Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Shrimpy posted:

No one from the Arrowverse has ever been added as a Legend with the exception of Wally for part of Season 3. You could make an argument for Constantine, I guess, but pulling from the Arrowverse for heroes after Season 1 hasn't been a thing.

Nora Darkh, Constantine/Astra, Wally were my thoughts.

What I’m trying to say is that there are so many characters from the rest of the shows to choose from and they decided on loving Gary, Behrad, and Spooner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Mia and Black Canary pls! *Wishes hard*

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Pillowpants posted:

Nora Darkh, Constantine/Astra, Wally were my thoughts.

What I’m trying to say is that there are so many characters from the rest of the shows to choose from and they decided on loving Gary, Behrad, and Spooner?

I would sort of push back on Nora. Yes, the character was technically in Arrow, but she was essentially remade from the ground up when they introduced her on Legends.

Also, I suspect the logistics of plucking characters out of the other shows and using them as regulars in Legends is far more of a challenge than it would seem to folks on the outside.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Wentworth Miller signed a deal whose publicity made it sound like they'd invented a new paradigm where he'd be considered a universe regular where if he wasn't in one Arrowverse show that week, he'd be in another, and I thought that was a cool way to do it. Of course, that deal sadly just amounted to a very small handful of recurring appearances in Flash and Legends.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

howe_sam posted:

I would sort of push back on Nora. Yes, the character was technically in Arrow, but she was essentially remade from the ground up when they introduced her on Legends.

Also, I suspect the logistics of plucking characters out of the other shows and using them as regulars in Legends is far more of a challenge than it would seem to folks on the outside.

I think the issue is that while they're all under the same umbrella each show still has its own production team where nobody wants to spend a lot of time on character only to have them go off to another show.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

muscles like this! posted:

I think the issue is that while they're all under the same umbrella each show still has its own production team where nobody wants to spend a lot of time on character only to have them go off to another show.

This feels like the reason it has happened for villains, since they tend to be one season and done on the primary show.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
But my point is that Arrow and Black lightning ended and none of those characters were brought on.

You figure at least one or two be open to recurring roles.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pillowpants posted:

But my point is that Arrow and Black lightning ended and none of those characters were brought on.

With Black Lightning, that would involve a move from Atlanta where they filmed to Vancouver where Legends films.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Pillowpants posted:

The only one who seems to be is David Ramsey and they've found plenty of work for him to do across the schedule in front of and behind the camera, plus potentially a show of his very own.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

My guess is money. Cheaper to have no names than anyone from any show.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wild Dog should have been on Legends. Calling Sarah Lance hoss over and over again

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Like you can have conflict without either person being an rear end.
Having the spitting image of your dead sister running around? Even the most even tempered person is going to feel *something* about that.
Meeting the daughter of your dead ex lover/friend? Or living with the woman wearing your dead sisters hero identity? Same

I can't blame the actors, they are doing stand up and salute work with what they are given. It's squarely on the production team who seem to be focused on costs and not creativity.

I agree Wild dog would have slotted quite nicely into Mick's place as hot headed jerk with a heart of gold. (I still love their interaction in Crisis over the champagne).

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Sloth Life posted:

Like you can have conflict without either person being an rear end.
Having the spitting image of your dead sister running around? Even the most even tempered person is going to feel *something* about that.
Meeting the daughter of your dead ex lover/friend? Or living with the woman wearing your dead sisters hero identity? Same

I can't blame the actors, they are doing stand up and salute work with what they are given. It's squarely on the production team who seem to be focused on costs and not creativity.

What do you mean by "focused on costs and not creativity"?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm still surprised they didn't fold Mia Queen and the Canaries (or at least some of them) into the Legends after their pilot failed to launch. I mean, in their backdoor pilot they have the second Canary there because she doesn't even know how she got launched forward in time, and Black Siren literally says the Legends dropped her off in the future. Time fuckery is baked in there!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Open Source Idiom posted:

What do you mean by "focused on costs and not creativity"?

If i had to guess its focusing on stuff that is cheap, existing sets, costumes they can get from other productions, rather than doing crazy radical stuff. The few Future scenes they've done has been in rooms, or outside, so no expensive costumes or sets.

