Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Parties where you have to dress up super nice and then do nothing but stand at a door greeting people and being on display are loving terrible

The only time you should ever be expected to do that is at a funeral, and even then I think it's kinda bullshit as an expectation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Did you see Janet? She didn't sit at the shrine and get worshipped properly enough. Quick! Take the pedestal we put her on, and stab her with it!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA going against my wife and letting my daughter 'ruin easter'

quote:

My wife, Lillian (48) and I (37) have 5 daughters (17, 13, 6, twins 3). Lillian and her family take clothes very seriously. They always co-ordinate their outfits when doing family get togethers and think it's important to bond as a family and photos and stuff. I personally think it's a bit silly, but I usually just go along with whatever Lillian decides.

Our eldest is just like Lillian when it comes to clothes, and the younger 3 don't really care. However, our 13 year old (Charlotte) has started to get really self conscious about clothes and fashion, and her style is definitely different from her mother. This has caused some issues between them, but I've mostly convinced Lillian to allow her to dress herself as she wants.

For Easter, Lillian wanted us all to dress up in Easter themed clothes. The rest of her family did and it is important to her. However, Charlotte just refused. She didn't want to wear the Easter clothes because she felt it was too childish and ugly basically. They argued about it and it was both petty and going nowhere , so I intervened and basically allowed Charlotte to wear what she wants, as long as it's appropriate. We spent the day with my wife's family and it was really good, the girls had a lot of fun with their cousins and probably too much chocolate. Though my mother- and sister-in-law did criticise Charlotte's clothes, though only to my wife and I, not to Charlotte.

After we got home Lillian was pretty angry I went against her. She said we were meant to be a united front, and that I had no right to interfere with her decision. She says Charlotte is part of the family and has to act like it. Her family did judge us for it, but honestly it's just some clothes. I don't see why it's such a big deal, if Charlotte hates em, she shouldn't have to wear it I think. But Lillian is still pissed at me for 'ruining' her family Easter. My best friend thinks they're being ridiculous, but says I should have backed my wife up anyways.

I feel like I'm going crazy with how seriously everyone is taking all this. Am I really wrong to just let Charlotte choose for herself? Or should I have just let my wife decide?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

mediaphage posted:

she addresses this in the comments when someone asks and says not long lol

fortunately the comments are all like omg leave him before mods locked it

mediaphage posted:

hmmmmmmmm she’s asian and they’re all white
Given the issues we've had with unsupported speculation, would folks mind confirming they're getting new info from reddit thread comments?
This one seems to be pretty clearcut, but I'd just want to know for sure. Also, it still doesn't prevent bad actors from attributing facts to made up comments, which I'm glad other posters promptly busted.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rescue Toaster posted:

I was really hoping this was more weirdos that have 'being tall' as their sole personality.

Ooops, all racism.

Ok I’ll bite .. what’s racist about expecting an Asian woman to wear high heels

I think it’s just classic sexism, the woman is supposed to be dressed up and pretty and that includes high heels

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Fixed:

"Hey Honey, I volunteered you to set up and clean at a wedding of a couple you hardly know! No, I won't be helping you. I'm part of the party that will be eating and drinking and having fun while you're doing that."

wasn't he off doing photos? from what I remember from my sisters wedding, she (who is normally very frugal) paid like $3k for her wedding photographer and by golly she was going to get value. Literally hours of photos being taken (in the rather nice Adelaide Botanical Garden on a beautiful sunny day) and the wedding party was D O N E done by the finish. Maybe easier to be setting up some tables.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Electric Wrigglies posted:

wasn't he off doing photos? from what I remember from my sisters wedding, she (who is normally very frugal) paid like $3k for her wedding photographer and by golly she was going to get value. Literally hours of photos being taken (in the rather nice Adelaide Botanical Garden on a beautiful sunny day) and the wedding party was D O N E done by the finish. Maybe easier to be setting up some tables.
Yeah but it's not one or the other. It's her husband's friend and she'd just as soon not go at all.

Piell posted:

AITA going against my wife and letting my daughter 'ruin easter'
Nuclear Sharpe Family Singers energy.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 20, 2022

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I'm (25F) dating for the first time in my life and my dad (62M) is kinda freaking out about it.

quote:

A little long, but please help me out. For context, this is the first time in my life I've ever dated. I was raised with no-dating and no-sex rules from high school all the way to 25, the age I went "gently caress it", worked and saved for a year and moved out. None of us are religious, too.

So I've been in my own place now for almost a year now, and I've began to date. At first it was simple coffee and restaurant dates, just to get my feet wet. No sex. Had my first kiss on a 3rd date with a nice guy, but unfortunately, it didn't work out.

