Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Two misfires I purchased from my last trip. The first is Miss Vickie's Spicy Dill Pickle potato chips. They definitely have dill pick flavor and plenty of sour, and are pleasantly spicy, but just do not have enough salt. It's all sour/heat. Not terribly pleasant.

The second was an enormous bag of organic seasoned croutons. I can't remember the brand off-hand, but they have an unpleasantly gritty texture and again, are not well-seasoned enough. It's like chewing on bland little sand cubes.

To make up for it I defrosted one of the cinnamon butter loaves I had in the freezer and have been eating that all week with a touch of whipped cream. It's real good.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Renegret posted:

Don't forget the ladies version which is pink, 10% smaller, but 20% more expensive

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

When I got my first apartment I went to one of those discount stores and bought a $10 tool set just to make sure I had a screwdriver and a hammer.

Next to it was a $12 set for women. It was pink and smaller. I wish I still had the picture.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

The Midniter posted:

Two misfires I purchased from my last trip. The first is Miss Vickie's Spicy Dill Pickle potato chips. They definitely have dill pick flavor and plenty of sour, and are pleasantly spicy, but just do not have enough salt. It's all sour/heat. Not terribly pleasant.

The second was an enormous bag of organic seasoned croutons. I can't remember the brand off-hand, but they have an unpleasantly gritty texture and again, are not well-seasoned enough. It's like chewing on bland little sand cubes.

To make up for it I defrosted one of the cinnamon butter loaves I had in the freezer and have been eating that all week with a touch of whipped cream. It's real good.

Those croutons are terrible. Until I tried them I didn't know croutons that were anything but delicious even existed.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

So anyways general thread consensus is don't buy an office chair at Costco

Yeah it’s the same poo poo tier as $200 chairs at Staples or whatever. Just don’t do it.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Jingleheimer posted:

Those croutons are terrible. Until I tried them I didn't know croutons that were anything but delicious even existed.

Same, that's why I was so disappointed. I'm not a food returner but I don't know if I'll make it through the whole bag - would seem like a chore.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Tiny Timbs posted:

Yeah it’s the same poo poo tier as $200 chairs at Staples or whatever. Just don’t do it.

If you're thinijng Costo levels of price and quality this is the goon recomended chair: https://www.amazon.com/Alera-ALEEL42ME10B-Elusion-Mid-Back-Multifunction/dp/B003G4OJK4/ref=dp_fod_1?pd_rd_i=B003G4OJK4&psc=1
Dont get version 2! It removes all the adjustments, theres a high back version of this chair too.
https://www.amazon.com/Huracan-Repl...50555400&sr=8-7
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M8F9IYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Total is like 200 bucks and its miles better than anything you find at Costco/Office Depot/ etc...
Anything more? Spend the money on Herman Miller or Steelcase.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Jingleheimer posted:

Go get a fresh baguette loaf, (actually a slightly stale one works better) leave it on your fridge for about 2 days, cut it up into cubes, grab a wok, throw a bit of olive oil in there, mix it around, put in your cubes, add a dash of salt and pepper, toss them around, add a bit more olive oil.

Fresh croutons are on a whole other level.

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Anyone know of a good place in LA for one of these cheap used chairs?

TR Trading Company in Gardena: https://goo.gl/maps/B29YXpp319ky8Znr8

I got two used Steelcase Leaps there for $150 each a few years ago, but ignore the website inventory and just go over there.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

XXXTREME SOUND PROTECTION

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

maniacripper posted:

If you're thinijng Costo levels of price and quality this is the goon recomended chair: https://www.amazon.com/Alera-ALEEL42ME10B-Elusion-Mid-Back-Multifunction/dp/B003G4OJK4/ref=dp_fod_1?pd_rd_i=B003G4OJK4&psc=1
Dont get version 2! It removes all the adjustments, theres a high back version of this chair too.
https://www.amazon.com/Huracan-Repl...50555400&sr=8-7
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M8F9IYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Total is like 200 bucks and its miles better than anything you find at Costco/Office Depot/ etc...
Anything more? Spend the money on Herman Miller or Steelcase.

Saving, ty

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
The new bag of Bouchard Belgian dark chocolates was either a really good or really bad decision. Guess im gonna casually munch a half pound of individually wrapped chocolates today

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

quote:

The chair is not seat-time rated, however it is designed to supports up to 275 lbs.

filthy lies

(actually that's a pretty good weight rating for a chair that price, any XL/Big and Tall exec chairs usually start around $300 for pretty mediocre quality)

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Paul MaudDib posted:

The new bag of Bouchard Belgian dark chocolates was either a really good or really bad decision. Guess im gonna casually munch a half pound of individually wrapped chocolates today

Really good. Those are one of my favorite chocolates out there. I wish they weren't individually wrapped, but c'est la vie.

