Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i'm still alive. rough few weeks. i will update my dispatches depending on what government websites are still working. working on training crows to send messages. under the gentle but firm tutelage of the goth sex workers im sure this plan can only succeed

:patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i'm still alive. rough few weeks. i will update my dispatches depending on what government websites are still working. working on training crows to send messages. under the gentle but firm tutelage of the goth sex workers im sure this plan can only succeed

Slava Ukraine!

RunningOnEmpty
Nov 1, 2005
Because I work hard for the money...bitch.
gonna guess the good equipment got traded for vodka and turnips and the rest was just thrown in a corner someplace for the mice to play with. 'like we are ever going to need this stuff, dmitry, just leave it over there'

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

gently caress, are the Ukrainians playing Dungeons and Dragons now too

More evidence of the satanic influence :thunk:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

KitConstantine posted:

Meanwhile in Kyiv
https://twitter.com/shustry/status/1514922743619362821?t=aSUr62ej35Swz2lXC2abpQ&s=19
(Fun little thread about the city coming back to life but dancing guy is the highlight)

We need a follow-up story on the cat cafe

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1514773641304502272?t=xNvV0m5t2vHVdQfTui6NnA&s=19
Couple extra pictures of the gear. Have no idea how badly you have to store them to look like that. Outside I guess? Don't know how else you get that sun bleached look on them.
Now I get it, these are distressed gear for the cool kids. Ok ok. :c00lbutt:

Edit: Or, maybe Putin ordered Kadyrov to dig up couple of mass graves in Chechen to get to that sweet sweet gear. Some of the stuff looks similar that they had there. :zpatriot:

Captain Kosmos fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 15, 2022

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

gently caress's sake, the whole world is going Satan crazy

How is this the third god drat millennium A D

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

spacetoaster posted:

Not if you're wearing an appropriate plate carrier.

That's not true at all. Steel plates are super dangerous and unless the plate carrier is made of kevlar it isn't going to deflect the spall away from your neck or groin and pretty much the only people who say otherwise work for AR500 or get a lot of money to shill forthem.

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 15, 2022

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Data Graham posted:

How is this the third god drat millennium A D

it's kind of baked into our stupid culture with the A D part.

do your bit by consistently using CE instead.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
So, the story about recycled bloodsoaked vests were yet another fake news! They were just giant rust stains on grossly mistreated old pieces of poo poo.
Well, that should improve troop morale right away!

Tbh, I would prefer a wartorn but relatively new vest to those piles of disintegrating fibers.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Did you capture Medvechuk? Lol

RunningOnEmpty
Nov 1, 2005

Captain Kosmos posted:

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1514773641304502272?t=xNvV0m5t2vHVdQfTui6NnA&s=19
Couple extra pictures of the gear. Have no idea how badly you have to store them to look like that. Outside I guess? Don't know how else you get that sun bleached look on them.

those look like they have been taken out of a dumpster. water and sun damage, used, heavily worn out, old equipment that was sitting outside for a long time.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

frumpykvetchbot posted:

it's kind of baked into our stupid culture with the A D part.

do your bit by consistently using CE instead.

I was overcome with irony as I typed that, my fingers were tingling it was weird

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Dongsturm posted:

Bizarrely, this is the poo poo that is messing with my head. I've seen so many different wars reported (on TV, etc) that nothing coming out of Ukraine really surprises me. None of it is new, it's just filmed in better quality than before. And I'm used to both sides claiming that the other are baby eating monsters, that's traditional by now.

But pretending that there isn't a war happening while almost half a million soldiers are busy killing each other is definitely new for me, and it's loving loony

"Soldiers ambushed a tank column"

"That never happened"

"Hundreds of civilians murdered"

"They killed themselves"

"Missile frigate was ..."

"We didn't want it so we sank it ourselves!"

This poo poo used to be on comedy shows and now it's real.

[Dimtry Peskov:] It's a great pleasure, thank you.

[Interviewer:] This warship that was involved in the incident off Odessa this week...

[Dimtry Peskov:] Yeah, the one the bottom fell off?

[Interviewer:] Yeah

[Dimtry Peskov:] That's not very typical, I'd like to make that point.

[Interviewer:] Well, how is it untypical?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, there are a lot of these warships going around the world all the time, and very seldom does anything like this happen ... I just don't want people thinking that cruisers aren't safe.

[Interviewer:] Was this cruiser safe?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well I was thinking more about the other ones...

[Interviewer:] The ones that are safe...

