Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

tfw your fireside gathering opens a Sir Finley :smith:

at least I can dust it and get another one I guess :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I got the 2 mana hunter legendary and the +1/+1 to all weapons warrior legendary in 60 packs from my fireside opening. Kinda lukewarm. Pity timer's about to run out so hopefully my gold stash will net me 2 better ones.

I guess I'm most excited about mage, druid and warlock this expansion, so any and all of theirs I'll gladly take.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 8, 2022

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
In one megabundle, I got a DH colossal, Mage Naga, and both Warlock legendaries. Not very good, but I was interested in Warlock this expansion. Curse and Murloc Warlock, here I come.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Firebert posted:

They just hotfixed pandaren importer to 3 mana, they will probably patch Kael if it continues to ruin wild tbh

Yeah if anything is wondering why...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-DqAbUI72g

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

How do you spend gold in the iOS app? Is it possible? I literally cannot find how to do it.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Not a bad haul for opening just the 80 + 5. Golden Leviathan out of the gold packs (super lucky), then Radiance, Commander Sivara, Crabatoa, Gigafin, and Sir Finley, which is free dust vis-a-vis tavern pass. Much better than my Fractured packs for sure.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'm guessing the early openings are in Firesides per the usual?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GTO posted:

No idea who that is, but there's still the mini set.

The super big kraken that was going to have deathwing's effect, I forget the lore since I havent played wow in forever but it was the first or biggest or something and it ate the water ragnaros.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I got by far the worst haul I can remember. Pity timer twice. Feels bad.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
No comment but lol this is fun:

### ResPriest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Resurrect
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 1x (4) Archmage Vargoth
# 2x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 2x (5) Mass Hysteria
# 2x (6) Shadow Essence
# 1x (7) Humongous Owl
# 2x (7) Lesser Diamond Spellstone
# 1x (8) Catrina Muerte
# 2x (8) Mo'arg Forgefiend
# 1x (8) Xyrella, the Devout
# 2x (9) Blood of G'huun
# 2x (9) Mass Resurrection
# 2x (9) Obsidian Statue
#
AAEBAaOrBATWmQOTmwPoiwTXkgQN+hHRwQLlzALmzAK0zgLj6QKXhwOZmwOTugPi3gP63wPM+QOtigQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Desert Bus posted:

No comment but lol this is fun:
Isn't everyone in Wild basically playing Kael'thas decks?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

NorgLyle posted:

I haven't seen too many in Casual today. They're around and annoying but since they NEED the Kael'Thas to go off it's not too bad yet. I'm sure someone will refine it more.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

NorgLyle posted:

Seems to be my experience. Even I'm playing it now.

Currently doing druid with Barnes and KT. Can pretty consistently kill turn 5-6

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

I guess they were unhappy about their Reno failing because they had duplicates in their deck.

Sky Raider --> Swashburglar --> Brilliant Macaw --> a second Juggernaut was fun and extremely bullshit but ultimately wasn't why I won.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 10, 2022

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I'm only 4 games in and have lost 2 of those, but i'm having fun with this so far. Dunno how it would hold up in Ranked. I suspect my WR will go up considerably as I figure out the right mulligans and plays. I have yet to draw a single Bloodlust and have only drawn Eys'or once:

### Totem
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (0) Totemic Might
# 2x (0) Totemic Surge
# 2x (1) Storm's Wrath
# 2x (1) Surging Tempest
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) Cagematch Custodian
# 2x (2) EVIL Totem
# 1x (3) Grand Totem Eys'or
# 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 2x (3) Totemic Reflection
# 2x (4) Splitting Axe
# 2x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (5) Totem Goliath
# 1x (5) Windshear Stormcaller
#
AAEBAaoIAujqAt/hAw6BBL4GkwmdowPapQP5pQO1rQO2rQPbuAOWuQObzQOm0QPw1AOq3gMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Did alright out of my preorder bundle, 10 legendaries, most of them decent (the 2 druid ones don't seem amazing) and I still have the 2 bonus ones and the Amazon one unclaimed which could be from the new set I assume.

One thing I've forgotten, do you get a free refresh of the weeklies when a new tavern pass comes out or not? Not sure if I should do them tonight or tomorrow when they reset to get a couple hundred extra gold or just leave em til the thing resets and smash through the first 20 levels or whatever asap.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

thebardyspoon posted:

Did alright out of my preorder bundle, 10 legendaries, most of them decent (the 2 druid ones don't seem amazing) and I still have the 2 bonus ones and the Amazon one unclaimed which could be from the new set I assume.