I said in the general DC tv thread that I'm not going to be surprised if we get a final season to wrap things up, like with Flash. Also Sarah being given a pregnancy plot is pretty much the end point of her character. Also I will not watch the next season if its just the Sarah is pregnant season. Nothing is less interesting to me than that.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I'm still surprised they didn't fold Mia Queen and the Canaries (or at least some of them) into the Legends after their pilot failed to launch. I mean, in their backdoor pilot they have the second Canary there because she doesn't even know how she got launched forward in time, and Black Siren literally says the Legends dropped her off in the future. Time fuckery is baked in there!

And Mia was just on flash!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

While I'm pretty sure that Katherine McNamara will be a CW lifer, I'm sure they would rather develop something new for her, rather than a minor role in an ensemble cast of a show that probably doesn't have much longer left.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
I feel like they should be able to get Willa Holland back. Seems like she'd be a natural replacement for Sara. Since I don't really see anyone else on the team as really being able to lead.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

V-Men posted:

I feel like they should be able to get Willa Holland back. Seems like she'd be a natural replacement for Sara. Since I don't really see anyone else on the team as really being able to lead.

Didn't she retire from acting? I thought I remember reading she had a minor breakdown and quit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC there was a rumor that she had a bad experience filming one of the action scenes on Arrow that soured her on the superhero stuff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

oh jay posted:

While I'm pretty sure that Katherine McNamara will be a CW lifer, I'm sure they would rather develop something new for her, rather than a minor role in an ensemble cast of a show that probably doesn't have much longer left.

Case in point, she just got cast as the lead for the Walker prequel.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Well then.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Crawler? :dadjoke:

But seriously, yeah I'm really feeling the Arrowverse fatigue at this point and I wouldn't mind them just wrapping the whole thing up with a final season.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I just watched "Lowest Common Demoninator".

I'm skipping a good portion of the thread to say that Legends is one the best shows ever.

That is all.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

ShakeZula posted:

Crawler? :dadjoke:

But seriously, yeah I'm really feeling the Arrowverse fatigue at this point and I wouldn't mind them just wrapping the whole thing up with a final season.

I don't know how without Arrow the entire Arrowverse feels extremely disjointed. I think one thing is the lack of ongoing crossovers at any scale. Supergirl's finale might even have been served if someone from Flash, Legends, and Batgirl were on it. Or if there were some kind of commentary on the critical events from people in the other shows.

Did Supergirl even address the Kate Kane's disappearance?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was a nod to it on Batwoman where Kate said she was going to go see Supergirl before she left forever at the end of season 2. But it never actually came up on Supergirl.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

Wild Dog should have been on Legends. Calling Sarah Lance hoss over and over again

Would have been awesome if they could have slowly added some combination of Wild Dog, Dreamer, Brainiac, Thunder, and Mia.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The CW renewed a handful of shows, including The Flash and Superman & Lois, but not this.

Doesn't mean it's cancelled, just that it hasn't made it through the early rounds of production renewals.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Didn't they already say Flash was ending next season and this was a wrap up season?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
flash should have ended 3 seasons ago

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Didn't they already say Flash was ending next season and this was a wrap up season?

I don't think so. Grant Gustin only renewed for one season though so I guess it's more of a "let's leave it up in the air and decide later".

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/ketomizu/status/1506478247218868226

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
If they do get cancelled I hope they let them record one episode where the staff at Time Jail profusely apologizes for accidentally locking them up and let's them go, set immediately after the finale

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Medullah posted:

If they do get cancelled I hope they let them record one episode where the staff at Time Jail profusely apologizes for accidentally locking them up and let's them go, set immediately after the finale

Do the Seinfeld finale but everyone loves them, especially the previous seasons villains!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Flash getting renewed and not Legends (yet anyway) stinks.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
What if in the final season somehow Joe gets to be the Flash

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Only if he levels up.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

I feel like the writers having to come up with a hashtag for renewing Legends isn't a great omen.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Nick Zano has left for sure, Caity has left her Vancouver apartment & moved back home, Dom never showed up since his Instagram meltdown and subsequent retraction.
No hope in my heart tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They’re doing Legends dirty just like they did Black Lightning.