But whenever I meet up with my parents and tell them about my dating life, I can tell my dad doesn't like it. Like at one time at lunch, and I gave a brief mention of it, and my dad went, "Hmm", in a half-joking way, but obviously still bothered by the news. My mom was slightly more open, but you can tell she was still concerned and they emphasized, "Well, you're a young woman now and you should just be safe."

Well, eventually, I found a good guy, became BF/GF. Told my mom, who told my dad, and next time we met up, and my new boyfriend came up in conversation, my dad had the same reaction. This time with less joking and now with a dose of interrogation about who this guy was. My mom offered a "Meet the Boyfriend" dinner, but I declined since we'd only been together as BF/GF for 3 weeks. You could tell my dad was conflicted on whether he wanted to meet this guy or not, like asking me "why are you hiding him?" when I declined, but acting like "shrugs, sure, whatever" when my mom wanted them to meet.

This was also the guy I lost my virginity to, and of course I didn't tell them that, but it also added to the unease with the unsaid knowing among us that this was a sexual relationship as well.

Anyway, 6 months, guy and I broke up amicably. Took a break from dating, few months later, met another guy who I'm still with and I love to bits. Parents haven't met him yet, but there are plans to and they've seen pictures, etc.

Similar reactions from my dad, a little bit worse actually, because now this is my second guy in a row. To that point, my dad and I were having an argument about something unrelated, and he threw out there in the middle of it, "Don't think you know everything now, especially because you got dick in you and now you feel like you're grown and you don't have to listen to common sense."

Not to mention the other times my mom has shared with me in the past over the phone about how my dad feels and is coming around to my new dating life. She softened his comments, but essentially said how he's shown concern and made disappointed comments about how I've been with so many men already and I need to be more focused on my life (I have a career I enjoy and pursue my interests outside of work with pleasure.)

I mean, why is he acting this way?

TL;DR! Dating and having sex for the first time at 25 and my dad is uncomfortable with it and making snide comments. What the hell?

DemoneeHo fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 20, 2022

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

DemoneeHo posted:

I'm (25F) dating for the first time in my life and my dad (62M) is kinda freaking out about it.

Dear god that’s creepy.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DemoneeHo posted:

Your dad's got a religion, it's called "Creepyism".

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

DemoneeHo posted:

Eeeeesh. :yikes:

Well the good news is that OP has a head start on 95% of redditors with terrible family members, on account of having already managed the "move out" step on their own

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

DemoneeHo posted:

Sounds like the father read that "Ultimate Cuck" story and took it to heart.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

She should make some crack about "I guess Dad doesn't want any grandkids" just to see what happens. Even if they're not something she wants.

It's not helpful advice but it could be funny.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Solenna posted:

She should make some crack about "I guess Dad doesn't want any grandkids" just to see what happens. Even if they're not something she wants.

It's not helpful advice but it could be funny.

r/relationships: It's not helpful advice but it could be funny.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mistayke posted:

Sounds like the father read that "Ultimate Cuck" story and took it to heart.

god i was thinking that same thing :stonk:

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

DemoneeHo posted:

I didn't realise the "raising a daughter is the ultimate cuck" guy was in his 60s.

e: dang beaten

AITA for not wanting my girlfriend to move into a shared apartment where all her roommates would be guys?

quote:

My girlfriend is looking for a new place and found a shared apartment where the people are looking for a fourth person to move in. She said it's very difficult to find one and also this one is not too pricey.

There's a big problem though, all the other people who live there are men. Even worse, they're the worst type of men, vain gymbro type douches who only care about how much they can benchpress and how ripped their abs are.

I think it's dangerous and inappropriate for my girlfriend to move in there. I told her so but she things I'm overreacting. I told her if she found a place just with girls that would be much better. But she said that would be hard to find. AITA for insisting that she should find a different place, at least one where her roommates would not be only men?

Sisal Two-Step fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 20, 2022

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
If all they care about is their abs, what's he so worried about?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
hmm i wonder how ripped OP's abs are :thunk:

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA for not wanting my girlfriend to move into a shared apartment where all her roommates would be guys?

Yeah, it would be inappropriate for your gf to move into an apartment with four ripped dudes, OP. Now if you can just fwd me the address of said apartment, that would be splendid.

but more seriously, OP gave this wonderful gem of wisdom as to why he is the rear end in a top hat:

quote:

I'm worried for her safety

Because the women wouldn't try to overpower her and also most women aren't lesbian

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

mediaphage posted:

hmmmmmmmm she’s asian and they’re all white

Cite sources?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I don’t know OP, if the 18 minute documentaries about human sexuality that I have been watching every day are to believed most women are at least a little gay…

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
Most women aren't lesbian but most men are.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
TIFU by thinking my son was having gay sex when he was just eating Hummus

So I (39F) have a son (15M) and he brought a friend round today.

