Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Does the game acknowledge if you perfect every entry, and/or give you something for doing so? I'm only here to steal the new forms and evolutions for Home.

Shiny chances go up even higher if you have a perfect entry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Beyond that you get nothing for perfecting every entry in the Pokedex.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zuzie posted:

Beyond that you get nothing for perfecting every entry in the Pokedex.

I get the satisfaction of indulging my neuroses.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Flopsy posted:

I get the satisfaction of indulging my neuroses.

That's getting patched out in the next update

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
The biggest pain in the rear end is the ones that want you to catch several pokemon that are smaller than usual. Or the ones that want you to catch ones that are bigger, and there isn't a regular alpha spawn

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yeah those are essentially "catch a lot and hope for the best"

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Scholtz posted:

Yeah those are essentially "catch a lot and hope for the best"

I see you too have gone looking for a big Buizel

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I gave him and any other request asking for a Pokémon an alpha, and when/if they wouldn't take them, I gave/showed them a shiny instead.

My town looks very weird.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

have we talked about Serena coming back in the anime yet?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

have we talked about Serena coming back in the anime yet?

Wait, has that been confirmed? I know other two Kalos teammates returned in the most recent episodes at least

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Larryb posted:

Wait, has that been confirmed? I know other two Kalos teammates returned in the most recent episodes at least

Yes.

https://twitter.com/AnipokeHub/status/1512063913957146625?s=20&t=0I21VM66CpzIdt-bgzh-NQ

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Awesome (and it makes sense considering the recent OP indicated that Chloe’s going to start doing Contests soon)

Speaking of, seems like Greninja’s coming back eventually as well

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 7, 2022

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
A lot of high profile returns are coming to the anime, but most importantly there'll be an episode about Team Rocket having a podcast.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

A lot of high profile returns are coming to the anime, but most importantly there'll be an episode about Team Rocket having a podcast.

Come to think of it, I don’t think Team Rocket has been in the series since the episode where Butch and Cassidy returned a few months ago. I miss them

Speaking of returns, I know May’s probably out of the question due to her VA’s long standing health issues but any sign of Misty or any other familiar faces in the coming episodes out of curiosity?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 7, 2022

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Nuzlocke Update

I have reached the Elite Four. After much consideration I am rolling with this crew.

Durant has really surprised me, for some reason I always assumed it was terrible but with hustle and a kings rock it has actually been a solid team member. It came down to Grumpig and Noivern for my final spot and grumpig just had a bit more flexibility with its move pool. I have already knocked off the fire E4 and am about to go for the water guy.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Just swept the champion’s entire team with Durant lol. Talk about ending on a high note

My close friend Vileplume is my only elite four casualty. Nuzlocke……..complete

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Larryb posted:

Come to think of it, I don’t think Team Rocket has been in the series since the episode where Butch and Cassidy returned a few months ago. I miss them

Speaking of returns, I know May’s probably out of the question due to her VA’s long standing health issues but any sign of Misty or any other familiar faces in the coming episodes out of curiosity?

Yeah, they've been featured way less in this series than in SM, which featured them way less than any series before. But whenever they do show up it's usually a larger role for htem.

From the latest OP and previews
The ORAS contest lady
Wallace
Greninja
Paul
The SM squad in some capacity (it looks like Ash and Go visit for Kukui and Burnett's anniversary)
Steven

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Yeah, they've been featured way less in this series than in SM, which featured them way less than any series before. But whenever they do show up it's usually a larger role for htem.

From the latest OP and previews
The ORAS contest lady
Wallace
Greninja
Paul
The SM squad in some capacity (it looks like Ash and Go visit for Kukui and Burnett's anniversary)
Steven

The name of the first one is Lisia and she’ll be showing up in this week’s episode (not sure if Serena will be appearing in said episode as well or if she pops up a little later on though)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Nuzlocke Update

I have reached the Elite Four. After much consideration I am rolling with this crew.

Durant has really surprised me, for some reason I always assumed it was terrible but with hustle and a kings rock it has actually been a solid team member. It came down to Grumpig and Noivern for my final spot and grumpig just had a bit more flexibility with its move pool. I have already knocked off the fire E4 and am about to go for the water guy.

Durant did a lot of work for me in Sword. Shame about that Fire weakness.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Durant did a lot of work for me in Sword. Shame about that Fire weakness.

Yeah I have been very pleasantly surprised with her. Fast enough that she goes first most of the time, and between my kings rock boosted iron head and a single hone claws she can really wipe dudes out.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
My Nuzlocke run has ended. But the postgame is just beginning……

Welcome….to Kinniekins Kwest.

Bonus image: here is the Nuzlocke graveyard, minus the Xerneas I just gave to Shauna.

🪦 to all my dead Pokémon. Especially to vileplume and greninja though. Your sacrifices made this possible

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/frnBQ70.mp4

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of the anime, it was really nice to finally see Serena again (and her new design looks great) and she apparently wasn’t the only familiar face we saw this episode either

Next week, Team Rocket finally returns (and in an episode that apparently is a tribute to the radio show they did on the side during Best Wishes)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 9, 2022

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Has anyone been able to get a perfect score on the mountains balloon course? It seems like the key is the Braviary bits, but they are very difficult to get right.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Nuzlocke Update

Just wanted to congratulate you on your excellent pokemon names. If you change Washbarry's form do you have to change his name too? What are the other names you use for rotoms?

Seriously I love hearing about what other folk call their mons.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
When it was in fan form I named it Only Fan.

I have an oven Rotom in Sun that was named Charcutierie.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

When it was in fan form I named it Only Fan.

I have an oven Rotom in Sun that was named Charcutierie.

Extremely good, thank you.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
All my pokenon are named moon moon

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
m o o n that spells pokémon

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

indigi posted:

m o o n that spells pokémon

Put an r in the middle and you’ll see what I think of Pokémon!!

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

I called my Heat Rotom I'm In Here and my Wash Rotom My Tears because that episode of the Sun & Moon anime was really messed up.

My favourite recent Pokemon name is Dana Skully, but then it evolved into Houndoom and lost the skull on its design. Might be a good name for the Cubone line, though.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Named my fridge Rotom WomenInComics.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I've been enjoying giving pokemon all caps names lately, like WIDE LOAD or BABY CHAIN (my Falinks). Just imagining my trainer having to say it in this really loud deadpan voice every time they say the name out loud.

I also like giving cutesy names to big things. Like I named my Cyndaquil "Baby" and it's even cuter now that it's a big ol Typhlosion. Go, Baby! :3:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Yeah, naming scary things cute names or big things tiny names is stupid but endlessly amusing to me. I'm trying to decide which eldritch horror to call Mittens. Maybe Arceus when I get him! Just got the Spiritomb hunt to do.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I think my favorite Pokemon name will forever be my partner's Decidueye, OwliverQueen.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I named my Bronzong in Y Bronze Dong.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

My Incineroar was EddiePurrero

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

My Primarina was HatsunaMiku

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Scholtz posted:

This is solid punnage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Scholtz posted:

Mine is pasta.
Pasta primanara