Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I don't understand where the nutmeg mem came from but god drat they make me laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

DACK FAYDEN posted:

hey now

Morbius the Living Vampire was in the old 90s cartoon but with censorship so he
1) had suckers on the palm of his hands instead of biting people
2) shouted "I hunger for PLASMA" because he couldn't drink blood

which actually made him approximately ten times creepier

But he still had sharp teeth for some reason. Comic books!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I don't understand where the nutmeg mem came from but god drat they make me laugh

This video explains it all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzUR8qUZ5VI

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the man loves nutmeg

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

hawowanlawow posted:

People in the 18th century loved nutmeg

FTFY

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Why can't this thread be called the meem thread, like just once, just for fun

Post Your Favorite: Derail Valley > just for fun, if you know what I meem ;​)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I jsut start deleting system processes and apps instead

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I guess I am just very innocent or sheltered because my first thought was "oh obviously they are the silhouettes of primitive arrowheads or fish hooks" and even knowing that I guess they're supposed to look like dildos, I'm like...but wouldn't all those points be uncomfortable? :confused:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

No see usually they're designed such that the ridges and points aren't anything like that pronounced or recurved, it's just surface detail that — uh I mean yeah probably

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Is the British monarch not dead? And I had this all cued up

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

gleebster posted:

Is the British monarch not dead? And I had this all cued up

A suitable sacrifice was found and now she shall live in glory for another few months

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
She's been dead a year or so at this point.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Now I gotta change the end date and find two other monarchs. Who's king of Malaysia this decade?

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
I was promised a new queen phase, dammit.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Muscles Bonito posted:

How much more do you need her to do

As monarchs go she has probably been the least bad for Ireland to be fair, mostly owing to be the first one for a while who didn't have anything to do with it.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

As monarchs go she has probably been the least bad for Ireland to be fair, mostly owing to be the first one for a while who didn't have anything to do with anything

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The queen's christmas speech is an act of terrorism.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I just like looking at meems

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

then why are you in the thread for talking about british food?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

the flavors and aromas of the eighteenth century demand nutmeg

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

hawowanlawow posted:

the flavors and aromas of the eighteenth century committed genocide for nutmeg

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Now now, we don't talk about what is and isn't genocide on these forums

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DACK FAYDEN posted:

hey now

Morbius the Living Vampire was in the old 90s cartoon but with censorship so he
1) had suckers on the palm of his hands instead of biting people
2) shouted "I hunger for PLASMA" because he couldn't drink blood

which actually made him approximately ten times creepier

Ah yes, vampires, that thing children definitely aren't aware of and we must censor

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The entire reason Morbius was invented was because Marvel wanted to test the limits of the comics code censorship. The comics code was created in the mid 50s essentially to kill the then dominant crime and horror comics to prevent them from corrupting children with all the lurid gory violence, implied sex, and supernatural terror. As such part of the code was a blanket ban on depicting "walking dead, torture, vampires and vampirism, ghouls, cannibalism, and werewolfism". The code was being relaxed and revised in the early 70s and to test the waters Marvel created Morbius, who was a vampire but not undead and thus in a bit of a gray area, and when they got away with that they launched a bunch of horror comics including Tomb of Dracula, Werewolf by Night, The Monster of Frankenstein, and Ghost Rider.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

They were downright flaunting it after a point, with Damian Hellstrom-- Son of Satan.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Morbius is a bad movie but the character's existence did lead to this dope Spider-Man picture getting made at least.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/644653829945819159/963088549731762186/839061_tak-jest_1.mp4
https://twitter.com/kamalameme/status/1501624231662178315

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

RareAcumen posted:

Morbius is a bad movie but the character's existence did lead to this dope Spider-Man picture getting made at least.

I think you're getting your lame spider man villains mixed up, Morlun wishes he was as cool as Morbius.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah Morlun makes Morbius look at least as cool as Molten Man or Man-Wolf, but not quite as cool as Mysterio.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Kind of unfair, nobody is on Mysterio's level.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
There was that great Mysterio boss fight, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1MZIU_feIk&t=36s

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

mind the walrus posted:

They were downright flaunting it after a point, with Damian Hellstrom-- Son of Satan.

I like Satana the Devil's Daughter from '73 where the second page of the first story is a full page of two dead children and the decapitated corpse of their father with his head on a spike inside a magic circle.

Though that was published in a magazine instead of a comic book so it didn't count as a comic and as such didn't fall under the code.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

I think you're getting your lame spider man villains mixed up, Morlun wishes he was as cool as Morbius.

I definitely am. Without labels to tell me otherwise, I just assumed that was Morbius.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Eric Powell took it to the furthest extreme decades later with a comic called Satan's Sodomy Baby.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

is this a reference I don't get or just funy man trumpet slam
(I have no problem with it being the latter)

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

sarcastx posted:

is this a reference I don't get or just funy man trumpet slam
(I have no problem with it being the latter)

It's been a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgHW02YF50s

:corsair:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

drat, they aged over the last 10 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

who hasn't