Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I refuse to be talking bout Bugsna---

They literally just put this on gamepass as a flaunt, didn't they. Nobody wants this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

On April 28 Bugsnax officially becomes a bad game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sony in daring counter plan to launch PS Platinum with Lococycle and Crimson Dragon

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Are you a bad enough dude to become the Bugsnaxden Lord!?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

On April 28 Bugsnax officially becomes a bad game.

huh could have sworn that occured in november 2020

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

huh could have sworn that occured in november 2020

Yeah it was bad and now the game is good. Game of the year now probably.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Game Pass is great for when you can't tell whether posters are being ironic about the meme game or not

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I have literally never heard of this game

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
aids game. not me i am not the game and do not have aids.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

webmeister posted:

I have literally never heard of this game

I don't know anything about the game either I just think it's a funny name :justpost:

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Sincerely hyped for Bugsnax. I think you get to feed sentient beings to their friends? And it sounds like it takes an interesting turn near the end.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Zat posted:

You can do it right away after your Ultimate sub is expired, but the one month of Ultimate will cost you the full normal price ($15 instead of $1). It'll still convert Gold to GPU at a 1:1 rate.

Just got a series x and like a bonehead used a 3 month ultimate. As someone unfamiliar with all this and baffled by the articles I read can someone walk me through the best way to get the ultimate discount. Sounds like let the 3 month expire then buy a 12 month card (or more?) and I put them then once those are entered there will be an option to upgrade all the gold months to ultimate for 15 bucks?

I saw someone mention canceling their current ultimate time but not sure if that would work in my case

SilkyP fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 12, 2022

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I know of Bugsnax because of the PS thread. I remember everyone freaking out about the game when it was announced and I never figured out if they were being serious about it or just being memey.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Bugsnax is legit charming and fun.

Edit: I have it already on PC, but could see myself playing through again on xbox for some sweet, sweet gamerpoints.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

I know of Bugsnax because of the PS thread. I remember everyone freaking out about the game when it was announced and I never figured out if they were being serious about it or just being memey.

I feel the same way about whatever Knack is.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

SilkyP posted:

Just got a series x and like a bonehead used a 3 month ultimate. As someone unfamiliar with all this and baffled by the articles I read can someone walk me through the best way to get the ultimate discount. Sounds like let the 3 month expire then buy a 12 month card (or more?) and I put them then once those are entered there will be an option to upgrade all the gold months to ultimate for 15 bucks?

I saw someone mention canceling their current ultimate time but not sure if that would work in my case
Step 1 - gotta NOT have an active Game Pass subscription (so worst case you revisit this 3 months from now)
Step 2 - load up on Xbox Live Gold, any subscription amount up to 3 years
Step 3 - buy a month of GPU; you will be given the option to upgrade your existing Live Gold time 1:1

If you buy the Xbox Live Gold when you have an active GPU, it just converts it to the equivalent value of GamePass time (so a year of Gold only gets you like 4 months of GPU).

The way it worked for me yesterday was:
- canceled current GPU (might not be an option for everyone; I had the $1 new user thingy and was just a few days from it running out anyway)
- bought and redeemed 3 years of XBL Gold ($150 total via Newegg promotion)
- bought a month of GPU on Xbox.com for $15; it presented me with the upgrade option
- so in the end that's $55/year for GPU; actually less than the normal price for plain ol' XBL Gold. A drat steal!!!

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

SilkyP posted:

It’s really pretty simple. And also Minidust just made basically this exact post for you but gently caress it I already typed it so I’m gonna :justpost:

STEP 1: Don’t have an active Ultimate subscription
STEP 2: Stock up on Gold time
STEP 3: Sign up for Ultimate
STEP 4: That’s it

Slightly more in-depth explanations:
-You have to not have an Ultimate sub because otherwise applying Gold codes will immediately convert to Ultimate at a reduced rate.
-There’s no reason to try cancelling, just wait 3 months.
-12 month Gold codes aren’t sold directly by MS anymore, but can easily be bought for $50-60 from retailers. Newegg does a daily deal every few weeks. There’s a VPN option for even cheaper but I don’t care.
-There’s a limit of 36 months for Gold. Trying to apply a 12-month code when you have more than 24 months already won’t work. This is basically the only part that can go wrong unless you gently caress up the order of steps somehow.
-They might still offer you the $1 to sign up for Ultimate, otherwise it’ll be $15. Either way that’s the fee for the first month, and it’s supposed to be a $15/month after that, but all your Gold time will convert 1:1 to Ultimate time. The month will disappear into the aether if you’re at the 36 month limit but that’s a very small price to pay.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

SilkyP posted:

You basically paraphrased it, but yeah get the codes now if they're still on sale and once your gamepass lapses do the conversion.

SpiderLink posted:

If you're in the US:

- Go to Newegg and buy 3 12-month Xbox Live Gold codes for fifty bucks a pop while they're still on sale.

- Go to redeem.microsoft.com and make sure the right account is logged in, then redeem the codes.

- Go to https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold/upgrade and make sure the right account is logged in. Follow the instructions to convert your 3 years of Gold into 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate for $1 or $15.

There are cheaper but more complicated ways to do this.