One thing I've forgotten, do you get a free refresh of the weeklies when a new tavern pass comes out or not? Not sure if I should do them tonight or tomorrow when they reset to get a couple hundred extra gold or just leave em til the thing resets and smash through the first 20 levels or whatever asap.

You don’t get a free refresh so save them

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Don't forget to do that Twitch thing *after* the formal launch of the new set.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1513200145533444106

Edit:
Uhhmmm... that's the only crab/DJ pun you could come up with?
Especially for a game where most rage adds result in a variation of "kys"?

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 11, 2022

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Quest Hunter just managed to play FIVE separate Explosive Traps, one of them improved, on top of the array of direct removals it plays.

The volume of removal in the game right now is just fuckin' dumb.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shockeh posted:

Quest Hunter just managed to play FIVE separate Explosive Traps, one of them improved, on top of the array of direct removals it plays.

The volume of removal in the game right now is just fuckin' dumb.

And soon almost every deck is going to have at least 1-3 whole-board silences! :shepface:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
personally I’d rather have a shitload of removal than spend a few hours dying repeatedly to aggro on T5

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

It is me, contributor to part of the problem, as I plan to play Questline Pirate Warrior day 1

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

unless I get really lucky with my Standard packs tomorrow I'll probably be trying out burn shaman and "mech" pally (I figure not enough mechs to form a critical mass in Standard yet so it'll mostly just be handbuff paladin)

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 11, 2022

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

AnacondaHL posted:

It is me, contributor to part of the problem, as I plan to play Questline Pirate Warrior day 1

You're better than this :(

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

I expected some sort of interesting prerelease stream, instead I got trolled by dancing crabs. I don't know what to say.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 11, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Oenis posted:

I expected some sort of interesting prerelease stream, instead I got trolled by dancing crabs. I don't know what to say.

:shrug: drops are drops, I have it muted in the background

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Oh, speaking of, VSyndicate has their 30 decks for day 1 up: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/30-decks-to-try-out-on-day-1-of-voyage-to-the-sunken-city/

From what I've seen from streams mech pally looked really strong, if somewhat predictable.

Naga mage has way too much awkward APM, so I'll probably not go out of my way to play that. Mech mage on the other hand looks very appealing, hopefully I can get away with combining a mech shell with hero power shenanigans.

Usually not a rogue main but the pirate legendary looks very appealing in a Tickatus-lite sort of way. Thief rogue with Tess in standard could also be fun.

I want to like the curse warlock, but I'm not convinced that it'll play different enough from all the other combo decks that warlock has.

Warrior is just going to be quest warrior as a nice choice to turn off your brain while playing. I probably won't be able to resist the appeal of trying to go for Brann + Rokara for double Juggernaut.

Otherwise for day 1 just gimme the dumb control deck that can get away with generating and playing the most collosi, thanks.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Fel Demon hunter looked really fun. Not sure about the mailbox dancer since Sage does a lot of work getting the combo online. Brann+Jace is an absurd amount of damage.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Brann’s gonna get nerfed to 4 mana

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

AnacondaHL posted:

that and naga mage for me. god that new amalgam....

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

"Hearthstone: Voyage to the sunk cost fallacity"

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Good time to quit playing.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Kazakus priest looks dumb with all the dragon synergy what with drakonid operatives and lightbombs

Switcheroo is probably one of the strongest cards they've ever printed for priest, whose idea was to give them an actually good draw card

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Amoeba102 posted:

Good time to quit playing.

I've been telling myself that every expansion for about four years now

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I have only played one deck since stormwind came out and have no desire to make any others. If ignite mage stops working for me, yeah I'm actually quitting. Might still quit even if it still works.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Almost impressed. Hearthstone has moved on from its cluster gently caress launches of the past but managed to go retro this time and has launched this expansion with a bug that stops anyone going past the splash screen on opening the game :thumbsup:

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Also no packs from the new expansion available in the shop. Small 70 billion dollar indie company etc.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Oenis posted:

Also no packs from the new expansion available in the shop. Small 70 billion dollar indie company etc.

Would love to buy a pack, but nope, not possible. Maybe they just want us to buy standard packs instead.

Did wait for the Prime Gaming drop and got Admiral Hooktusk as my free legendary. No clue what else I'll get when I can start buying packs, but I was definitely excited about trying Pirate Rogue and this may push that day 1!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

everything was messed up for a few minutes but it works fine now?