Plus you can have six of them and it's only like 140 calories or something. Thanks, dark chocolate!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Anyone know of a good place in LA for one of these cheap used chairs?

Tustin Office Liquadators will ship to you for $50, they almost always have at least 1 HM chair in stock.

You still might want to travel down their to their warehouse to sit in and try them out though. There's 3 size models of the Aeron, A B and C, and B tops out at comfortable at ~ 6 feet and 220 lbs. I've had some people I know at that size still say the Aeron B isn't really that good for them. But if you're like 5'7'' and 140 lbs it's like being wrapped in cotton.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lol can’t believe the pink one is slightly worse too, NRR 32 vs 33 how does the pink color reduce coverage by one dB?????????????

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's the most extreme "pink tax" example I've ever seen. I love the "by Hearos" on the left

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Scornful Sexbot posted:

Lol can’t believe the pink one is slightly worse too, NRR 32 vs 33 how does the pink color reduce coverage by one dB?????????????

The pink ones are smaller

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Had a rough day but I decided to squeeze out a quick Costco trip because I need coffee.

Saw some guy struggling by himself with 2 flatbeds with 4 boxes containing that polarizing luvsac couch so I put my (empty) cart to the side and helped him load it into his truck.

Finished up, turned around and someone took my cart :(

Then I got a hot dog and man it's just not the same without deli mustard and onions.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I've become a pizza man myself. Were you being proactive and picking a cart up from the corral too?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i tried the 'roni 'zza the last time i went and i gotta say it was pretty d*rn good

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
$300 is alotta meat. Who needs that meat?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Only thing with the roni pizza is that you need to grab extra napkins and dab up all that grease like you're back in high school.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

10:30am pizza > any other time of day pizza

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

its all nice on rice posted:

Only thing with the roni pizza is that you need to grab extra napkins and dab up all that grease like you're back in high school ulillillia

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

its all nice on rice posted:

Only thing with the roni pizza is that you need to grab extra napkins and dab up all that grease like you're back in high school.

I go cheese these days because I swear it has more cheese and that’s my jam on pizza. If I ever order a whole one can I get a pep and ask for double cheese do you think?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Virigoth posted:

I go cheese these days because I swear it has more cheese and that’s my jam on pizza. If I ever order a whole one can I get a pep and ask for double cheese do you think?

It actually does have more cheese then a pep slice!

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Got my Citi credit card finally and immediately rang up $800 in groceries, electronics and gas. I have a problem.

And that problem is I forgot to stop at the food court on the way out

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

gently caress I'm pretty sure I lost my Costco rebate check

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

For the actual Costco one if you don't cash it for long enough they put a block on your membership until you claim it

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

For the actual Costco one if you don't cash it for long enough they put a block on your membership until you claim it

They also don't expire, so if you find it 2 years from now no big deal. That happened to me a while back. I got a new car and was cleaning out the old one and found an executive rebate worth like $80, cashed it out no problem.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

$300 is alotta meat. Who needs that meat?

AllenFarnsworthIV
Apr 12, 2021

Johnny Truant posted:

Just ask them to mail you a new one.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

13.79 is really good for prime boneless ribeye!

I think I got a whole cryo of prime top loin once for like 8.99/lb it was 97 bucks and change, cant beat it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

That Mateo's salsa is very cumin-y. Not saying its bad, but just as a heads up if you feel strongly about that

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I thought it was somehow both bland and salty. I eat very little sodium in my diet and therefore anything that has a bit seems really salty to me so ymmv.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Yeah I felt like the Mateo’s is a god base but is missing anything that really stands out - some friends add hot sauce to good results

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

That Mateo's salsa is very cumin-y. Not saying its bad, but just as a heads up if you feel strongly about that

That’s a negative ghost rider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

heffray posted:

TR Trading Company in Gardena: https://goo.gl/maps/B29YXpp319ky8Znr8

I got two used Steelcase Leaps there for $150 each a few years ago, but ignore the website inventory and just go over there.

Amazing! This is right down the road from me!

pentyne posted:

Tustin Office Liquadators will ship to you for $50, they almost always have at least 1 HM chair in stock.

You still might want to travel down their to their warehouse to sit in and try them out though. There's 3 size models of the Aeron, A B and C, and B tops out at comfortable at ~ 6 feet and 220 lbs. I've had some people I know at that size still say the Aeron B isn't really that good for them. But if you're like 5'7'' and 140 lbs it's like being wrapped in cotton.

Also awesome!

Thanks for both of these. I’m gonna try the Gardena one first since it’s the closest then head to Tustin.