If you're not in the US, I don't have any firsthand experience, sorry :(

That should about do it. While you're setting all of this up, you may as well sign up for Microsoft Rewards and the Xbox Ambassador program. Low effort way to earn Microsoft store credit which you can use on games or hardware, and the ambassador thing can get you 4 free 1-month Game Pass Ultimate codes a year if you do it right.

Remember that the conversion deal only works if you don't have an active GPU subscription. If you already do and try to redeem a code for a lesser sub, it won't convert at a 1:1 rate and won't be worth it. Once you have your three years ready, you can keep tabs on online sales for actual GPU codes. I think CDKeys had 3 months for 26 bucks today.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Minidust posted:

Step 1 - gotta NOT have an active Game Pass subscription (so worst case you revisit this 3 months from now)
Step 2 - load up on Xbox Live Gold, any subscription amount up to 3 years
Step 3 - buy a month of GPU; you will be given the option to upgrade your existing Live Gold time 1:1

If you buy the Xbox Live Gold when you have an active GPU, it just converts it to the equivalent value of GamePass time (so a year of Gold only gets you like 4 months of GPU).

The way it worked for me yesterday was:
- canceled current GPU (might not be an option for everyone; I had the $1 new user thingy and was just a few days from it running out anyway)
- bought and redeemed 3 years of XBL Gold ($150 total via Newegg promotion)
- bought a month of GPU on Xbox.com for $15; it presented me with the upgrade option
- so in the end that's $55/year for GPU; actually less than the normal price for plain ol' XBL Gold. A drat steal!!!

it's not as good a discount as this, but a bit simpler: 3-month Game Pass Ultimate cards usually go on sale for about $25 for Black Friday (a 45% discount), so I've stocked up on those a few times during the holidays

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

John F Bennett posted:

They're a depraved people. The game sucks.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

John F Bennett posted:

Lol same. The thread was hyping it because there was literally nothing else on the console at the time, so people had to stay positive and pretend it was noteworthy.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

elf help book posted:

They're a depraved people. The game sucks.

What are you talking about, this is a stone cold classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDWduJOTKDQ

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I bought Chrono Cross remaster and am lost in 2000 nostalgia which I assume will wear off soon because drat this game is jankier then I remember.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I bought Chrono Cross remaster and am lost in 2000 nostalgia which I assume will wear off soon because drat this game is jankier then I remember.

Yeah I don't remember combat being that much of a slog

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So they had a game pass quest for Firewatch where you have take 300 steps. drat just the prologue of the game depresses you.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Minidust posted:

Game Pass is great for when you can't tell whether posters are being ironic about the meme game or not

Well you see, Bugsnax is like a 1/10 PS5 launch title, which is why they've been allowed to port it all over the place because Sony is desperate to pull a profit on it. However any game on game pass is automatically 4-5 points better for being free, so I'm gonna go ahead and say Bugsnax is a solid 7/10 indie treasure.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bugsnax was made by Young Horses, who released Octodad, a PS4 launch title. Octodad eventually got ported to PC, Xbox One, Switch, and I think even Wii U. Bugsnax was always destined to be a timed exclusive.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Nuts and Gum posted:

Lol same. The thread was hyping it because there was literally nothing else on the console at the time, so people had to stay positive and pretend it was noteworthy.

it has a strawberry with googly eyes that crawls around and if you eat it your limbs turn into more strawberries

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Barry Convex posted:

it has a strawberry with googly eyes that crawls around and if you eat it your limbs turn into more strawberries

welp guess Im gonna try out bugsnax!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lammasu posted:

So they had a game pass quest for Firewatch where you have take 300 steps. drat just the prologue of the game depresses you.

It looked pretty good from the trailer. What's depressing?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it’s depressingly borin!

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

It looked pretty good from the trailer. What's depressing?

The setup is a guy whose life isn't going so hot trying to find himself. I don't think it's a terribly depressing game, but it might hit differently depending on who you are.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Detective No. 27 posted:

Bugsnax was made by Young Horses, who released Octodad, a PS4 launch title. Octodad eventually got ported to PC, Xbox One, Switch, and I think even Wii U. Bugsnax was always destined to be a timed exclusive.

There's no need to carry water for Soyny

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Yeah, the guy in Firewatch isn't loving off to the woods because everything in his life is going great.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Firewatch has some downer stuff in it but I didn't find it depressing overall, mostly just chill and slow paced. But also the idea of taking a season off from life and living in a hut in the mountains sounds cool to me.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I would unironically rather play Bugsnax than Elden Ring.

and Im going to.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Laserface posted:

and Im going to.

:nod:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

The remaster runs at a lower framerate than the original version.

You can literally get it running 60fps via emulator on your xbox so SE hosed up amazingly

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Laserface posted:

and Im going to.

You should be put in jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Laserface posted:

and Im going to.

I've played about 2 hours of Elden Ring. I'm naked except for underwear, I have a club, finally bought a shield, I can barely kill anything and there's almost no one to talk to and I don't really know what the gently caress I'm supposed to be doing. I know I can check 10 thousand articles on the internet but I'd be nice if the game gave me some kind of loving guidance in the actual game.