Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

hatty posted:

Maybe they’ll improve the net code. What was it people didn’t like? The tick rate or something right?

Yup. Hopefully it’s improved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd bet there'll be a dedicated Direct within a month or two announcing a testfire as a network test.

Yeah there will definitely be one, maybe they’ll announce it in June? You know, around the time E3 would have been…? Early Summer seems like it would be a good time for that.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

Fall starts on the 22nd of September so it is still in fact summer.

Don’t come at me with your calendar facts. September is Fall, I won’t hear otherwise. My son is in Kindergarten and just learned the seasons and agrees with me. His first words on hearing were “that’s not summer!”

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

hatty posted:

Maybe they’ll improve the net code. What was it people didn’t like? The tick rate or something right?

Nintendo did get a new online infrastructure, though no word on if Splatoon 3 will use it or not.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Better netcode and improved performance is really all I'm hoping for with 3, it seems like more of the same from 2 just with new specials or w/e. Give me 60fps and I'd buy that rear end again.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

In Training posted:

Better netcode and improved performance is really all I'm hoping for with 3, it seems like more of the same from 2 just with new specials or w/e. Give me 60fps and I'd buy that rear end again.

splatoon 2 runs at 60fps though?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EightFlyingCars posted:

splatoon 2 runs at 60fps though?

There were definitely maps that had noticeable frame dips during hectic moments, unless I'm misremembering?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Later on in the game's lifespan some maps had some performance dips here and there yeah. Wasn't as bad as 1 which was worse on that front and could be pushed to the brink more easily, but it's there in 2.

Splatoon 2 worked by first decreasing the resolution of the game, and then the framerate if the game started taking heavy loads. It's really noticeable in Salmon Run at higher difficulties.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Still pretty smooth regardless. I hope that doesn’t change with 3.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1525159006968373252?s=21&t=oBLtISOAr9qRn-3Vkmx_SA

A “helpful” infographic lol

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

the number one thing I want for Splatoon 3 is regular scheduled Splatfests for the rest of the game's life. Maybe like every 3 months. Once they decide to stop making new splatfests, just go through all the old ones again on a loop. A lot of my friends jumped into Splatoon 2 pretty late in its life and as a result, only got to play the last splatfest, stars vs shrooms. We had an amazing time even tho our team lost and it sucks that we wont get another one till Splatoon 3

The second biggest thing that I want is the ability to form a lobby with your friends before you all go into matchmaking together for normal turf wars. Im totally fine with being on different teams once the lobby is rolling, its just a huge nightmare to play with more than 2 other friends currently. When we have 6 or more of us, it usually takes like 20+ minutes to get everyone into the same lobby since only 2 are allowed to wait at a time. And once the maps change, we have to do that all over again. There's no reason it has to be like this and it wastes so much of our limited gaming time whenever we get together

If they address those two issues, then this might be my GOTY, even over Elden Ring

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Yeah they really need to go beyond 2 years for Splatfests this time.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

The second biggest thing that I want is the ability to form a lobby with your friends before you all go into matchmaking together for normal turf wars.

Yeah basically they need to reverse the paradigm so that instead of all of your many friends joining a room, to let you create a public room with friends that can be filled in with randos. They should also keep the joining mechanic too, though, in case someone wants to hop in later.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
What I want for sure is the ability to select my weapon and loadout during matchmaking, and to see what weapons my teammates are bringing before the match starts so we don't end up with stuff like four brushes.

Maybe that's against the spirit though.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Loadout slots! Loadout slots!

Please just let me save some configs i like

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BrightWing posted:

Loadout slots! Loadout slots!

Please just let me save some configs i like

You can already do that!*

*with amiibo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1534470256932143105?s=20&t=o6erPtHF9PBtb749morWKA

Oh no

They're hairy

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Gross

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That’s really weird.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

These furry enemies are weird and strange and I do not want them to be playable.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Those suction cups won't even be able to stick to anything. A disappointing octo.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/PufuuLive/status/1534523371425259520?t=BV2KrO9Rlr3zypUb5V6qow&s=19

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Splat 1: Cali-Marie
Splat 2: Pearl Harbor Marina

Splat 3: ?

Bayo Buta

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I'm starting to get worried there won't be new idols

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gish and Chip

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There'll probably be a new trailer at the summer Direct. We really barely know anything about the game at this point and we're about due for a big info dump of some kind.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Not sure what's to know

More salmon run
New customization options
New specials
New stages
New weapon class
Fur

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Bloop posted:

Not sure what's to know

More salmon run
New customization options
New specials
New stages
New weapon class
Fur

Wizards and turn based strategy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Probably go into the story a bit, new NPCs, we're almost certainly getting a new hub area as well.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Some think apartments are coming which I hope is true. Would be neat to decorate a little place for my squid.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
I'd love apartments but I just don't see it happening on account of how many assets you'd have to make for something akin to an animal crossing room designer that doesn't really affect the core gameplay. The variety of clothes and such make sense since you wear em into battle with added effects.

The most I can see them doing is some kind of bedroom hub a la the splat1 startup screen where you can change your clothes, or maybe display medals

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

VibrantPareidolia posted:

The most I can see them doing is some kind of bedroom hub a la the splat1 startup screen where you can change your clothes, or maybe display medals

I’m thinking of something akin to this. Not too complex but something more than just a screen when you view a character in the hub.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A minimal room like link's house in botw where you can display several outfits to quick change into would be neat

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Splat 1: Cali-Marie
Splat 2: Pearl Harbor Marina

Splat 3: ?

Bayo Buta

Splat 3: Nina/Levin

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

VibrantPareidolia posted:

I'd love apartments but I just don't see it happening on account of how many assets you'd have to make for something akin to an animal crossing room designer that doesn't really affect the core gameplay. The variety of clothes and such make sense since you wear em into battle with added effects.

good thing the splatoon dev team is also the animal crossing dev team

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

shame on an IGA posted:

good thing the splatoon dev team is also the animal crossing dev team

This is not a joke btw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/SplatoonNA/status/1539594096972808192?s=20&t=GScTBTLqXelsyl0jvzKb5A

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:woomy:

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:
Standard floppers for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001