Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Just play Hades on the Nintendo Switch

hades is good

:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

c elden ring s: holy poo poo this game is so good. so far i've played this much

and i think im only 1/3 of the way through the story. absolutely enthralled

It's v. good. The map is huge but the region's aren't so big that it's like Oblivion or whatever where it's just masses of generic empty land, it's hard to explain.

I still have no idea wtf is going on though. I killed some lords and now I have their souls but what do I do with them? Wtf are these rune arcs I have for?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I had to have this explained to me too *deep breath*

when you kill a megaboss it drops a great rune. this great rune does nothing until you take it to a specific divine tower (the one in the region in which the boss was found) and plug it into a thing at the top, which unlocks it. you then select one unlocked great rune at a time to equip. the equipped unlocked great rune still does nothing, until you spend a rune arc, then it gives you its described buff. until you die, then the effect is lost until you spend another rune arc

this is explained in pieces in a couple of different UI places and tutorial popups but if you played the game like me these may have happened hours or days apart

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

there's something about summoning/being summoned affecting rune arcs too, isn't there

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DRAGON'S DOGMA ISN'T COMPATIBLE WITH THE SERIES X ?!?!?!?!? This is poo poo. So I still need to keep my 360 connected.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

DRAGON'S DOGMA ISN'T COMPATIBLE WITH THE SERIES X ?!?!?!?!? This is poo poo. So I still need to keep my 360 connected.

danganronpa??

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

akadajet posted:

danganronpa??

danganropa my balls?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I also really enjoyed Jupiter Hell recently but I don't know if that counts as a full on roguelike.
i keep meaning to try it

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Ciaphas posted:

there's something about summoning/being summoned affecting rune arcs too, isn't there

afaik you dont get the great rune+rune arc buff when summoned, because i was watching some fight club tournament videos and people were relying on their great rune stat boost for higher equip load and ended up fat rolling everywhere lol

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

It's v. good. The map is huge but the region's aren't so big that it's like Oblivion or whatever where it's just masses of generic empty land, it's hard to explain.

it is dense as hell. there is still plenty to do in ng+ because there’s no way you can find everything on your first playthrough, and you will definitely accidentally ruin some questlines by finishing others first or by making “wrong” choices. i just wish there were some different items to find, but it seems like the only benefit gear-wise is that you can double up on unique weapons.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
world of horror is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzTLPpAQpF8

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i always throw down my summon sign whenever i see one of those little posts but i never summon others because it's not worth the added difficulty / getting invaded by min/max shitlords

i had a run today with some stranger that lasted over 30 minutes because neither of us knew where the hell we were going or what to do. we cleared out the entire area plus what we thought was the boss. we stood there for a bit awkwardly then silently moved forwards to kill more bad guys. we eventually found the REAL boss and i helped him take it down. feels real good, man

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

souls games have some of the best online experiences because there’s no way to communicate and the times when you and your buddy are on the same page, its a beautiful thing.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

*rapidly mashing the shield button in sync while riding a long elevator*

goty

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

polyester concept posted:

souls games have some of the best online experiences because there’s no way to communicate and the times when you and your buddy are on the same page, its a beautiful thing.

“hello” i say prattling peteshly

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Armitag3 posted:

“hello” i say prattling peteshly

"Very good" I say before collapsing in a show of dejection

actually idk if "very good" is in this one

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i wasn't aware there were any others besides 'hello'

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I have three, but I don't remember which ones since I never use them

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i have one that says “you’re beautiful”. they are all positive messages :unsmith:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

i have one that says “you’re beautiful”. they are all positive messages :unsmith:

i had a good chuckle when i found that one

laughed a lot harder when it was used as a solution in a npc quest

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

finally trying out elden ring. I'm bad at it

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Truman Peyote posted:

finally trying out elden ring. I'm bad at it

i believe in you

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

don’t give up skeleton

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
try but. hole

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
lol, he’s maidenless.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

don’t give up skeleton

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

MrQueasy posted:

lol, he’s maidenless.

lmaoooo

got 'em

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

for real though this one takes a bit longer to really get into the groove of things. i think it was fiveish hours before it really started to click for me. once it does though, hoo boy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah a dude just came into work and he has severe mental health problems and he was talking about elden ring and has made me want to give it another go. reckon I just need to get off the ground with it so I don't just insta-die instantly

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

echinopsis posted:

yeah a dude just came into work and he has severe mental health problems

like what? what was he saying and doing?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Beyond ReTarTed. posted:

like what? what was he saying and doing?

your posting

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

not talking enough about elden ring, probably

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SmokaDustbowl posted:

your posting

dude walks into work with severe mental health problems (all sorts of symptoms) and rambles? about elden ring and i *thinks to self*..., I should play that video game

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Beyond ReTarTed. posted:

dude walks into work with severe mental health problems (all sorts of symptoms) and rambles? about elden ring and i *thinks to self*..., I should play that video game

sounds beyond retarted

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Beyond ReTarTed. posted:

go away

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

edgy username there

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
cjs: started tunic and i love the enemy descriptions in the manual

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

elden ring: I have 3 awesome looking straight swords that I cant use because their weapon arts are garbage for my build and i'm angry about it

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/dev-diary-41-revolutions.1519120/

oh boy more vicky 3 news! sounds interesting at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Fool posted:

elden ring: I have 3 awesome looking straight swords that I cant use because their weapon arts are garbage for my build and i'm angry about it

yeah that's my only real complaint so far- most of the really cool gear has a permanent ash of war

well that and how from's usual opaque and unguided quests don't really work in a 100 hour open world game