[Dimtry Peskov:] Yeah... the ones the bottom doesn't fall off.

[Interviewer:] Well, if this wasn't safe, why did it have 8,000 tonnes of missiles on it?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, I'm not saying it wasn't safe, it's just perhaps not quite as safe as some of the other ones.

[Interviewer:] Why?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, some of them are built so the bottom doesn't fall off at all.

[Interviewer:] Wasn't this built so the bottom wouldn't fall off?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, obviously not.

[Interviewer:] How do you know?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, ‘cause the bottom fell off, and 8,000 tons of missiles exploded, caught fire. It's a bit of a give-away. I would just like to make the point that that is not normal.

[Interviewer:] Well, what sort of standards are these missile cruisers built to?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Oh, very rigorous ... maritime engineering standards.

[Interviewer:] What sort of things?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well the bottom's not supposed to fall off, for a start.

[Interviewer:] And what other things?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, there are ... regulations governing the materials they can be made of

[Interviewer:] What materials?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, cardboard's out

[Interviewer:] And?

[Dimtry Peskov:] ... No cardboard derivatives...

[Interviewer:] Like paper?

[Dimtry Peskov:]. ... No paper, no string, no cellotape. ...

[Interviewer:] Rubber?

[Dimtry Peskov:] No, rubber's out .. Um, They've got to have a steering wheel. There's a minimum crew requirement

[Interviewer:] What's the minimum crew?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Oh... one, I suppose.

[Interviewer:] So, the allegations that they are just designed to carry as many missiles as possible and to hell with the consequences, I mean that's ludicrous...

[Dimtry Peskov:] Ludicrous, absolutely ludicrous. These are very, very strong vessels

[Interviewer:] So what happened in this case?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, the bottom fell off in this case by all means, but that's very unusual.

[Interviewer:] But Mr. Peskov, why did the bottom bit fall off?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, an anti-ship missile hit it.

[Interviewer:] An anti-ship missile hit it?

[Dimtry Peskov:] An anti-ship missile hit the warship.

[Interviewer:] Is that unusual?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Oh, yeah... At war? Chance in a million.

[Interviewer:] So what do you do to protect the crewmen in cases like this?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, the cruiser was flooded to put out the fire

[Interviewer:] Flooded and sank...

[Dimtry Peskov:] No, no, no. it's been flooded, it did not sink

[Interviewer:] Yeah, but it went underwater

[Dimtry Peskov:] No, it's filled with water, it's not underwater. It's not in the sea.

[Interviewer:] Well, what's in the seas?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Nothing's in the sea...

[Interviewer:] Well there must be something in the sea.

[Dimtry Peskov:] There is nothing out there... all there is - is water... and birds... and fish

[Dimtry Peskov:] And 500 dead crewmen

[Interviewer:] And what else?

[Dimtry Peskov:] And 8,000 blown up missiles

[Interviewer:] And anything else?

[Dimtry Peskov:] And the part of the warship that the bottom fell off, but there's nothing else out there.

[Interviewer:] Dimtry Peskov, thanks for joining us.

[Dimtry Peskov:] It's a complete void

[Interviewer:] Yeah, we're out time

[Dimtry Peskov:] The war's perfectly safe. .... We're out of time?.. Can you book me a cab?

[Interviewer:] But didn't you come in a FSB car?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Yes, I did, but-

[Interviewer:] What happened?

[Dimtry Peskov:] The bottom fell off

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Power Khan posted:

Did you capture Medvechuk? Lol

:) his wife is nice

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Data Graham posted:

Lol what a bunch of dreamers, if it reached from Dover to Berlin it would have been over 600 miles long

I was joking. It's just that it was like the third or fourth longest tank ever built, without the excuse of it being made in WW1.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I was joking. It's just that it was like the third or fourth longest tank ever built, without the excuse of it being made in WW1.

Oh, I thought I was joking too, i.e I thought you meant the purpose of being long was that it would have enough fuel to reach Berlin from a landing craft and be long enough to cross small rivers etc

I have bayraktar'd myself

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

NihilCredo posted:

[Dimtry Peskov:] It's a great pleasure, thank you.

[Interviewer:] This warship that was involved in the incident off Odessa this week...

[Dimtry Peskov:] Yeah, the one the bottom fell off?

[Interviewer:] Yeah

[Dimtry Peskov:] That's not very typical, I'd like to make that point.

[Interviewer:] Well, how is it untypical?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, there are a lot of these warships going around the world all the time, and very seldom does anything like this happen ... I just don't want people thinking that cruisers aren't safe.

