Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Policenaut posted:

The Langrisser Mobile people are making a Front Mission gacha. I'm interested solely because as a Square-Enix property with robots they'll probably do a Xenogears crossover.

Considering the track record for FM spinoffs, lmaooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
April 27 release!

https://youtu.be/RlVVmLqaKFQ

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Yeah, Echoes of Mana is looking pretty good. I just hope Square-Enix doesn't gently caress it up, they've been acting pretty sus lately

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

i'm basically hooked on it now. I managed to set up a pretty good yin yang deck that either loses before the first boss or spins up into an unbeatable monster.

It's crazy addictive. Sounds like you've got a good deck going. Right now mine either dominates in the second phase or dies a slow painful death in phase 2.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Giving guardian tales another try since it was mentioned in the thread. Is there a goon guild?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Giving guardian tales another try since it was mentioned in the thread. Is there a goon guild?

Make sure to start your account on World 2, NA World 1 is a dead server which is one of the big reasons I quit.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I finally gave Summoners War a try. I'm sure this game is gonna gently caress me eventually, it always is just a matter of time with these games, but so far I'm impressed. Building characters up is fun, though very grindy. In my case, I like that kind of thing, but it won't be everyone's cup of tea honestly.

What real impresses me is the "Summoners Way" missions. Every one of these games has a bunch of newbie achievements or whatever right? But this one actually does a seriously good job of teaching you some beginner builds and grinding setups and really working you through the fundamentals to the more advanced concepts.

The story is pretty cute. Obviously it's meant to be the thinnest veneer of justification for grinding out endless battles and eventually swiping your credit card for max gains, but honestly, it tickles me. The basic idea seems to be that wizards are such a powerful and contentious lot that the ruling body had to institute a battle arena to resolve policy disputes. You're a super powerful summoners who is being blindly led by a lying bureaucrat to build up a super powerful caucus to destroy would-be dissidents and conquer the arena.

So yeah, I've never met a gacha that didn't eventually have me quit in like, 4 months at most, but this is one of my better first weeks at least.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I used to speedrun F2P accounts to b10 for fun. Like I would spend two or three months a year playing SW and always restarting. I like the gameplay loop and you can "go infinite" pretty easily as long as you aren't trying to play 14 hours a day.

Everything newbie-friendly only came after years of community theory crafting. The devs ended up just taking what every player guide said and put it in the game

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s actually not a bad game at all and I played a lot of it. I jut got burned out on the gameplay loop.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Mr Hootington posted:

I beg you all. Talk to a real woman

She told me the trash was full again. I just took it out 15 minutes ago wtf.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Elephanthead posted:

She told me the trash was full again. I just took it out 15 minutes ago wtf.

I swear our trashcan is cursed. Once you have children, it just generates trash on its own until it's overly full and you can't smash it down any further.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

New Leaf posted:

I swear our trashcan is cursed. Once you have children, it just generates trash on its own until it's overly full and you can't smash it down any further.

There's no feeling quite like going to toss some trash in the can, seeing its full, and being able to smush it AAALLL the way down without making a mess. Laziness rules supreme!

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I downloaded blue archive yesterday. It's pretty awesome. I don't hear people talking about it though.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

gay for gacha posted:

I downloaded blue archive yesterday. It's pretty awesome. I don't hear people talking about it though.

yea it's pretty fun, unfortunately the game is kinda shallow + progress is a real slow grind with not much to do on a daily basis, so there's not a lot TO talk about, but sometimes a casual game that you can spend 20 minutes a day on is all you need. plus the art + animation is just cute + silly most of the time

here's a video showing the 4 newest units coming soon for the JP server, for example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arM3buI4Gwo

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Looks like the preload for that new Mana gacha is here. Will probably give it a try in a few days, once I have some time off work.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Another new gacha came out called "Seven Mortal Sins". According to Reddit, if you go to the game's website they have a download for the "lewd" APK if that's your speed. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.userjoy.sineng&hl=en_US&gl=US

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just delivering the news.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

avoraciopoctules posted:

Looks like the preload for that new Mana gacha is here. Will probably give it a try in a few days, once I have some time off work.

Yeah I saw that it was released today and was curious if anyone had any impressions.

Edit I guess it doesn’t go live till tomorrow

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Indecisive posted:

yea it's pretty fun, unfortunately the game is kinda shallow + progress is a real slow grind with not much to do on a daily basis, so there's not a lot TO talk about, but sometimes a casual game that you can spend 20 minutes a day on is all you need. plus the art + animation is just cute + silly most of the time

here's a video showing the 4 newest units coming soon for the JP server, for example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arM3buI4Gwo

My main complaint with blue archive is that the menus just feel really bad. It's a game where your main day-to-day activity is just checking in for a bit and poking around some menus to collect all your various goodies before spending all your ap on insta-sweeping some stages. But it feels like 50% of the playtime is just waiting for the game to do something after you hit a button in the menus. They all have such long delays and animations and whatnot. For example, collecting your loot from the crafting station and then crafting something else only takes maybe 4 taps, but there are long unskippable animations of fancy crafty particle effects between each tap that you just have to sit there and watch and wait for even though you've already seen them all a hundred times (and you'll see each of them 3 times again, since you have to do it 3x for 3 crafting stations).

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Is the story and writing in Blue Archive any good? (Mainly plays gacha for the story and dialog.)

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

theblackw0lf posted:

Is the story and writing in Blue Archive any good? (Mainly plays gacha for the story and dialog.)

