Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/Jeeho_1/status/1514615851168989186

lmao owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

mcmagic posted:

I don't think that Boone would've had such a quick hook with him a few years ago as he did last night but the Yankee pen is so good that it's relatively hard for him to gently caress these games up in the pen even if he tries hard to.

It's crazy that Chapman is probably the 6th best arm in the pen. Maybe lower depending on how good the rookies actually are (Marinaccio was very good in the minors last year).

Also:
https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/status/1514792814667739139?s=20&t=u8pH5M4oBzE2Nmee0oFGSA

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

bawfuls posted:

The difference is that in European soccer the fans still have some limited ability to exert leverage and block owners they don't like. Stateside fans have no such leverage.

Debatably so? Fickle and ephemeral at best, two different branches of bloodless capitalism.
Also, there are more Muslims in European soccer than North American sports, proportionally.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

everyone reset your Buxton injury calendars

https://twitter.com/dohyoungpark/status/1515031459920326656

https://twitter.com/Full_Slate_Pod/status/1515032129289265153

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Killed by Boston's terrible defense

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

bees x1000 posted:

Rockies are 9h away, Dbacks are 10, both blacked out. Vegas is 6.5h away so it'll be cool to miss out on a third team if/when a franchise ends up there.

I've mentioned this, but in Dubuque, Iowa, the Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Royals and Cardinals all consider Dubuque a local market, so their games are blacked out on MLB.tv. So unless I'm dying to watch some Orioles games, there's no reason for me to get an MLB.tv sub.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

6 games

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I am going to San Francisco in June and am going to see a Giants game. Tips on seats with good views of the stadium and Mccovey Cove? Possibly best bang for buck?

E: I was going to buy seats in 313 but at checkout it had a limited view warning? :dafuq:

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 15, 2022

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I've watched that Buxton replay a dozen times and I still can figure out what he did. Landed hard on his ankle? He just popped up and jumped around. What the gently caress.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I think he hosed something in one of his knees

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

howe_sam posted:

I think he hosed something in one of his knees

he walked off under his own power so I'm assuming he felt an ACL pop or something because having nice things isn't allowed

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Uuuuugh Buxton. I hope its something minor because hes so unbelievably fun.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Buxton is going to be one of those "what if" guys.....

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Byron Buxton is this decade's Eric Davis.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Peggy Edson posted:

I am going to San Francisco in June and am going to see a Giants game. Tips on seats with good views of the stadium and Mccovey Cove? Possibly best bang for buck?

E: I was going to buy seats in 313 but at checkout it had a limited view warning? :dafuq:

Nothing's going to beat the RF wall arcade if you want a view of both the game and the cove, but the tickets can get kinda pricey.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Buxton is going to be one of those "what if" guys.....

he already is

from ages 22-27 he's averaged just 82 games a season, not counting 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Peggy Edson posted:

This was section 310 in the playoffs. Good intersection of cheap + view.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

sent the vid to my ortho surgeon buddy and he says it's hopefully just an hyperextended knee but could just as easily be an ACL

gently caress man that sucks

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Tonight's Reds-Dodgers game is on AppleTV, which sucks, however:

quote:

The Apple TV+ broadcasts are placing an emphasis on having a new and diverse group of voices calling the games. One crew features Melanie Newman (play-by-play), Hannah Keyser (analyst) and Brooke Fletcher (reporter), along with former MLB outfielder Chris Young (analyst). The other crew consists of Stephen Nelson (play-by-play) and another former outfielder, Hunter Pence (analyst), alongside Katie Nolan (analyst) and Heidi Watney (reporter).

Hunter Pence and Katie Nolan in the booth together should be pretty fun

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spoeank posted:

That’s amazing . Very jealous

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I didn't think the blue jays are like clearly head and shoulders better than the Yankees from watching the last series. Their bottom of the lineup is pretty weak just like the Yankees' and the pitching was pretty close... Maybe Springer/Vlad/Bichette/Hernandez will be a little better than Judge/Stanton/Rizzo/Donaldson this year but it didn't strike me as a huge difference. The Yankees clearly have a better bullpen.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 15, 2022

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Might download the AppleTV app to hear Katie Nolan call a baseball game.

But maybe if you’re going for diversity you get a less white crew to call the Dodger game on Jackie Robinson day? Just a thought.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Hunter Pence and Katie Nolan did the Angels/Astros game last week, I like them both but I dunno that Nolan did a whole lot of broadcasting, it was more cracking jokes and asking some really dumb questions at times. A lot of people seemed to hate it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Spoeank posted:

Oh wow that's really nice. I usually splurge for a seat near the front row since I only go once a year but maybe I'll grab a deck seat when the Cubs are in town in July.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I don't want my MLB game to sound like a MTG Commander party youtube video.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They can’t get rid of the shift fast enough

It’s repellent

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

what is going on in cleveland

https://twitter.com/Cut4/status/1515116033824198662

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

euphronius posted:

They can’t get rid of the shift fast enough

It’s repellent

just from this quote I can tell you root for a team with Schwarber

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

just from this quote I can tell you root for a team with Schwarber

Lol

The third baseman was literally standing behind the first baseman

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Agreed strategy has no place in baseball

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yankees keep going against the shift this season to hilarious results so I’m just enjoying it while it’s here.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

Agreed strategy has no place in baseball

Yeah agreed

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I didn't think the blue jays are like clearly head and shoulders better than the Yankees from watching the last series. Their bottom of the lineup is pretty weak just like the Yankees' and the pitching was pretty close... Maybe Springer/Vlad/Bichette/Hernandez will be a little better than Judge/Stanton/Rizzo/Donaldson this year but it didn't strike me as a huge difference. The Yankees clearly have a better bullpen.

Every chance you get you talk about the Yankees lineup being below average or worse, and suddenly its as good as the Jays'???

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Everyone is exactly as bad as they need to be.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Every chance you get you talk about the Yankees lineup being below average or worse, and suddenly its as good as the Jays'???

When the Yankees are losing it's not because the other team is good but that the Yankees are playing so poorly against a bunch of scrubs.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/latimessports/status/1515081242428944384

This loving guy. Do the needful MLB and/or Dodgers and just suspend/cut this piece of poo poo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Popete posted:

When the Yankees are losing it's not because the other team is good but that the Yankees are playing so poorly against a bunch of scrubs.

Also when the Yankees are winning it’s not because they’re good it’s because the other team were too much of a bunch of scrubs to beat them.

Either way there’s someone to poo poo on.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

Good Dog posted:

Are there any other teams still having their pbp announcers doing things remotely? The Angels and Bally Sports West have Vasgersian doing it remotely from MLB Studios in NJ and they had a solid 5sec delay from the video feed to their audio at times. Complete dog poo poo.

I didn't watch any home games live but the highlights seemed good. This was their first road game.

The Orioles are the only team where both the radio and TV crews are still remote.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The Jays lineup isn't as good or as deep as it was last season. There are a bunch of outs there. Chapman vs Semien is a big downgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

You can definitely tell this is an Apple TV broadcast. All the graphics styling just scream Apple.