Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

NienNunb posted:

I bought this with my birthday money instead of Vice City one year.

you probalby made the right choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Duke Nukem to GameStop employee: Do you have any copies of Freaky Flyers? You know, the game with the *glances around store and starts talking louder* girl with big tits on the cover

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

my brother drove us around to a couple different eb games to find this the day it was released. it's the most disappointed either of us had ever been with a video game:

also rented this piece of poo poo a couple times as a kid because even though the game sucked i thought it was cool that you could shoot a guy playing piano in one of the levels

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had that Mission Impossible game, it was super ambitious and had some cool ideas for the time even if none of it was actually very good

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
It was one of those games that needed more controller than the n64 could provide. The iconic descent scene was rough, the top down perspective made determining if you were past the lasers almost impossible

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
mission impossible tried a lot of different things, it didn't really succeed at any of then though, but at least it was at least an interesting failure.

it also had a playable credits level where you could talk to the developers and get beaten to death by a bunch of immortal frenchmen. that's probably a bonus

tmfc posted:

my brother drove us around to a couple different eb games to find this the day it was released. it's the most disappointed either of us had ever been with a video game:

i found a blog post by one of the developers a while back, it sounds like the development of this one was kinda rough - rights holders forcing them to make it so that some characters couldn't attack others at the last minute, having to delete the springfield elementary level after columbine, producer quitting mid-project, simpsons writers sending them dialogue that was "too graphic and offensive for games" somehow, etc. etc.

quote:

If you're going to make a bad game, at least be happy that it made money! Bad games can teach a lot, and give you some funny stories

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

The Kins posted:

mission impossible tried a lot of different things, it didn't really succeed at any of then though, but at least it was at least an interesting failure.

it also had a playable credits level where you could talk to the developers and get beaten to death by a bunch of immortal frenchmen. that's probably a bonus

stuff like this is always cool

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
The mansion party level of mission impossible where you have to kill the lady in a red dress has stuck with me since I was a kid, I remember it being sort of creepy for some reason.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Tetramin posted:

The mansion party level of mission impossible where you have to kill the lady in a red dress has stuck with me since I was a kid, I remember it being sort of creepy for some reason.

maybe because it reminds you of the matrix and you became self aware of the simulation we are all forced to live in

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

It was pretty fun tbh

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

this looks badass

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It was the last new PS2 game I bought.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
mine was probably persona 4?

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

mine was probably persona 4?

Same

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

The worst part is my dad knew it was poo poo and tried to get me not to rent it but I didn't listen. I knew it would be the best game ever where you perfectly control one ninja sword with the wiimote and one with the nunchuk

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

This game was cool though. You got to see the enemy's heads on a spike when you beat them!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

And

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Boring ugly slog.

Some FMV games were tolerable, this was not one of them. It had an odd mix of trying to have accurate police tactics while at the same time having interesting missions, but failed at both. There were only three missions in the game that would have slightly different scenarios each time. Controls were through a bizarre wheel that mostly didn't work. This is the only game I know of that if you try to click past a mission briefing you've already seen your commander yells at you for being rude. Although watching game over videos of early 90s LAPD officers act horrified at the idea anyone in their ranks wouldn't have reverence for human life after you shoot them out of boredom is amusing.

Buying Mac games off the cover art can be wonderful if you are holding Myth Total Codex. Star Control 3, less so. If I had known what I was doing it might have been good but it was baffling.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i always forget that there's literally a star control 3. the creators of 2 hated it and had nothing to do with it and they were in the process of making a fourth one. i'm glad they got the rights back.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Tetramin posted:

it was a bit ominous because you are told that she knows about you and will try to kill you at the start of the mission or something similar. and she actually can at some point.

the music in that level was really well done. I liked mission impossible a lot despite its flaws, no regrets getting it as a dumbass kid.

roach coach
Feb 24, 2013
Toki

one underrated boss burped the word burp at you while you spat on his balls until he died

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

roach coach posted:

Toki

one underrated boss burped the word burp at you while you spat on his balls until he died

Was genuinely surprised to look this up and see it wasn't made in the UK

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

if it were made in the UK it would have been named Bamber's Spitting Bollocks! or some stupid poo poo like that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

roach coach posted:

Toki

Sounds like my ex-wife!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Sounds like my ex-wife!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Sounds like my ex-wife!

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002