[Interviewer:] Was this cruiser safe?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well I was thinking more about the other ones...

[Interviewer:] The ones that are safe...

[Dimtry Peskov:] Yeah... the ones the bottom doesn't fall off.

[Interviewer:] Well, if this wasn't safe, why did it have 8,000 tonnes of missiles on it?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, I'm not saying it wasn't safe, it's just perhaps not quite as safe as some of the other ones.

[Interviewer:] Why?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, some of them are built so the bottom doesn't fall off at all.

[Interviewer:] Wasn't this built so the bottom wouldn't fall off?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, obviously not.

[Interviewer:] How do you know?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, ‘cause the bottom fell off, and 8,000 tons of missiles exploded, caught fire. It's a bit of a give-away. I would just like to make the point that that is not normal.

[Interviewer:] Well, what sort of standards are these missile cruisers built to?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Oh, very rigorous ... maritime engineering standards.

[Interviewer:] What sort of things?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well the bottom's not supposed to fall off, for a start.

[Interviewer:] And what other things?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, there are ... regulations governing the materials they can be made of

[Interviewer:] What materials?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, cardboard's out

[Dimtry Peskov:] ... No cardboard derivatives...

[Interviewer:] Like paper?

[Dimtry Peskov:]. ... No paper, no string, no cellotape. ...

[Interviewer:] Rubber?

[Dimtry Peskov:] No, rubber's out .. Um, They've got to have a steering wheel. There's a minimum crew requirement

[Interviewer:] What's the minimum crew?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Oh... one, I suppose.

[Interviewer:] So, the allegations that they are just designed to carry as many missiles as possible and to hell with the consequences, I mean that's ludicrous...

[Dimtry Peskov:] Ludicrous, absolutely ludicrous. These are very, very strong vessels

[Interviewer:] So what happened in this case?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, the bottom fell off in this case by all means, but that's very unusual.

[Interviewer:] But Mr. Peskov, why did the bottom bit fall off?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, an anti-ship missile hit it.

[Interviewer:] An anti-ship missile hit it?

[Dimtry Peskov:] An anti-ship missile hit the warship.

[Interviewer:] Is that unusual?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Oh, yeah... At war? Chance in a million.

[Interviewer:] So what do you do to protect the crewmen in cases like this?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Well, the cruiser was flooded to put out the fire

[Interviewer:] Flooded and sank...

[Dimtry Peskov:] No, no, no. it's been flooded, it did not sink

[Interviewer:] Yeah, but it went underwater

[Dimtry Peskov:] No, it's filled with water, it's not underwater. It's not in the sea.

[Interviewer:] Well, what's in the seas?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Nothing's in the sea...

[Interviewer:] Well there must be something in the sea.

[Dimtry Peskov:] There is nothing out there... all there is - is water... and birds... and fish

[Dimtry Peskov:] And 500 dead crewmen

[Interviewer:] And what else?

[Dimtry Peskov:] And 8,000 blown up missiles

[Interviewer:] And anything else?

[Dimtry Peskov:] And the part of the warship that the bottom fell off, but there's nothing else out there.

[Interviewer:] Dimtry Peskov, thanks for joining us.

[Dimtry Peskov:] It's a complete void

[Interviewer:] Yeah, we're out time

[Dimtry Peskov:] The war's perfectly safe. .... We're out of time?.. Can you book me a cab?

[Interviewer:] But didn't you come in a FSB car?

[Dimtry Peskov:] Yes, I did, but-

[Interviewer:] What happened?

[Dimtry Peskov:] The bottom fell off

Big Clarke & Dawe vibes here :five:

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

If that thing had ever seen service, I bet the standard loadout for it would have included a proper tea kettle and a comfy chair in the officers' mess.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

lol the Calumet Wolverines' team colors are blue and yellow

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Captain Kosmos posted:

Edit: Or, maybe Putin ordered Kadyrov to dig up couple of mass graves in Chechen to get to that sweet sweet gear. Some of the stuff looks similar that they had there. :zpatriot:

They keep their other gear in wooden crates right? Maybe sitting in the same wooden crates they arrived at some depot 20 years ago, exposed to elements without getting inspected?

edit:

There's been an update on the Moskva;

The CO, Anton Kuprin, died from an acute case of explosion. He was also the man who gave the order to fire on Snake Island, incidentally.