The tutorial was good, but my Japanese sucks anyway so I'm sure there was a lot of nuance I didn't understand.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Blue Archive is mostly comedy writing. If you don't enjoy incredibly poor financial decisions by girls who are clearly over their head in a light hearted fashion, avoid it.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

is anyone else checking out time defenders, aka 'what if arknights was 3d but also had some of the most startling tower defense camera perspectives imagineable'? It's pretty fascinating so far purely for how weird it feels to play (like in a way that compels me to see how weird it gets) but from what ive heard its not doin great overseas so the fact it got an english loc in the first place was apparently surprising

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

its mostly pretty light, saturday morning cartoon / idk the anime equivalent type stuff. pretty fun with the occasional innuendo (a few of the characters bring a lot more than others). Each story segment is maybe 3-5 minutes of reading, and each character has 4-5 mini story segments that unlock as you raise their affinity that are a bit shorter. There's actually quite a bit early on and it slowly peters off until you've unlocked everything and then you just get the occasional update / event.

I wouldn't say it's anything amazing but it's a lot more entertaining than the standard gacha fare that takes its story and worldbuilding way too seriously. It's a world where schoolgirls carry (and use) guns every day and nobody actually dies or even is seriously injured really, and the tone reflects that.

There is a couple segments where things attempt to get serious, with a man in an ugly mask being weird + threatening, but the story hasn't really gone far enough to know what is gonna happen with that yet. There's been 1 major story arc that has resolved so far and we're partyway into the second.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The main story segments in BA are a lot better than the characters stories, who outside of a few (the game dev club members, Maki, Haruka) are just horrible garbage where either the student or the sensei are hornbags

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
So Echoes of Mana is now officially live for those of yall who live on the west coast and are still awake.

But it has a surprise 2gb download right after the tutorial ends. Why couldn't that data be included with the initial apk for a game that literally just released and has never had a patch/update in its life? Who knows!

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

Reroll is easy at least, you just delete data at the title screen and it lets you skip the tutorial.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

So Echoes of Mana is now officially live for those of yall who live on the west coast and are still awake.

But it has a surprise 2gb download right after the tutorial ends. Why couldn't that data be included with the initial apk for a game that literally just released and has never had a patch/update in its life? Who knows!

so long as it works.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LIMBO KING posted:

Reroll is easy at least, you just delete data at the title screen and it lets you skip the tutorial.

Anyone have a reroll list?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MarcusSA posted:

Anyone have a reroll list?

It is launching at the same time in JP and NA so there is no previous version for people to make tier lists from.
There are also only 6 four-star units in the game at launch...

This jp strategy guide website of dubious trustworthiness claims Sumo and Duran are SS-tier and the other 4 are S-tier. Both of those two have a 60s self super-armor buff, and on top of that Sumo can heal the party and Duran shreds enemy defence.

Although MC has one of those self-superarmor buffs too so you're probably not missing too too much without those two. MC's is only 45s but maybe it goes up when you upgrade their rarity? They start as just a 1* unit but it seems like everything can eventually be upgraded to 6* through some kind of grindy process.

e: and Shiloh gets a SA buff too, so that actually makes fully half of the launch 4-stars with one. There are also some 3-star and 2-star units with the same/similar skill!

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Apr 27, 2022

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Im having fun being a wavedashing idiot with Riesz

Didnt reroll, went through and just decided to play it through, eventually netting a 4* Riesz which was the plan. Game would feel better with a controller though.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Check out the new game Chromatic Souls. :evilbuddy:

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Welp, first rolls from the tutorial gave me Sumo, Duran and Reisz, so my string of pulling every OP unit as soon as I start a gacha continues

Any info on the memory crystal system floating around yet? Seems like the aegis bonuses will be pretty important down the line

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Since this is a worldwide release, instead of a game that was out in JP for a few months first, there's not really a tier list.

Right now, the general consensus is just go for favorites. Try for at least 1 4* Character and 1 4* Memory Gem.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
I have a ludicrously high end gaming phone and the tutorial is lagging and stuttering :psyduck:

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Loading times are a pain. Everything else is pretty and fun enough but I'm not sure I can get over every single button press bringing me to a five to ten second scenery change.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
This is the kind of game where you're gonna need a team of every element anyway, and knowing WFS and S-E the power creep should ramp up very quickly. But Sumo/Duran/Riesz is working pretty well for me, I'm currently gated by the boss battle in 3-7

bad stuff: the constant loading screens are annoying, it's not very optimized (noticeable memory leak after a few rerolls), and the gacha rates are cheeks

e: did another multi and pulled Angela, she's super good. replaced Reisz on my team

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 27, 2022

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
i suffered through the lag to try and play the tutorial and then it completely bugged out and wouldn't let me do anything but run around

A+ game launch :thumbsup:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm on an A71 5G and I'm not having any of your issues, so sounds like more of a localized problem to me.

I have the full Secret of Mana roster, which is the only game in the series I have any nostalgia for, so I'm all set.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 27, 2022

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

It's very easy to reroll so i spent about 40m getting a 3 4* start

On the title screen is user support > clear user data. Even let's you slip the tutorial!

You can also save rolls with data transfer.

It seems enjoyable but I'm hoping the loads are server checks or something because they are not great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

chalk me up as another one playing the mana gacha (my partner is a diehard mana fan so he's been excited for this since announcement :kiddo:) and i'm probably gonna stick with my Angela/Popoi 4* rolls even if they arent the supposed meta or whatever