH3 at launch is not as beloved and polished as WH2 after 3 years." Correct.
Even comparing launch number is just silly.
For example WH2 didn't have to compete with the likes of Elden Ring. Also something happened in between 2017 and 2022 that might have caused people to be less willing pay 60 bucks on something less-then-essential like a videogame.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Are you ready for my melt down trying to beat chorfs as dworfs? I lie awake at night imagining how my armies will fare against them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I just want a ChArghy to emerge when the Chorf DLC drops.