Additionally; 442 of the ship's crew are presently unaccounted for.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 15, 2022

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

frumpykvetchbot posted:

If that thing had ever seen service, I bet the standard loadout for it would have included a proper tea kettle and a comfy chair in the officers' mess.

Pretty sure Challengers have a kettle.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Zippy the Bummer posted:

#blessed

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

she still chewing the same gum lol

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Zippy the Bummer posted:

zippy I love you

RunningOnEmpty
Nov 1, 2005

Roblo posted:

Pretty sure Challengers have a kettle.

the centurion had the first

check this out: turns out British tank crews kept getting ambushed leaving their vehicles to make tea, or at least boiling water for various reasons.

https://warisboring.com/the-british-perfected-the-art-of-brewing-tea-inside-an-armored-vehicle/

https://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/this-is-why-every-armored-vehicle-has-british-tea-making-gear/

RunningOnEmpty fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Apr 15, 2022

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They keep their other gear in wooden crates right? Maybe sitting in the same wooden crates they arrived at some depot 20 years ago, exposed to elements without getting inspected?
Wonder if somehow gear meant for trash ended there. Like once in the army we got the water that was used to soak the peas and on the peasoup. That was one delicious slightly green water with some pea skins.
But it's Russia and everything is possible, also it could be just propaganda.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

edit:

There's been an update on the Moskva;

The CO, Anton Kuprin, died from an acute case of explosion. He was also the man who gave the order to fire on Snake Island, incidentally.

Additionally; 442 of the ship's crew are presently unaccounted for.

There was also this from opposition politician

And this
https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1514948701072019461?t=T3UdK3CbM1v2894TkorQ4g&s=19
They are probably hosed up.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Alan Smithee posted:

she still chewing the same gum lol

Due to sanctions, she has been forced to chew the same piece since February 24. It has no flavor left in it. :(

William Bear fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 15, 2022

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

:peanut:

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Captain Kosmos posted:

Wonder if somehow gear meant for trash ended there. Like once in the army we got the water that was used to soak the peas and on the peasoup. That was one delicious slightly green water with some pea skins.

And this
https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1514948701072019461?t=T3UdK3CbM1v2894TkorQ4g&s=19

If Ukraine didn't hit it with missles I think I know what happened.

The Russian sailors forgot to open the latch on the missle pods when they tried to fire them off.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

loving Moron posted:

The Russian sailors forgot to open the latch on the missle pods when they tried to fire them off.

You'd think that would be automated or prevented mechanically.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

loving Moron posted:

I like to think there was some Leslie Nielsen situation where it started from something simple and escalated to the whole ship being on fire and later sinking.

Or something like this.

https://twitter.com/TheOliverStone/status/1514646333042294785?t=HVUK2bcp0PZHwMVF9hoA6Q&s=19
Oliver Stone has some hardcore brainworms huh?

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Someone recorded his very last order (caution, harsh language):

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The Walrus posted:

hm, trojan still in the country. don't worry about it putin. is fine.

THE UKRAINIANS gave us a horse as a gift, asking we not own them any further

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

I remember hearing that Oliver Stone had become a Russian asset years ago. Very unsurprising to see him doing that.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

loving Moron posted:

I'm imagining a grim slapstick scenario where the missiles are spotted, Moskva attempts to fire interceptor missiles but the hatches on the VLS are rusted closed, starting the fire. Moskva then tries to engage with CIWS, but use the gun on the wrong side so it slews around and unloads into the superstructure.

Both Neptune missiles go into their terminal homing phase, see what's happened and veer off to ditch.

A bunch of Russian sailors know what anti-ship missiles laughing sounds like, but they've taken that secret to Davy Jones's locker.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Captain Kosmos posted:

I like to think there was some Leslie Nielsen situation where it started from something simple and escalated to the whole ship being on fire and later sinking.

Or something like this.

https://twitter.com/TheOliverStone/status/1514646333042294785?t=HVUK2bcp0PZHwMVF9hoA6Q&s=19

i'm just sort of baffled, like, is the theory that ukraine were concerned the world wasn't mad enough about russia, so staged an elaborate and incredibly murderous hoax to really seal the deal?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Captain Kosmos posted:

Or something like this.

oh cool this stupid piece of poo poo is back.

Captain Kosmos posted:

And this

not exactly shocked. if the missile hit the ammo cache and a gently caress ton of the ammo was top/mid decks... then they hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
"Well since the publicly released satellite footage does not have a timestamp, it is clear that Ukrainians went behind enemy lines and executed their own civilians" - Me, certified brain genius