Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Thanks for immersion blender help friends! I’ll check out if there’s a difference on a few models in budget for duty cycle ratings.

I killed a Nutribullet blender, which I was getting mixed up with Vitamix so this is all good to know. I do a lot with my blender (tonkotsu ramen broth, saag, and soups for meal prep). Nice to hear the cheap ones work, I’m real hard on mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Is that the Market Place one up on the border? That one is absolutely weird but also sells huge things of liquor so it evens out imo

Nah, Wheaton - it's got a lot of interesting variety, they go all out on some south/east Asian items as well as Kosher/Halal stuff, so you can get a whole frozen lamb or durian flavored hopia.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Bird with a Big Box

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

NewFatMike posted:

Thanks for immersion blender help friends! I’ll check out if there’s a difference on a few models in budget for duty cycle ratings.

I killed a Nutribullet blender, which I was getting mixed up with Vitamix so this is all good to know. I do a lot with my blender (tonkotsu ramen broth, saag, and soups for meal prep). Nice to hear the cheap ones work, I’m real hard on mine.

Cheap ones work to an extent, I was using mine to mix the big Adams tubs of peanut butter and it started smelling funny in short order.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I used to have a couple of costco boxes that were the perfect size for hauling a slow cooker in, they had a cutout that would fit the display, and were sturdy enough that things didn't wobble in them. Perfect for bringing food into potlucks.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Anyone seen the Bottled in Bond recently? Finished the last bottle I had, and didn't see it in Seattle the last time I went.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I haven’t seen any of the new bourbons in months which super sucks because they kick rear end

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Really fell out of fashion with the whole revolution

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I thought on the bourbons it was a one run kinda deal.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I wish I got more Jefferson’s Ocean when they had it. Now I am sad.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

CitizenKain posted:

I used to have a couple of costco boxes that were the perfect size for hauling a slow cooker in, they had a cutout that would fit the display, and were sturdy enough that things didn't wobble in them. Perfect for bringing food into potlucks.

This is brilliant

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I have two great Costco boxes that are reinforced and extra sturdy that I pulled probably six months or so ago. They live in my garage and go into the trunk before any Costco trip. Absolutely essential ingredients of a successful trip.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Renegret posted:

I have no experience with either, but I have a $30 piece of poo poo immersion blender and it works like an absolute charm and I have no complaints. I feel like it's one of those tools that's pretty hard to gently caress up, my cheap one works so well I can't imagine a world where it's performance can be any better that will justify 4x the price.

So I think your decision will be decided based off which one has more relevant extra attachments, because if your only goal is to liquify a bowl of soup on the stove then I wouldn't bother with either.

The number 1 thing to look for an immersion blender is how stable its construction is when running at high speed. If there's even a little bit of wobble at the connection point then it's basically trash.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

binge crotching posted:

Anyone seen the Bottled in Bond recently? Finished the last bottle I had, and didn't see it in Seattle the last time I went.

Lol you'll have to check secondary market bottle flippers. Hopefully Costco comes out with another run but that's gone as hell

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

That bottled in bond stuff was great. I'm hopeful they show up again in the fall like last year. Used some for my eggnog base and it was incredible.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

eatin a chef Robert Irvine's PROTEIN BAR

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Thought this was an article that might be of interest to the thread:

Why prepared rotisserie chickens are cheaper than ones you cook yourself

Tl;dr is slightly smaller birds, volume and loss leaders.

One of the few pretty good deals! I usually get suckered into getting the “combo” with rolls and 2 sides when I get it from the supermarket which is probably where they make back the money.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
I'm working remote 100% now and my previous job had me return the chair I brought from the office. My local church is out of stock any comfortable ones and I'm a little skeptical about ordering one online, although I guess I could always return it if I don't like. Have any goons here bought either of these? Any recommendations?

https://www.costco.com/la-z-boy-executive-mesh-chair-with-headrest.product.100751685.html

https://www.costco.com/la-z-boy-mesh-chair.product.100755288.html

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

I'm working remote 100% now and my previous job had me return the chair I brought from the office. My local church is out of stock any comfortable ones and I'm a little skeptical about ordering one online, although I guess I could always return it if I don't like. Have any goons here bought either of these? Any recommendations?

https://www.costco.com/la-z-boy-executive-mesh-chair-with-headrest.product.100751685.html

https://www.costco.com/la-z-boy-mesh-chair.product.100755288.html

I wouldn't buy any chair you haven't sat in and adjusted to get a feel for how it works for you.

