Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

Renoise!

There's a demo on the site and the full version is like 79 bucks or something. I bought it because they own and are doing god's work.

I knew it was something that started with R! I'll check out the demo, $80 is basically free when it comes to DAWs, drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internaut!
Apr 3, 2022

by vyelkin

Jonny 290 posted:

oh also

a ML poster and I got to talking about the pickups in my Rogue VI and they sent me $300 of pickups for shipping costs so I can swap and experiment

set of Schecter Diamond Superrocks and a SD Saturday Night Special. Lookit the size of them fuckin' magnets!

what the gently caress

to keep? how do I get in on this racket

haha just kidding my Parker has custom sized pups so it's roll my own or nothing :suicide:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah i got super lucky :) some real nice folks in ML. it's a chill place to hang, nobody's judgey or mean.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
the electronic music thread there died long ago and that was the only one i liked to post in/read. idk if there's another one like it now

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
hey yospos I finished an entire album’s worth of material and finally released it

https://open.spotify.com/album/6NmTUDOdmeW7hH0XGlLKpa

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gear poo poo: installed those schecter superrocks in my rogue vi

the size of those pole pieces

I think I hosed up the wiring, they're hummy as hell, but i'm gonna sort it out tomorrow. They still sound (and look) 100x better than the stock ones

the pickguard looks gross cause i havent done the plastic peel yet

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

humplifier pickups

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

killhamster posted:

the electronic music thread there died long ago and that was the only one i liked to post in/read. idk if there's another one like it now

It's all pretty much rolled into the VST and synth threads now, it's mostly the same posters in each one. VST thread rolls more towards software as you'd expect but there's a lot of crossover

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

plus for more active discussion about synth and electronica stuff the ML discord (Goon Music Academy) is probably gonna be your best bet

honestly recommend that discord in general, it's hella chill and there's people doing weird DIY projects all the time

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

i need to find a 20-22” ride cymbal that sounds like a sabian sbr but is not a budget series like sbr. i think this means a long day at a store or something. or listening to some samples online which sabian does not have unlike paiste thats had samples online since forever

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I’m gonna try some actual tracker stuff with this big bitch, but I kinda want to try a modern one too

btw if anyone knows Amigas pls help because I know nothing

jfc how much was that? full envy here

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i love it when samurai pulls this weird fucken' thing out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia2GjNHnyd4&t=372s

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Crime on a Dime posted:

jfc how much was that? full envy here

someone recycled it :shobon:

it was headed to the shredder before I grabbed it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lmfao nice

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Just in case anyone missed it, Plugin Alliance, NI and Izotope are now under the same umbrella and are offering freebies, including a $600 Plugin Alliance bundle for free

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/pa-soundwide-bundle.html

The Black Box HG2 distortion is a monster on basses

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

NonzeroCircle posted:

The Black Box HG2 distortion is a monster on basses

i have it on my master bus to fatten things up a bit and it is so good

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I'm working on some old school Metalheadz style DnB at the moment and automating the triode and pentode knobs over time whilst slamming everything else is great fun for evolving sounds

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I knew it was something that started with R! I'll check out the demo, $80 is basically free when it comes to DAWs, drat

if you're looking for tracker-style production suites, and feel like you'd rather spend that $80 on beer, you could try buzz first: http://jeskola.net/buzz/

i produced shitloads of music with this software over the years. it takes some getting used to, as its interface is pretty different from any other production suite i've ever used, but once you "get it", it owns

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
What old plugins would people like to see updated for modern quality of life use without losing their sound?

For me I would love to see both Izotope Trash 2 and NI Absynth 5 with bigger, more friendly GUIs. Both sound amazing but the user interfaces are so fiddly now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

relative_q posted:

if you're looking for tracker-style production suites, and feel like you'd rather spend that $80 on beer, you could try buzz first: http://jeskola.net/buzz/

i produced shitloads of music with this software over the years. it takes some getting used to, as its interface is pretty different from any other production suite i've ever used, but once you "get it", it owns

rectal anarchy ftw

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
just discovered these tuners and i want to try em

https://www.etsy.com/listing/464275278/riot-works-tuning-machines-stainless

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

gently caress a music

gently caress it

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i need to amass like a solid chunk of 1/4 cables and matching adapters cuz not only do I need to route these stupid volcas to a mixer I also need to translate their 3.5 aux outs to the biggies

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

who is the rear end in a top hat who changed audio cable sizes? huh???? huh???????????

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

1/4" cables own though, they're big and chunky and very satisfying to plug in

now if you wanna talk about degenerate audio stuff, i have feelings about 1/8" midi. no not that standard, the other one

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the virgin 3.5mm and the chad 1/4" trs

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

but everything I have is 3.5 :(

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I guess that’s korg’s fault tho

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

wondering if I should get a bunch of 3.5 cables and 8->4 adapters or the opposite

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

but this does give you a nice opportunity to gather a rats nest of adapters and such to turn your work space into a menacing ball of confusion

i spent a lot of time today unfucking my cable situation. well it's still hosed. but less-so now

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i'd say go for 1/4" cables cause they seem to be more standard for patching stuff but if it's make your life easier with smaller cables go for it -they're all pretty cheap so its not the end of the world if you go the wrong way.

actually having a 1/4" cable on a 3,5mm connector can put a lot of strain on the connector so maybe better to go for small cables after all even though they aren't as cool

follow your heart!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

went with a mix, 6 multicolored 1/4s and a few 8->4 adapters

i can always hit up target or something for aux cables

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

now I need a mixer :thunk:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pollyanna posted:

now I need a mixer :thunk:

behringer got sued by Mackie over my mixer because they copied the VLZ channel strip

i had one, it broke, i bought an inferior replacement, 7 years later i hunted down the original and paid too much for it but still 1/2 the price of a mackie with the same features

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020
wife got me a mxr sugar drive for my birthday but it’s 9v adaptor only, no battery 😫

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jonny 290 posted:

behringer got sued by Mackie over my mixer because they copied the VLZ channel strip

i had one, it broke, i bought an inferior replacement, 7 years later i hunted down the original and paid too much for it but still 1/2 the price of a mackie with the same features

:stare:

can I not just get one of these or something

https://reverb.com/item/54073529-behringer-xenyx-1202-12-input-mixer
https://reverb.com/item/53631605-c14695-yamaha-mg10-2-mixer

im also tempted to just get a cheap laptop and an audio interface but man that’s $$$

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

beheringer is one of those companies where they make a lot of so-so stuff but a few of their products are astoundingly good, especially for the cost.

their usb low latency soundcards are another one of those things, $20 for a really drat good audio interface.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

bringin my volca drum to work gonna make a couple kits

- “realistic” kit: 1 standard kick drum, 1 standard snare, 1 standard tom, 1 closed hi hat (jam up the release and it’s an open hi hat), 1 mid-pitch clap, maybe 1 metallic thing like a cowbell
- 808 kit: 1 808 kick drum, 1 808 snare drum, 1 808 tom, 1 808 hi hat, 1 808 clap, 1 808 cowbell
- potential insane garbage kit: 8x the weirdest thing I can make

also what’s the harmonic difference between a kick and a tom anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ooh and maybe I’ll grab a book of drum machine patterns and work through them