Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
What do you think about this movie idea?

A group of high school coders are getting ready for the big coding dance in the spring. It’s an event where are you really want to be at your best. Only the Greatest coders can socially survive the tense coding atmosphere.

As is the tradition, the coders team up in pairs. One coder thinks that she is so good that no matter who her partner is, she will win Coding Queen at the dance. Her friends thinks that she is arrogant and needs to hit the restart button on her attitude.

So to prove her point, she says she can take anyone who has never touched a computer before and turn them into the best coder by the time of the dance. She chooses the captain of the football team: a tall, beautiful, muscular, loving idiot. His knowledge of computers barely goes beyond his iPhone 13.

Well, this may surprise you, but it turns out that underneath his handsome façade, he’s not a loving idiot and he actually plays Starcraft when no one is looking. The girl coder is able to teach him python before the dance and what was once a Windows ME level joke is now a true romance. She knows that he is the one for her when he comes down the giant stairway at coding dance and he looks so good in his Linux hat (the letter jacket no where to be seen)

It could be called “He’s All NAT.”

Any feedback is appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i give it 0/1

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Brrrmph posted:

So to prove her point, she says she can take anyone who has never touched a computer before and turn them into the best coder by the time of the dance. She chooses the captain of the football team: a tall, beautiful, muscular, loving idiot. His knowledge of computers barely goes beyond his iPhone 13.

Well, this may surprise you, but it turns out that underneath his handsome façade, he’s not a loving idiot and he actually plays Starcraft when no one is looking.

so, what you're saying is, a girl actually couldn't teach someone who had "never touched a computer before"

why are you undermining the star of your movie?

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

so, what you're saying is, a girl actually couldn't teach someone who had "never touched a computer before"

why are you undermining the star of your movie?

That’s a good point. I guess I thought this movie was not about female empowerment, but learning that it is what’s on the inside that counts. Might have to find a balance where he’s dumb but willing to learn.

Thank you.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

jesus WEP posted:

i give it 1/0

Can the girl have an R2/D2 like sidekick/friend/pet that's constantly making quips in beeps and boops that she has to translate for the audience.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Also the high school principle should have it out for her, for reasons.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

it's a "no" from me

unless it's a musical in which case it's an even bigger "no"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Brrrmph posted:

That’s a good point. I guess I thought this movie was not about female empowerment, but learning that it is what’s on the inside that counts. Might have to find a balance where he’s dumb but willing to learn.

Thank you.

you're welcome! also please consider doing a "where are they now" card sequence at the end. that's always a hoot and a holler

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
and a blooper reel

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
drat op you really stuck the landing with that title

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
I'd rather watch a movie where a 400 lb MSCE-certified professional falls in love with Desktop Dancer and writes an AI that becomes sentient and takes revenge on the world

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
two computer janitors fall in love under a desk while blowing dust out of a power supply

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

"He blew the dust out of her PSU. She blew the dust out of his heart"

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Question: Will there or will there not be an incredibly explicit sex scene where the male protagonist goes "I'm in"

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

your fixation on high school aged children should be examined...carefully

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Two IT guys following a network cable from opposite ends, meeting in the middle a la Lady and the Tramp

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
body positive file system love story called she’s all FAT

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Buck Turgidson posted:

Two IT guys following a network cable from opposite ends, meeting in the middle a la Lady and the Tramp

this but they meet at the patch panel in the closet...and come out together

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
we should remake hackers but it's all killer rad trans nerds doing cool poo poo

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Brrrmph posted:

One coder thinks that she

hmmmm

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

just kidding dont yell at me.

epitaph
Dec 31, 2008
hackers 2: operation takedown is the pinnacle of computer movies

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

The McAfee story: code on the run

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

your fixation on high school aged children should be examined...carefully

I spent like 2 minutes in the anime subforum and let me tell you, they love them some cartoon kids

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

drat op you really stuck the landing with that title

yeah voted 5

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Brrrmph posted:

What do you think about this movie idea?

A group of high school coders are getting ready for the big coding dance in the spring. It’s an event where are you really want to be at your best. Only the Greatest coders can socially survive the tense coding atmosphere.

As is the tradition, the coders team up in pairs. One coder thinks that she is so good that no matter who her partner is, she will win Coding Queen at the dance. Her friends thinks that she is arrogant and needs to hit the restart button on her attitude.

Well, this may surprise you, but it turns out that underneath his handsome façade, he’s not a loving idiot and he actually plays Starcraft when no one is looking. The girl coder is able to teach him python before the dance and what was once a Windows ME level joke is now a true romance. She knows that he is the one for her when he comes down the giant stairway at coding dance and he looks so good in his Linux hat (the letter jacket no where to be seen)

It could be called “He’s All NAT.”

Any feedback is appreciated.

perfect, no notes on the plot. you could change the tech stack and go for “MEAN girls” for the title, or “High School Musical: the SQL”, maybe “The Lunch and Learn Club” or “1010 Things I Hate About You”

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
What does "NAT" mean?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gentle Autist posted:

“1010 Things I Hate About You”

lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
cum-puter

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i wanna see someone loving and cumming in a computer

i don't care about the gender of the someone or the gender of the computer

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Brrrmph posted:

Thank you.

perfect just have him go into Windows IT administration

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gentle Autist posted:

“1010 Things I Hate About You”

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

Sniep posted:

perfect just have him go into Windows IT administration

i don't think he's intending for that film to be a tragedy, tho

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

aliens attack but a nerd who likes to play chess outside and hates nukes just flies up to them and plants a computer virus and a nuke in the mothership and all the aliens are all like “aww poo poo now we die” and all the humans cheer and praise USA.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

guy typing fast and sweating

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

a film based on a computer game, except good this time

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

she’s chinese it’s normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