Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I bought the cuisenart air fryer yesterday and so far I made toast and fries and reheated pizza and I am very happy and that's what I did on my summer vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Costco seems to have a bigger variety of air fryers than any other item

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I’d go for 12 Hi-biscus, 6 lemon cello, 6 key lime if possible

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Soul Dentist posted:

I wish they'd put LaCroix Limoncello permanently out to pasture, specifically so it unbinds the perfect Hibiscus flavor

Oh I am with you it's horrible. And I actually like the key lime one which has the same creamy flavor.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

CaptainCrunch posted:

Never before in my life have I cracked an egg at home and found two yolks within.

https://www.grubstreet.com/2014/11/sauders-double-yolkers-eggs.html

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Sure. There’s even a few restaurants that specialize in double yolkers.

But in the wild, without seeking them out?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Every egg I've ever cracked open has had two yolks I thought they all had two yolks

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Sorry. You're a demon.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I've bought jumbo eggs a few times and got about 4 doubles per dozen.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The yakisoba chicken stir fry is good and a good value but I would only use one of the sauce containers next time because the meal is incredibly salty.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
XL and Jumbo eggs are really hard on the hen laying the egg. The chickens that lay them aren’t bred to be any bigger than the Medium or Large egg size layers so they are a much greater risk of prolapse and getting egg bound.

Please don’t buy them.

Costco content: there was actually a line at the gas pumps last time I went, the masses have discovered the Pooler, GA gas station :(

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Joburg posted:

XL and Jumbo eggs are really hard on the hen laying the egg. The chickens that lay them aren’t bred to be any bigger than the Medium or Large egg size layers so they are a much greater risk of prolapse and getting egg bound.

Please don’t buy them.

Goatsegg, you say? Now you make me want to buy them exclusively for the shock value!

I get larges pretty exclusively since I feel like most of the time using anything else for recipes throws off the ingredient balance.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Since when did Costco get rid of the combo 'za. Admittedly haven't been shopping there in person in a while. Big letdown

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Slider posted:

Since when did Costco get rid of the combo 'za. Admittedly haven't been shopping there in person in a while. Big letdown

It died as part of the Covid cut backs, same as the onion dispenser.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

FogHelmut posted:

The yakisoba chicken stir fry is good and a good value but I would only use one of the sauce containers next time because the meal is incredibly salty.

I balanced out the salt by adding Mike's Hot Honey and Sriracha

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

I balanced out the salt by adding Mike's Hot Honey and Sriracha

The Bachan BBQ sauce is excellent on it.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Oof. Out the door almost $500 (exec membership came due, even still...). These chicken patties that disappeared a while ago (were my daughter's favorite) reappeared, so grabbed three boxes.

The store also had brand new carts. They have an interesting crop top design.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

SirPablo posted:

The store also had brand new carts. They have an interesting crop top design.

I’ve only ever seen this style of cart, what did they look like before?

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
They have those same kind at my Sam's and my Costco too, assumed they were warehouse club standard :shrug:

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

i got a costco membership today. does everyone's costco sell tofu? i circled the store looking for it three times and couldn't find any. i probably should have asked an employee but i'm a goon so my first impulse is to avoid human interaction and go home to post about it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's very hard to find an employee walking around at my store.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

There’s always one or two refolding all the clothes in the center of the store but they look like get asked a million questions while trying to work so I feel bad and never approach them.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

kreeningsons posted:

i got a costco membership today. does everyone's costco sell tofu? i circled the store looking for it three times and couldn't find any. i probably should have asked an employee but i'm a goon so my first impulse is to avoid human interaction and go home to post about it.

Yeah, I’ve seen a massive pack in the coolers. I don’t remember what it’s by, maybe the guacamole and hummus?

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
goddamnit i just dropped $300 on meat

Head Bee Guy fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 10, 2022

Hooks
Aug 26, 2007

He'll save children, but not the British children
Fun Shoe

kreeningsons posted:

At my Costco, it's in the shorter aisles adjacent to the deli/meat wall where there's stuff like pierogi and pre-made tacos.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Head Bee Guy posted:

I hope you have a freezer!

killa-pope
May 21, 2008

Hooks posted:

At my Costco, it's in the shorter aisles adjacent to the deli/meat wall where there's stuff like pierogi and pre-made tacos.

Same. It has a tendency to move sides/aisles, so don’t be afraid to circle a couple times.

If there’s something I’m not sure about, I find the app is dead on if you search in the same day delivery section for it. Only applies if you’re shopping at the store closest to your house (or enter a dummy address).

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Head Bee Guy posted:

We've all tried jamon at least once.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

How did I spend $700 at Costco today?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

FCKGW posted:

I’ve only ever seen this style of cart, what did they look like before?

Used to just look like an oversized cart. My local C made the switch in buggy designs a couple of years ago.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Hooks posted:

huh, i'll have to check there next time

i did get five pounds of almonds and walnuts though, for 1/3 of the price as my regular grocery spot. definitely gonna have to make freezer room for these.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

kreeningsons posted:

huh, i'll have to check there next time

i did get five pounds of almonds and walnuts though, for 1/3 of the price as my regular grocery spot. definitely gonna have to make freezer room for these.

It's in that place at my Costco too, and is a staple

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!
I like their tofu, seems like it never has a ton of excess water to press out of it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Head Bee Guy posted:

thread title

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I've never cooked with tofu before but figured it was worth a $6 adventure.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

SirPablo posted:

I've never cooked with tofu before but figured it was worth a $6 adventure.

Press it and treat it like lean pork or chicken. It’s great.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I use tofu all the time and I'm not a vegetarian or anything. Try mapo tofu it rules

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ultimate Mango posted:

Press it and treat it like lean pork or chicken. It’s great.

killer tofu?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

thread title

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
Hit up the church last Friday and discovered an early miracle. The pull apart cheese bread that seems to only come out at Christmas was in stock. It had different packaging and says it had garlic as well as cheese and herbs.
Also, the Junior's mini cheesecakes were in the freezer section again.

PBUC

Only registered members can see post attachments!