Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

they didn't like me referring to standup as the scrum dumpster but I'm the master here

qirex posted:

unjustly fired for refusing to change my team name from the "scrum guzzlers"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cloks posted:

got the job, putting an end to this thrilling story

more money, defined responsibilities, less work - everything i was looking for

awesome!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

is the interview thread still active?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

post in it and find out

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

strangehamster posted:

is the interview thread still active?

Yeah, over the last month there was a success story to feel good about.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

my tech lead resigned two weeks ago and now apparently I am the tech lead, which means I'm spending the next two and a half hours on a meeting with state auditors. fun

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

congratulations on your promotion

Apr 7, 2003

i fuckin hate auditor calls

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

i fuckin hate auditor calls

tori help us out here. what is it… ya do here?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Armitag3 posted:

your mother!!

Apr 7, 2003

Armitag3 posted:

get yelled at by Medicaid auditors

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

https://twitter.com/edsuom/status/1517564170891276288

we are all going to suffer and die. even you.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

:unsmith:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

covid causes obesity?

Apr 7, 2003

Apparently someone is already suffering from cognitive symptoms.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

also I looked thru that dudes tweets and he’s paranoid of catching covid from deer making GBS threads in his yard so I think he’s just as crazy as you are

Apr 7, 2003

Someone didn’t read the paper and decided he’s just going to shoot the messenger instead.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

kitten emergency posted:

covid causes obesity?

kitten emergency posted:

also I looked thru that dudes tweets and he’s paranoid of catching covid from deer making GBS threads in his yard so I think he’s just as crazy as you are

You're not wanted in this thread. please go away.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Jonny 290 posted:

You're not wanted in this thread. please go away.

COVID will give them what's coming to them

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

interestingly that graph also suggests that with 95% certainty vaccination *increases* the risk of depression and anxiety

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

interestingly that graph also suggests that with 95% certainty vaccination *increases* the risk of depression and anxiety

it's dumb liberals getting sad their jabby doesn't actually make brunch safe

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Not at all. It says that having the vaccine does not correlate with a reduced risk of depression and anxiety.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

carry on then posted:

it's dumb liberals getting sad their jabby doesn't actually make brunch safe

i think you are already aware that they in fact do not care about that even a little though

MrQueasy posted:

Not at all. It says that having the vaccine does not correlate with a reduced risk of depression and anxiety.

hmm? i thought hazard ratios were invertible, what significance do >1 ones have then?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

i think you are already aware that they in fact do not care about that even a little though

hmm? i thought hazard ratios were invertible, what significance do >1 ones have then?

I'm not good at reading studies, but I think this only includes people who got covid, and so there may be noise from non-covid caused symptoms?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

MrQueasy posted:

I'm not good at reading studies, but I think this only includes people who got covid, and so there may be noise from non-covid caused symptoms?

i mean, i was of course being a bit sarcastic, i have little doubt that is not a real pharmacological thing. either some weird noise (95% is after all only 95%) or maybe simply psychology (kind of sucks double to get covid when you're properly vaccinated?)

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Due to Poe's law, I want to make it clear that I do not doubt that:

- long covid exists
- long covid may look different between vaccinated and unvaccinated populations
- this is a health catastrophe that we don't fully understand

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the important thing is that we didn’t pause global capitalism for 3 weeks in 2020 to prevent this from happening because that would have cost some people some money

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

the important thing is it's now truly a referendum on each individual. do you stay strong and remain truly isolated or do you show weakness and get punished for it?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

kitten emergency posted:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Things are goin pretty well over here these days to be honest.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

i didn't read the study, but these numbers are for when you catch covid and have symptoms, right? so my dumb question is: if you are vaccinated and don't catch covid or catch it asymptomatically, those outcomes do not apply, right?

carry on then posted:

the important thing is it's now truly a referendum on each individual. do you stay strong and remain truly isolated or do you show weakness and get punished for it?

i dont like the dropping of precautions and masking wholesale either.
but my dude, the chances are that if the overwhelming majority of people is aok with the delusion that "covid is over" then i feel like remaining truly isolated is also going to do a number on your mental health

the best individual strategy that is not micromanaging your entire existence around avoiding covid, is probably getting a wfh gig and moving away from big crowded cities

it sucks rear end, but individual struggles matter gently caress all when a problem should be solved by collective action. see also: climate change

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Penisface posted:

i didn't read the study, but these numbers are for when you catch covid and have symptoms, right? so my dumb question is: if you are vaccinated and don't catch covid or catch it asymptomatically, those outcomes do not apply, right?

You can't categorically say that they "do not apply" in the case of catching it asymptomatically.

It's more like "nobody has any idea whether or not they apply".

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Jabor posted:

You can't categorically say that they "do not apply" in the case of catching it asymptomatically.

It's more like "nobody has any idea whether or not they apply".

yeah i guess what i want to know is what's the overall % of getting "long covid" if you are vaccinated

and i feel like that percentage is ways from being 95%. for example, if your chances of getting covid while vaccinated are 5%, and the chances of long covid are 5%, and long covid has a 95% chance of a bad effect on you, then the math works out to 0.05*0.05*0.95=0.002357% which is not that big and scary anymore.

of course all of this scales to quite real numbers with billions of people being infected, but it would be nice to have those general rough estimations instead of just pointing at a 95% value

oh wait the study was made during delta variant when the 3rd booster shots were not a thing yet. i am suddenly not really sure how this applies to the current situation anymore

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Penisface posted:

yeah i guess what i want to know is what's the overall % of getting "long covid" if you are vaccinated
The answer is that nobody really knows yet.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Fabricated posted:

The answer is that nobody really knows yet.

partially because nobody knows how many times you'll have covid and the effects can be cumulative

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this website looks like one of those from the early 2000s that would steal credit card info

i've placed a few orders with them in the past. good experience, will do so again.

i tried the half-mask respirator for a while but the rubber made my nose/face break out in zits when i did a couple of nine-hour stints in it, and it kept accumulating puddles of water from my breath. the harley n95s are legit easier and more comfortable.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jonny 290 posted:

to this day if i catch a whiff of the right kind of vanilla i remember this girl in high school that i pined for. the floor is now open for jokes

same but that scent you get off of chamomile-scented soap (idk if that's real chamomile scent or not)

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I've ordered from here too and it was fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Bonafide had like a month where they absolutely dropped the ball though. Things seem to be better than they were before their strange breakdown though, so I still use them.