Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

live with fruit posted:

Freeman was on the MLB Network and they actually asked him about Acuña's comments and he said he was just enforcing team rules. And then Harold Reynolds licked his boots and said he did the same thing in his day.
he'll fit right in on the almost-all-white Dodgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Hayes has "spasms of the left forearm" and is day to day

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

My take is that if there was in the past some friction between Freeman and Acuña that is no longer my problem so play ball baby

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

This is a >.500 team. I feel it in my bones.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

My take is that if there was in the past some friction between Freeman and Acuña that is no longer my problem so play ball baby

Yep. Freddie is no longer a Brave. He could’ve been. Doesn’t matter now.

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day
woof, that was a tough pirates game

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

Yea that sucked, but on the bright side it's gotta get better from here!

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

Well, to be fair, nobody has any scouting on this Wainwright kid. Give the league a little bit to adjust, then we’ll probably see him come back to earth.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I long for the day that Bob Nutting is driven out of Pittsburgh preferably in the river

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1512211142164332545

NO EXCUSES!

Other than the Astros.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
This Pirates team seems middling at best! I'm surprised I never see any mad Pirates fans online.

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day
I would have chosen a narrator that sounded a bit less like a wiener for that one

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

this should by all rights be Acuña's (and Albies') team now,

don't want to hear any bullshit just time to have fun

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

achillesforever6 posted:

I long for the day that Bob Nutting is driven out of Pittsburgh preferably in the river

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Bobby Witt Jr showed all 5 tools at an elite level and had the game winning hit so I'd rate his debut a C minus probably.

Also Greinke was throwing 87 mph gas all day with some success.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I hope to wake up and learn that Bob Nutting’s hobby of flying a small private plane has gone awry

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
LOL all the umps are wearing adds for crypto on their shirts.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

With Joe Kelly/Carlos Correa and Javy Baez/Amir Garrett is the AL Central now the premier division in baseball for Batter/Pitcher Feuds

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

mcmagic posted:

LOL all the umps are wearing adds for crypto on their shirts.

They started doing that in the middle of last season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DurosKlav posted:

They started doing that in the middle of last season.

Did they really? I have zero memory of that lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

joey votto is mic'd up and they're talking to him during the game, and the announcers are having him ask ozzie albies about getting a diamond tooth, this is an actual game what the hell

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

this should by all rights be Acuña's (and Albies') team now,

don't want to hear any bullshit just time to have fun

Let’s having some fun!!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ammat The Ankh posted:

This Pirates team seems middling at best! I'm surprised I never see any mad Pirates fans online.
I think a lot of us are just resigned at this point

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
N: https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1512241580807233539

V: Albies rules, Votto rules.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Megil going five and Max tomorrow has me hopeful for the mets.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/LndsPatterson/status/1512200371078320128

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/nocontextsfg/status/1512256768046354438

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Seth Beer just hit a walk off 3 run home run on National Beer Day

https://twitter.com/Dbacks/status/1512294508024672263

Popete fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 8, 2022

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This all happened because the Padres decided to let a guy may his MLB debut in the 9th inning of a 2 run game where he proceeded to walk 3 guys in a row.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Popete posted:

This all happened because the Padres decided to let a guy may his MLB debut in the 9th inning of a 2 run game where he proceeded to walk 3 guys in a row.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AJCassavell/status/1512293459100536832

I guess it explains why they wanted Rogers

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/NoContextTrek/status/1512204817401274368Q

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

live with fruit posted:

Freeman was on the MLB Network and they actually asked him about Acuña's comments and he said he was just enforcing team rules. And then Harold Reynolds licked his boots and said he did the same thing in his day.

What was this about?

Also the Dads losing in the bottom of the ninth to a guy named Seth Beer is very baseball.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Popete posted:

This after Yu Darvish had them no-hit til the 6th and was inexplicably pulled on 90 pitches.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

rickiep00h posted:

This after Yu Darvish had them no-hit til the 6th and was inexplicably pulled on 90 pitches.

I think because of the shortened spring, most pitchers are only getting like 80 pitches for a bit until they can be fully stretched out.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Just gonna ride this opening day high for as long as possible until Cubs reality sets in

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/WFAN660/status/1512411189074182148

It seems like they are trying to do the right thing here with a shorter term higher AAV deal but they are in a complete no win situation with Judge. If they give in and sign him it's overwhelmingly likely to be a bad contract and if they let him walk they are going to get crucified. Basically every team is signing their younger stars way earlier than the Yankees are.

https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1512412893626650627

I give this lineup a 7 out of 10. Stanton needs to play OF but at least they didn't bench DJLM. Rizzo shouldn't bat above DJ or Stanton either. The order is weird but it's hard for me to get worked up about that.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 8, 2022

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They paid him 540,000 in 2017 so they definitely owe him even if there is some “dead” money at the end

That’s the way it works . That’s the way the owners wanted it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I can't believe that Aaron Hicks is signed for 3 years AFTER this year lol. THAT is the guy they Yankees had to fall over themselves to pay.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I definitely do not remember Megill hitting 98 last season so that’s pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
poo poo I didn't even know Hicks was ready to play