They immediately went to their room and I assumed they would just play some video games or whatever so I was totally fine leaving them.

It was about 30 minutes in when I was walking past, I heard sounds such as 'Omg that's so good' and 'Its so good with that in it' and various 'mmmm' sounds.

It really sounded like they were having gay sex, I was super weirded out by it so I quickly went downstairs and waited for his friend to leave. When this friend left an hour or two later I asked my son what they were doing in his room (because although I don't mind him being gay, and ik it's normal for teenagers to have sex, a condom really should be used) so I planned to confront him about that.

However the answer shocked me to my very core. They weren't having sex, they were eating hummus.

I was shocked, and initially didn't believe it. We had never had hummus before and I asked him to show me the hummus if this was true. So he did, and I ate hummus for the first time, and oh my god was it good. We experimented with different things in it like bread and carrots and it was great. Apparently his friend had heard about how he had never had hummus before and thought this was absurd so had planned a date for a hummus party.

So yeah, it ended up being quite a good ending, i discovered how nice hummus was.

TLDR: Thought my son was having gay sex, he just really liked hummus.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mister Olympus posted:

lmao

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mister Olympus posted:

I don't even know what to say about this

why would your first thought be "GAY SEX"

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mister Olympus posted:

They immediately went to their room and I assumed they would just play some video games or whatever so I was totally fine leaving them.

It was about 30 minutes in when I was walking past, I heard sounds such as 'Omg that's so good' and 'Its so good with that in it' and various 'mmmm' sounds.

It really sounded like they were having gay sex, I was super weirded out by it so I quickly went downstairs and waited for his friend to leave. When this friend left an hour or two later I asked my son what they were doing in his room (because although I don't mind him being gay, and ik it's normal for teenagers to have sex, a condom really should be used) so I planned to confront him about that.

However the answer shocked me to my very core. They weren't having sex, they were eating hummus.

I was shocked, and initially didn't believe it. We had never had hummus before and I asked him to show me the hummus if this was true. So he did, and I ate hummus for the first time, and oh my god was it good. We experimented with different things in it like bread and carrots and it was great. Apparently his friend had heard about how he had never had hummus before and thought this was absurd so had planned a date for a hummus party.

So yeah, it ended up being quite a good ending, i discovered how nice hummus was.

Afterwards he asked me for the difference between a garbanzo bean and a chickpea, and I said I never had a Garbanzo bean in my mouth before...

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

I've never seen a more appropriate scenario for the "straight people are you okay?" question

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Mister Olympus posted:

New thread title?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I haven't had fresh hummus in ages! :smith:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mister Olympus posted:

every time i get hummus i think about this middle eastern restaurant i went to once where the menu spelled it "homos"

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
Hummus is p good.

Foo Diddley posted:

hmm i wonder how ripped OP's abs are :thunk:

Funny you should ask!

quote:

Yeah but that's not anything special. I have abs too and don't work out

I'm not lying, I'm just skinny
And if you're curious if he lifts:

quote:

I don't. But if I tried it I'm sure I could bench press over 100 kg

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mister Olympus posted:

I eagerly await the follow-up "TIFU by thinking my son and his mom where having sex, but were really just eating hummus"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I thought my son was having straight sex but whew, turns out he was just eating hummus after he hosed his boyfriend.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

nvm

Tarkus fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 20, 2022

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mister Olympus posted:

I loving died reading this one, lmao

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018

Sisal Two-Step posted:

And if you're curious if he lifts:

Paging athlete-girl-who-told-off-gym-creep to suplex this man into a table

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Mister Olympus posted:

Found Cumshitter's reddit account. Here he thought his straight son was finally gay but was tricked by hummus .

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

pentyne posted:

On one hand, lol at anyone taking crypto advice from a tiktok'er, but on the other the OP is so loving furious that she's doing better then him he felt that doxxing her life was necessary

Without looking I would 100% guess that OP is also into crypto, has lost money, and is loving enraged she's giving people advice when she's not a 'real' crypto person.

From a bit back but I think the more likely option is he's one of those idiots who hates sex workers because "they make easy money dancing/stripping but I work a lovely job I hate :qq: it's so unfair"

tired gay and dead posted:

Why can't this person just lie to her fuckin mom?

"we found it at the art store at the mall and it was discounted so we got it, I dunno who painted it"

gently caress its not hard

"Even though your painting reminds you of your lost child, it makes ME insecure about your ex, so get rid of it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I haven't had fresh hummus in ages! :smith:

Same :smith::hf::smithicide: