Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 34 40.48%
No 50 59.52%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Try and kill DinoTruman? 🦖

Yes, but again, in Ark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CNN+ was probably originally conceived to be just a livestream of CNN until cable companies threatened suit to enforce contractual obligations. As a result, CNN+ was CNN without news and no one wants to watch that. I figure the actual launch and such was also due to contractual obligations and they knew it would fail. I also don't think they spent all of that $300m, so the burn rate will be lower.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Imagine if the DoD could pull the plug on bad ideas after only 21 days and 300 million

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Had CNN+ been successful, it would have cannibalized their cable viewership and they'd suddenly be losing money on their ad sales for prescription pharmaceuticals and AARP.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Coming soon: Sorkin+!

All the pleasure of watching :smug: West Wing and Newsroom clips on YouTube but with the privilege of telling all your like-minded friends and acquaintances that you *pay* to do it! :v:

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

facialimpediment posted:

Also final confirmation that Pelosi was right - this wasn't an Army fuckup, it was a fuckup of the FAA not telling Capitol Police.

https://twitter.com/petemuntean/status/1517187357170098176?t=Iw-NTeYdU6ytKAJliRDNmQ&s=19

I can only imagine the pucker factor buried under this very calm read-out.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

If it's a donner kebab, I'd be suspicious of the meat.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Hannibal Rex posted:

This is the contract you accept when you order a donner.

And it's so fuckin worth it.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Hannibal Rex posted:

They also charge an arm and a leg for it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Still worth it.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Wingnut Ninja posted:

You get a veritable Donner Party in return.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

What exactly did CNN+ attempt to offer

It didn't have CNN

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Also final confirmation that Pelosi was right - this wasn't an Army fuckup, it was a fuckup of the FAA not telling Capitol Police.

https://twitter.com/petemuntean/status/1517187357170098176?t=Iw-NTeYdU6ytKAJliRDNmQ&s=19

Someone's getting fuuuuuuuuuucked

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Know shitbag Alex Jones wants immunity to speak to 1/6 committee.

https://twitter.com/Teri_Kanefield/status/1516924824324481024?s=20&t=5jo3k643BgLo9ZlL9_s9xg

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I want immunity to kick Alex Jones square in the dick

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

In not-so-great news:

https://mynorthwest.com/3443433/gravity-payments-ceo-dan-price-charged-sexual-assault-felony-rape/amp/

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

This is a win win for Jones. It not only allows him to deflect responsibility for his bullshit, it generates new content for his show.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MAY?

https://twitter.com/business/status/1517307969704284160?s=21&t=IzqM9zx-DdqMJSNaMYm9VQ

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is that abuse? I thought that's what everybody with the means did.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
They're usually smart enough to do it *before* the suits are filed, though.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Stravag posted:

gently caress that. Pull a Jackass Forever and have Ngannou punch him in the dick.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Tiny Timbs posted:

Is that abuse? I thought that's what everybody with the means did.

When you go around saying that you're trying to avoid paying a judgement, it's generally frowned upon by the courts.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

lmao
https://twitter.com/sparkyrandles/status/1517198493567397893

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Stravag posted:

That's about right.

Arrath posted:

This is the contract you accept when you order a donner.

And it's so fuckin worth it.

An easy affordable gyro place just opened between me and work. Nothing will stand in the way of me and affordable, delicious kebab meat ever again.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
A livefeed of Baltic Sea seals lounging in the sun, in case you need something calming today : https://youtu.be/OUNfOlLPniw

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Yeah the Bankruptcy judge is probably going to be furious.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Yeah he’s very good at getting himself on the front page of Reddit/LinkedIn/twitter with populist messaging but his personal life has long had similar allegations and his company isn’t a worker’s paradise. Plus he had that bizarre claim last year that someone broke into his house and arranged knives in a ritualistic way that never seemed to have a follow up and may have hinted at further instability, and not that Big Business sent a hitman to menace him.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the past 6 years and the last 2 in particular have shown everyone that not only is our government and legal system incapable of dealing with people who act entirely in bad faith, it is toothless when it comes to punishment

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1517489281136267264

The judge is corpsing so hard at MTG's attorney's statement.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Had CNN+ been successful, it would have cannibalized their cable viewership and they'd suddenly be losing money on their ad sales for prescription pharmaceuticals and AARP.

It seemed like Yet Another Cash Grab by a network spinning off its own streaming service because that's a totally original idea.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Not going to bother verifying or figuring out this one:

https://twitter.com/Phylan/status/1517507755162148864?t=MFga_q1URKM63r9tbYdR6A&s=19

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Pwnd

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CBJSprague24 posted:

It seemed like Yet Another Cash Grab by a network spinning off its own streaming service because that's a totally original idea.

In that vein, I can't really blame them. They knew when they launched the idea of the service that they were going to be sold to Discovery with everything else that AT&T owned under their tv umbrella. And really, who cares what happens to AT&T's or Discovery's money?

Hell of a grift.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

the past 6 years and the last 2 in particular have shown everyone that not only is our government and legal system incapable of dealing with people who act entirely in bad faith, it is toothless when it comes to punishment of rich people. lol poors get hosed you're going away

Minor correction.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I listened to the Alex Jones hearing this morning. I tuned in right at the beginning of the US government's testimony. They called out that none of the entities rightfully were in bankruptcy court because they're literal holding companies and called out that this is just a litigation tactic. "Creditor" attorneys spoke next and called out the bullshit. Jones' attorney rants that they worked hard to get $10 million together for everyone to split equally to be paid out over 5 years and $200k has already been spent in fees setting up the trust that doesn't exist yet. Jones' attorney frequently says that bankruptcy court is a proper place to force settlement negotiations.

After some squabbling, the putative trustee came up to answer questions from the judge. The judge asked basic background information about the companies and why were the money bags not there? The trustee says that he was a part of the discussions as to why jones himself and his other holding companies did not file for bankruptcy is because it would hurt his personal brand, which matters more than anything else, and his vendor relations. In order to maintain the revenue to pay out the $9.8m over the next five years, he needed to not personally file. The putative trustee also said he found a royalty that belonged to one of the bankrupt LLCs that was paying directly to Jones' personal bank account, and directed that it be put in the payment trust.

The trustee gets some questions from the US attorney. Jones renamed Infowars, LLC to InfoW, LLC and relocated three of his shell companies to an empty office space just two weeks before filing. Basically nothing about anything done here is above board. It is one of the most blatantly fraudulent bankruptcy proceeding, and everyone on team Jones is saying "look we want to pay these families this is the money we were able to get for you."

At the end the judge asked what type of motions he's gonna see. One of the lawyers that was set to go to trial on Monday explained the procedural posture of what happened in the Travis county case.

The judge set a status conference for next Friday at 3PM. He's ready to get this poo poo off his docket.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

bird food bathtub posted:

Minor correction.

Yeah that always true but I meant in regards to lawyers. Take all the post-election lawsuits. Brazenly filed based on lies and unless I missed something the worst anyone got was a stern talking to by a judge. Just endless amounts of this poo poo.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Yeah that always true but I meant in regards to lawyers. Take all the post-election lawsuits. Brazenly filed based on lies and unless I missed something the worst anyone got was a stern talking to by a judge. Just endless amounts of this poo poo.

Sydney Powell and co got hit with sanctions in I think the Michigan case, which they are now trying to appeal. Courts, by design, move slowly. Mike Dunford is a good Twitter follow to keep up with their disaster litigation: https://mobile.twitter.com/questauthority

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

"activist judges! activist judges!"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Don't forget the Colorado county clerk that is being investigated, and running for secretary of state at the same time.

Just waiting for Jena Griswold to eat her lunch.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I can’t believe this poo poo is allowed to operate in public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Tiny Timbs posted:

I can’t believe this poo poo is allowed to operate in public
I'm glad it didn't hit a pedestrian this time, at least. The dream of "self-driving" cars is going to be used as an excuse to make foot/bike travel even more restricted and unfriendly.