Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There is room in this world for both cakes and pies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Gaius Marius posted:

Stop buying cakes. You don't need a cake for easter it's not a thing

But when else can I get both butter and cake shaped like a lamb?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Went to get a pot pie from the deli to feed visiting family and there was just shepard's pie (with beef??!). When I was walking out the receipt checker asked if I couldn't find anything and when I said pot pie she mentioned she'd seen some Marie Calendars walk out the door. When I said "oh no the deli pies" she gave a knowing nod and (I kid you not) touched the side of her nose like we were in on a conspiracy commiserating about not having the good chicken pot pie

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

MarcusSA posted:

There is room in this world for both cakes and pies.

Shortys caked up so she gets pies.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Tea and cake or death!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I bought a 2lb Tillamook cheese block. I know I bought this because I double checked my receipt. The only loving problem is, it is no where to be found. I cannot find this 2lb cheese block. What the gently caress

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Accidentally left in the cart?

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Rolled under a car seat?

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES

topenga posted:

Hit up the church last Friday and discovered an early miracle. The pull apart cheese bread that seems to only come out at Christmas was in stock. It had different packaging and says it had garlic as well as cheese and herbs.
Also, the Junior's mini cheesecakes were in the freezer section again.

PBUC

This stuff sucks, IMO. I desperately wanted it to be good - but the bread is tasteless and the cheese isn't great.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Cozmosis posted:

This stuff sucks, IMO. I desperately wanted it to be good - but the bread is tasteless and the cheese isn't great.

The Motor City Pizza Co. breadsticks are better

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Cozmosis posted:

:agreed: and as I mentioned before the worst part is there are 2 of them so after having the first you gotta decide if you are gonna force yourself to eat the second or just chuck it.

I guess you could return it but I’m not a food returner guy.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Goodpancakes posted:

I bought a 2lb Tillamook cheese block. I know I bought this because I double checked my receipt. The only loving problem is, it is no where to be found. I cannot find this 2lb cheese block. What the gently caress

A few weeks ago when I brought our cart to the return zone in the parking lot there was a bin of cashews just chilling in another cart with nobody around. I assume since the lid was red and the carts have red on them a boomer (I'm in Florida) just didn't see it and left them behind.
Does this 2lb Tillamook cheese have red on it?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tiny Timbs posted:

Aren’t you the air fryer cop

Cops get paid, I serve the people for free, I don't use the term Hero very often, but when I do It's always in reference to myself

MarcusSA posted:

The hell kinda advice is this??

The advice of someone really loving tired of making 100's of Cakes everyday

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

KakerMix posted:

A few weeks ago when I brought our cart to the return zone in the parking lot there was a bin of cashews just chilling in another cart with nobody around. I assume since the lid was red and the carts have red on them a boomer (I'm in Florida) just didn't see it and left them behind.

Medium comes in a yellow wrapper, but I believe sharp comes in a red wrapper.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Gaius Marius posted:

Cops get paid, I serve the people for free, I don't use the term Hero very often, but when I do It's always in reference to myself

The advice of someone really loving tired of making 100's of Cakes everyday

You are indeed a true hero

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

priznat posted:

I guess you could return it but I’m not a food returner guy.

I thought so myself until those terrible cat food burritos I picked up one day. What is manna from heaven if you don't want to eat it? What miracle is the neverending bounty of delicacies if they turn to ash in your mouth? What of loaves and fishes if they aren't fresh? This is the glory of Costco: to ensure your mortal enjoyment.

PBUC

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

KakerMix posted:

It was absolutely the red one! I loving probably left it in the cart. If it's in my car I think I'd smell it by now

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
It's completely sealed. It's too dry to smell much anyway, imo.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Cozmosis posted:

Yep, this was my wife and I’s reaction as well.

GXL
Feb 6, 2004

It's against all of our policies for an application to ever share information with advertisers.

KakerMix posted:

A couple of weeks ago I was putting my cart back into the little pen and saw one where a person had left behind their cardboard sheet of coin batteries. I would guess that someone who needed like 12 special batteries at once probably has some weird niche device that they depend on and was upset to have lost them. To me they were junk, so I left them to rot in the sun.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Should I buy a car battery from Costco

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Soul Dentist posted:

Should I buy a car battery from Costco

Absolutely, car batteries are one of the best bargains they have.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah I just quickly checked the price against O'Reilly and the same CCA battery was literally twice as much as Costco. What did I think, someplace else would have a better deal?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Soul Dentist posted:

Yeah I just quickly checked the price against O'Reilly and the same CCA battery was literally twice as much as Costco. What did I think, someplace else would have a better deal?

Craig whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only higher prices elsewhere,
It was then that I provided value for you."

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Ugh, grapes I bought were all moldy in the middle. Gonna do a rare food return. The chicken I just bought is on sale too so will get an adjustment and make it all worth the trip.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

Absolutely, car batteries are one of the best bargains they have.

The only downside of getting a battery from Costco is that if it dies at an inconvenient time/place, there are far fewer Costcos than there are Walmarts or AutoZones, and they're open for shorter hours.

But the plus side is that legendary return policy / warranty. You show up with a battery, they replace it without dicking around with insisting on charging and testing it first.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Cozmosis posted:

Well that's a disappointing review. :(
I haven't opened mine yet but I'm sure with MOAR CHEESE it'll be at least passable.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Does the church sell Miso soup? Is it any good?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Don’t forget to throw your old car battery in the ocean, it is essential to maintain its delicate pH balance.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

priznat posted:

Don’t forget to throw your old car battery in the ocean, it is essential to maintain its delicate pH balance.

It’s safe and completely legal too :)

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Costco fuel in Phoenix is back under $4 a gallon. That means the world is ok right?

Sakara123
Dec 10, 2019

The Big Chungus

priznat posted:

how else are the eels going to get recharged? Steve Irwin would have promoted it if he was still around.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

BigPaddy posted:

Costco fuel in Phoenix is back under $4 a gallon. That means the world is ok right?

Where was this? I'm in Phoenix and just paid $4.35/gal today before Church.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

BigPaddy posted:

$5.19 today in Torrance.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

SourKraut posted:

Where was this? I'm in Phoenix and just paid $4.35/gal today before Church.

New station at the business center on 33rd Ave and Indian school just off rt60.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I gotta check out that business center sometime.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

$5.19 in Orange County yesterday.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Hm I ordered a blower on 4/7 thats a 2 week shipping time and they just dropped the price by 60$ on the 13th.

I wonder if I can call them and get them to gimme 60$ back

edit: neato there is a handy form on the customer service side of the website where you can just request the adustment with the order number.

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 16, 2022

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

silicone thrills posted:

Hm I ordered a blower on 4/7 thats a 2 week shipping time and they just dropped the price by 60$ on the 13th.

edit: neato there is a handy form on the customer service side of the website where you can just request the adustment with the order number.

PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

silicone thrills posted:

I learned that in this thread! I did it for a Roomba and it was pretty painless.