If Costco doesn't have it in store, check office furniture liquidators in your area. If you're going to spend at least $250 you can get much higher quality stuff from there.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
If you're 100% remote (and do ok financially) you should really be getting as nice a chair as you can- for the sake of not only your back, but with the understanding that a good chair will last a decade without breaking a sweat. Therefore the yearly cost is low.

I'm a herman miller embody guy myself, but the advice to go and test for yourself is good.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

pentyne posted:

If Costco doesn't have it in store, check office furniture liquidators in your area. If you're going to spend at least $250 you can get much higher quality stuff from there.

I took this advise from goons.

It was a GIGANTIC pain in the rear end but it ended up being worth it. When I went and did it there was a pretty big shortage of used chairs because of everyone building out home offices from the pandemic so I ended up overpaying but I still don't regret my purchase one bit. I have no idea if that's still the case.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
General thread consensus is don't buy office chairs from Costco.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

If it is an office chair you are going to be using daily then I would go to somewhere that sells used office equipment. Getting a $1000 chair for $300 that probably sat in storage it’s entire life works for me.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Taima posted:

If you're 100% remote (and do ok financially) you should really be getting as nice a chair as you can- for the sake of not only your back, but with the understanding that a good chair will last a decade without breaking a sweat. Therefore the yearly cost is low.

I'm a herman miller embody guy myself, but the advice to go and test for yourself is good.

Yup. I bought an embody in 2014 and it still looks and functions like the day I bought it. One of the single best purchases I've ever made.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

just saw that Mateo's salsa is $1.50 off rn so gonna get like 4 jars tonight :smuggo:

you should all get it because it's good unlike practically every other jarred salsa

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Soul Dentist posted:

General thread consensus is don't buy office chairs from Costco.

I don’t think that’s the general consensus.

If you’re going to be WFH and spend 8 hours per day in your chair, definitely expand your search beyond what Costco offers because it’s a major investment.

But if you want a quality $100-$200 office chair for basic use on the evenings and weekends Costco has some perfectly good options.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Barry posted:

Yup. I bought an embody in 2014 and it still looks and functions like the day I bought it. One of the single best purchases I've ever made.

Same here, but mine was a used Aeron. It’s still in perfect condition and the warranty transfers if you buy used I believe.

A good office chair that isn’t the local big box store special will change your life if you work from home regularly.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Crusty Nutsack posted:

just saw that Mateo's salsa is $1.50 off rn so gonna get like 4 jars tonight :smuggo:

you should all get it because it's good unlike practically every other jarred salsa

The coupon has a limit of 10, why only get 4?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

gonna cook some costco red hot italian sausages tonight

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Jingleheimer posted:

The coupon has a limit of 10, why only get 4?

hmm you make a good argument

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Thanks for all the chair advice!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Yeah a good chair that you sit in for 8~ hours is one that costs $1000 normally. You don't have to pay that, but that's just their listed price when new.
I have a Steelcase Leap myself I bought brand new in 2013 and it is still 100% good.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

pentyne posted:

I wouldn't buy any chair you haven't sat in and adjusted to get a feel for how it works for you.

This. I got a genuine herman miller aeron chair in near mint condition for 350$ about 10 years ago and i've never felt a moment of regret about it. Still love the chair. Still perfect and comfortable. In the Seattle area our used furniture place is called Duckys

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

This. I got a genuine herman miller aeron chair in near mint condition for 350$ about 10 years ago and i've never felt a moment of regret about it. Still love the chair. Still perfect and comfortable. In the Seattle area our used furniture place is called Duckys

Adjusted for inflation that’s $3500 today.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Adjusted for inflation that’s $3500 today.

You can just buy a new one for a grand.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

LionArcher posted:

You can just buy a new one for a grand.

:downsrim:

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Taima posted:

Barry posted:

Agrias120 posted:

Same here, but mine was a used Aeron. It’s still in perfect condition and the warranty transfers if you buy used I believe.

KakerMix posted:

Yeah a good chair that you sit in for 8~ hours is one that costs $1000 normally. You don't have to pay that, but that's just their listed price when new.

Do you mind me asking you all how much you paid and whether it was new or not?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I paid about $700 for a used Aeron in October.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Btod has refurb steelcase chairs starting around 600. Their site is slow as poo poo right now, but those are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I paid about $350 for my Aeron C on Craigslist. It was used, but included the serial number on it in case anything needed replaced from Herman Miller. I got it about 4.5 years ago, and use it daily for several hours (between playing games on PC and working from home), and it's still in absolutely perfect condition. I'm not especially hard on chairs I don't think, but I did find that almost all the previous chairs I'd get from Office Space, etc, would break down in some critical fashion after a few years.