Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
NIKKKOOOOOOOOOO
JUSSSTTTIIICCCEEE

Laughed at them yelling at each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh, also, there was this side chapter that was really nice and just makes me sad that 1/2 of them are dead now. Poor Liu...

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/t2SFv5s/1/1/

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Whose that guy Liu fought in his debut match. You'd think I'd remember the strongest fighter in Purgatory or at least that the story would. It's not like the guy ate a crushing defeat and disappeared from the plot entirely after 80 chapters of buildup right... Right?

Char
Jan 5, 2013
New chapter.
https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/eZ5wYD/chapter-151/
Xia ! Don't die!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh, so THAT'S what we heading towards huh

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
oh hey it's blonde Ohma and blonde Niko. As worms, better hope one of them doesn't slip and drown in the pond

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Please make Xia the new protagonist.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
xia as the protagonist of a romcom, go!

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Looks like season 2 of the KA anime is on the way

https://twitter.com/NetflixAnime/status/1506646952338931722

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Xia never dies

He has infinite clones

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Idk how I feel about this new escalation. On one hand, It kind of makes sense that everyone is being concerned about a secret organization that does terrorist attacks and can create perfect clone of people and infiltrated probably every single place on Earth. On the other hand, I feel Kengan series isn't really bombastic and outlandish enough to sell the whole world being laser-focused on bunch dudes whose main purpose is "be able to punch good". In Baki, it makes perfect sense that there is a whole satellite network with sole purpose of monitoring Yuujiros every step, because it's the matter of global security. In comparison, I remain unconvinced about the whole "International alliance to stop Worm" thing, despite there being a relatively good reason for it.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I was somehow actually taken aback and let out an audible chuckle at the name card of Colonel Sanders.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Father is black Walter White

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Mary Annette posted:

I am willing to forgive a LOT in exchange for some meaningful comeuppance for Murdercop.

Well, gently caress. Surely, next time-

Char
Jan 5, 2013
https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/oKQXgD/chapter-152/

What do they mean, Xia Ji can actually fight if he wants to? :allears:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Can't help but cheer for Xia Ji.

Guess the Worm wasn't actually important!

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I love Xia more and more.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Xia Ji's gonna destroy the Kengan Association by becoming the head of it, thus ensuring everyone below him dies an excruciating death

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Can't believe the cockroach loser is getting hyped up.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Char posted:

I think that Xia and his brother both have incredible genetics behind them but Ji got the meek and spiteful personality instead of being dominant and calculating like his brother Yan. So that would explain why he's so hard to kill and so resilient, but also why he's such a clown. Odds are when the chips are truly down he either has another personality change or he just acts on instinct and that makes him really dangerous.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Make Xia Ji the new protagonist already. :colbert:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

Make Xia Ji the new protagonist already. :colbert:

Xia Ji is the protagonist of my heart.

I wonder if the Worms true already fulfilled purpose isn't going to be really dumb?

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I think it's smart to make Xia somewhat important/strong, seeing as he's the villain we spent most time with (outside of maybe Setsuna).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm curious why the leader of the Worm says he's dismantling the (current) Worm for the Connector's sake.

Just what is their objective??? Are they gonna make a new Worm after this????

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Char posted:

He has untapped potential and keeps doing Limit Breaks to push himself to that level but he can't keep it up.

He's basically young Gohan struggling to become a Super Saiyan right now.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm curious why the leader of the Worm says he's dismantling the (current) Worm for the Connector's sake.

So far their actions are 1. cutting edge genetics research. 2. Assist Neko Niko with his weird test subject students in exchange for ??? 3. send that one horse wrestler guy to keep Goah dirty by making him kill him 4. Bomb italy and be general miscreants around the world? and finally 5. keep hassling the Kengan association for some reason?

My guess is that this poo poo is getting made up as they go along so the final product they're working toward will be nonsensical in the means of it's manufacture!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my guess is that they've read baki and think it'd be neat to make a yuujiro. why is any of this necessary to make that happen? who knows! it makes about as much sense as yuujiro hanma in general.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brought To You By posted:

I think that Xia and his brother both have incredible genetics behind them but Ji got the meek and spiteful personality instead of being dominant and calculating like his brother Yan. So that would explain why he's so hard to kill and so resilient, but also why he's such a clown. Odds are when the chips are truly down he either has another personality change or he just acts on instinct and that makes him really dangerous.

Yeah whenever he’s been close to death he always pull off a miraculous escape that even top tier fighters are surprised at. He’s just too much of a coward to actually get serious before that
I’m guessing he’ll take down a named character(maybe Kokuro? If that guy hasn’t jobbed enough) and then go out in a blaze of glory against Koga while spiting his brother.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 31, 2022

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

my guess is that they've read baki and think it'd be neat to make a yuujiro. why is any of this necessary to make that happen? who knows! it makes about as much sense as yuujiro hanma in general.

Except Yuujiro has been around since the start

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

If the Worm's leadership has some ultimate end goal that they're directing the resources and manpower of "the Worm" as an organization toward, then they might not need that organization after they've accomplished that goal.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/DM6Vne/chapter-153/

Please give my boy Ryo a win, I want him to get some Ws badly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/DM6Vne/chapter-153/

Please give my boy Ryo a win, I want him to get some Ws badly.

Even if he wasn’t the OG jobber it doesn’t look good

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I have faith that Xia Ji is going to survive this.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

Even if he wasn’t the OG jobber it doesn’t look good

I had to hold back a pretty hard chuckle when I realized just who was confronting Xia the chapter directly after his brother said he was actually pretty drat strong. It's not looking good here.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Tbf, "hating Worm" is like one of the main character traits for Himuro, so it's nice he is finally fighting one. Even if he will lose.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't remember why Himuro hates the Worm.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Tbf, "hating Worm" is like one of the main character traits for Himuro, so it's nice he is finally fighting one. Even if he will lose.

Also Himuro's main trait is being the only one of the 4 Idiots to be popular with ladies.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I don't think it was ever explained? IIRC he is from the same weird hellish lawless zone Ohma and Setsuna came from, inexplicably knows about Worm, hates them and that's kinda it?

I guess we will see why in the required power-up flashback, once the fight gets going. At least I hope he won't job so hard he won't even get the flashback. :ohdear:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/DOjQgk/chapter-154/

Xia Ji scaling a building while screaming was the perfect combination of impressive and hilarious.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

thank god himuro didn't job lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Only when they have actually taken all his power restraint knives away will Xia's true might awaken.

Might take a bit.