Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Nenonen posted:

I was browsing a news site and just as I was closing the tab, the headline "Billioneer Elon Musk is dying" flashed through my eyes.

I raced to open the page again and read the headline again: "Billioneer Elon Musk: "Is Twitter dying?"" :doh::sigh:

Oh yeah he said that as a response for not having enough followers compared to say Obama or Justin Beiber and that they don't tweet much despite that many followers.

Musk is literally the 8th most followed account. The whiniest guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Platystemon posted:

“It’s a practical hat”, declares increasingly sunburned man.

imagine being a billionaire and not getting that eye mole removed

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1512946176244473863?t=l67_Lr0CU_RYUKleSaB1fQ&s=19

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

groundbreaking business idea from the world's richest genius, make people pay for a free product

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Cue 10,000 "Official Elon Musk Bitcoin" verified accounts.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
NGL im actually glad that elon bought twitter and plans to get zany w it

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

just let people pay $10 to buy someone else a twitter av and become the worlds first trillionaire

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

His first suggestion for Twitter is literally to make it worse and allow untold amounts of scamming and misinformation. It’s like his brain can only come up with bad ideas it’s amazing

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i really hope that twitter actually follows some of musk's stupid ideas. it'd be great if the company was destroyed.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

His first suggestion for Twitter is literally to make it worse and allow untold amounts of scamming and misinformation. It’s like his brain can only come up with bad ideas it’s amazing

bored people who are terminally online enough to value paying for a twitter membership fee are elon's demographic.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

:discourse:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dr. VooDoo posted:

it really can't be said enough that Elon is genuinely very stupid. Like not normal 'useless piece of poo poo but maybe they know one specific thing like investment returns alright' stupid most rich people are but he's actually just a really dumb person

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Rentseeking a free ("free" minus the data harvesting) service is dumb tech guy thinking 101. But he's right that there are enough terminally online broke brains out there to make it profitable.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Tesla and SpaceX are stuck with him but I am curious what the discussion in Twitters corporate legal group was. I cannot imagine they want to tolerate a board member openly musing about their business the way Musk will.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's so rich that his ideas must be good. if they seem insanely stupid and banal to us then that's just because we aren't on musk's level.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
well, he's the wealthiest man on earth and you presumably are not, so it's hard to argue with results, right?

look at telsa. they can barely even build cars, and not very many of them at that, and they're more successful than every other automaker on earth, combined. so who are we to say?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Crow Buddy posted:

Tesla and SpaceX are stuck with him but I am curious what the discussion in Twitters corporate legal group was. I cannot imagine they want to tolerate a board member openly musing about their business the way Musk will.

I don't understand why this matters at all though. He's got a 10% share right? Just let him do his dumb poo poo and his fans jerk off about how any day he's gonna fix Twitter and you can ignore him

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

sexpig by night posted:

I don't understand why this matters at all though.

it doesn't, this is a cspam thread

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Elon is turning Twitter into Reddit 3.0, skipping reddit 2.0 because 3s are for Web 3.0.

Blockchain archivals stored in a warehouse of cloud servers of his favorite memes in the artic core to keep it “chilled”

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

infernal machines posted:

it doesn't, this is a cspam thread

oh no I mean like how it's being treated in the media. Yea this thread is 100% the right place to post his dumb poo poo and go 'lol lookit this idiot'

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

oh no I mean like how it's being treated in the media.

oh, right. i guess we'd have to see how the media has treated every other bit of news relating to elon musk.

oh my.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

sexpig by night posted:

I don't understand why this matters at all though. He's got a 10% share right? Just let him do his dumb poo poo and his fans jerk off about how any day he's gonna fix Twitter and you can ignore him

Have to feel pity for the workers of the companies.
You have Professor Smart Person with decades of degrees, or a group, that thought of and came up with a new invention or discovery, spending years designing, ironing out quirks, perfecting it, and finally making it a reality, only for a habitually lying man child with an rear end wig on his head jump out and take all the glory for it.
I wonder how many of those 'I made this' meme comics float around their internal network.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

sexpig by night posted:

They did grant a board seat, and you know eventually he is going to openly muse about share valuations or make comments about rumoured acquisitions which will be illegal.

Obviously :matters:

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Crow Buddy posted:

They did grant a board seat, and you know eventually he is going to openly muse about share valuations or make comments about rumoured acquisitions which will be illegal.

Obviously :matters:

He might be looking to be paid to leave. Like what happened with PayPal.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Nothus posted:

Rentseeking a free ("free" minus the data harvesting) service is dumb tech guy thinking 101. But he's right that there are enough terminally online broke brains out there to make it profitable.

twitter blue already exists https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/twitter-blue

elon's contribution here is just suggesting you should get a checkmark for it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Trabisnikof posted:

twitter blue already exists https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/twitter-blue

elon's contribution here is just suggesting you should get a checkmark for it

quote:

An active Twitter Blue subscription gives you access to premium features like Undo Tweet. These features are available anywhere you use the Twitter account you purchased your subscription from. Check your Twitter Blue settings for the most up to date list of what's available on your device, or learn more about all the features available across all platforms at About Twitter Blue features.

lol it's just a way to pay to do a special Delete Tweet, can't imagine why it's not popular

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nothing makes a social media or internet site regain its popularity or once dominant position but sure throw paid features out there whatever

it’s great that when Musk said twitter is dying because Justin Bieber and T Swizzle no longer tweet and his followers say it’s because they are censoring the Hunter Biden story and banning Trump

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

sexpig by night posted:

lol it's just a way to pay to do a special Delete Tweet, can't imagine why it's not popular

it's not even that exciting, it just prevents the post from being seen by anyone during the window, so if you "undo" it it's the same as never posting it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

500 good dogs posted:

it's not even that exciting, it just prevents the post from being seen by anyone during the window, so if you "undo" it it's the same as never posting it

for the attention-seeking but undiscerning tweeter concerned about becoming main character of the day

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Paying for a check mark you’d end up with probably hundreds of Elon Musk knock off accounts suddenly with check marks asking people to give them Bitcoin or whatever and his idiot base would bankrupt themselves in a matter of days falling for it over and over :lol:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

“And then when you click Undo Tweet, thugs will go to the home of anyone who ‘dunked on’ or contributed to ‘ratio-ing’ and strike them with crowbars until they agree to delete their roasts and tweet instead that you are cool and handsome. This will be achieved through an app I’m coding called CRWBR that will allow you to hire starving gig workers to commit violent crimes on your behalf, but with an app for insulation from legal liability.”

“Mr. Elon, sir, this is the Tesla quarterly earnings presentation.”

“I don’t care”

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1513045405029711878

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

ok i love elon now

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

oh for fucks sake

https://twitter.com/aerialrose/status/1513143489181061130

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1513200041518768133
:ironicat:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Musk in a bad mood is going to be an even more fun experience.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Fuuuuuuuuuuck ooooooooofffffffffff

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol at treating Orwell like a serious thinker

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yessss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i say swears online posted:

for the attention-seeking but undiscerning tweeter concerned about becoming main character of the day

Yeah, might was well pay rent since you live there