Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

you too, ush

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They call it the Xbox 360 because Jesus rolled the stone 360 degrees

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

correct. "X" can also be known as "cross". Xbox was the first Christian console

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

X is also the first letter in the Greek word for Christ. Early gamers used X as a secret symbol to avoid persecution

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Son of God is actually pretty good parable wise

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

bees x1000 posted:

I think Weird West is coming to Gamepass day 1, made by Prey 2017 people so it's probably worth a look

It owns

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

I liked it a lot. I only had a few minor complaints. One is that it felt like they needed a bit more budget. Outside of the main quest and a few specific side quests, the world felt a little flat and empty. Every random farm all sort of bleed together, etc. This also seemed to get more noticeable later in the game too, which makes me think there was budget or time limitations.
I also felt like some of the choices your make were a little too binary/ black and white and could have been a bit more nuanced and gray.
Lastly, it felt like ammo was too scarce. Maybe they were trying to encourage constantly swapping weapons mid fight, but it seemed like it took more bullets to kill someone than they dropped. Once I had some cash and bought out the vendors for bullets things worked out

Still an awesome game and definitely cool. I'm not sure why westerns and horror haven't been done more. They seem to complement each other well. I really like the protagonist gimmick and the entire twist/plot actually felt somewhat unique to me and not generic either.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

4 sale: douche, never used

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Fungah! posted:

4 sale: douche, never used

Lightly used :colbert:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Douche4Sale posted:

Lightly used :colbert:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Sniper Elite 5 launched on gamepass and it's pretty cool. It's not quite as good but it kind of reminds me of MGSV: Ground Zeroes as a third person stealth sandbox game. You have different assassination targets with special kills available and unlock different loadouts and mission entry ppints like Hitman, and I haven't messed with it yet but there's a feature that lets you invade other players campaigns as a rival sniper

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

goferchan posted:

Sniper Elite 5 launched on gamepass and it's pretty cool. It's not quite as good but it kind of reminds me of MGSV: Ground Zeroes as a third person stealth sandbox game. You have different assassination targets with special kills available and unlock different loadouts and mission entry ppints like Hitman, and I haven't messed with it yet but there's a feature that lets you invade other players campaigns as a rival sniper

Every sniper elite game gets me hooked for an hour before it loses me BUT I am honestly excited to give this one a shot after seeing some of the new stuff they're doing with it.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

thinking about buying a refurbished Series X, I want to play Orta in 4k on my 1080p TV

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You should buy a brand new one to honor Xbox and yourself.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

You should buy a brand new one to honor Xbox and yourself.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

thinking about ground zeroes now 👀

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I just started GZ again this time on Xbox and man it's sure a lot harder when you don't have all the tools unlocked like in late game MGSV. Also it's like a $12 demo of an upcoming game and it has one of the sickest intro cinematics. Kojima went hard.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

American McGay posted:

I just started GZ again this time on Xbox and man it's sure a lot harder when you don't have all the tools unlocked like in late game MGSV. Also it's like a $12 demo of an upcoming game and it has one of the sickest intro cinematics. Kojima went hard.

The intro of GZ is so good and might be better than the entirety of V’s cutscenes. Although the intro hospital sequence is still fully sick as well.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah GZ and the intro are the only parts of V that don't feel rushed or half baked really. It's one of the greatest crimes that we're probably never going to get a full version.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ground zeroes had a really sick hard mode and it's a shame they weren't able to have that in Phantom Pain. instead it was just a small sample platter of missions they had time to do hard modes for before the game had to be shipped.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

man nurse posted:

The intro of GZ is so good and might be better than the entirety of V’s cutscenes. Although the intro hospital sequence is still fully sick as well.

Can't believe some people don't like the hospital intro, it's one of the coolest scenes in any game. I found it really stressful the first time around, in a good way

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah and i even liked it the second time around just because it had probably been like 50 hours since the first time I saw it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1534977709293436929?s=21&t=8d9UCBBJkaEA0kwDtdNPYw

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Xbox STAYS Winning

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

series x in the mail tomorrow. let us go.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

That's loving great. My ps4 pro is still on 4.5 so I can't wait

Speaking of which, why hasn't the Xbox One been hacked yet

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

When is the Xbox one X finally getting hacked so I can be vaguely interested in buying one

*sighs deeply, pursing lips and scratching at temples* Dead giveaway.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lol