Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

I just got my first check from touching computer and it's just in my account and I sent huge chunks of it to people but there's enough left to buy idk a shelf for my closet. And there's more of these computer touching checks coming if I maintain milestones which are mostly makework rituals with low stakes?

I don't know how you could ever leave this behind, omg this feels so good.

congrats on the first paycheck op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

youll understand in time

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

post hole digger posted:

youll understand in time

I hope so.

These are some real nice outdoor pics in the last couple pages.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
managed to get to the centre of the island today

here are some photo. enjoy or not

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I saw a pod of dolphins today, they looked like they were having a blast

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/JY8lJM2.mp4

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Wheres that

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i need to move to the olympic peninsula.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Honestly same

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i ndont want to live in Kitsap :qq:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

Wheres that

post hole digger posted:

i need to move to the olympic peninsula.

it's a ridiculously beautiful place. this was on the quinault/enchanted valley trail

zoom in to see an elk(?) crossing the river [background, left side of water]. i had my nice camera but the hike in was sub-40s rain and my hands were wet and numb so i didn't bother using it. got in the tent at 6p and stayed there until sunrise. woke to ice on tent, and perfect dry conditions for the hike out :allears:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
noice

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this looks epic man

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

it's a ridiculously beautiful place. this was on the quinault/enchanted valley trail

zoom in to see an elk(?) crossing the river [background, left side of water]. i had my nice camera but the hike in was sub-40s rain and my hands were wet and numb so i didn't bother using it. got in the tent at 6p and stayed there until sunrise. woke to ice on tent, and perfect dry conditions for the hike out :allears:

nice. did you go by yourself?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

jesus is always with you friend

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

can confirm

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
turn on your monitor

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bumping this thread with the force of one thousand slack DMs

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
bump

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
bumpin'

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

heading out to the cabin tomorrow, only 4 days or so, but very hype

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

feeling seen

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
bunp

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bnumk

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
went for a walk at the bird sanctuary by my house today and saw a BUNCH of painted buntings

i've lived in austin for like 25 non-consecutive years and never saw a single one, but this week I've seen ten of em in all kinds of places. birds are cool; wander outside is cool

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

bump

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I'm still applying for IT jobs, have had a couple of interviews, and I can't stop thinking about how much I'd rather be doing something more pleasant like repeatedly slamming my face in a door.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

bump.

I'm thinking of leaving the industry for some time to work on sculpting dicks because I feel like I've had a lot of inspiration in the past decade

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
as long as you do it in the woods in a little shack

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Fishbus posted:

bump.

I'm thinking of leaving the industry for some time to work on sculpting dicks because I feel like I've had a lot of inspiration in the past decade

https://art.montana.edu/directory/1523844/dean-adams

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Fishbus posted:

bump.

Cynthia Plastercaster just died, so someone's gotta continue the work

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

waking up early as hell tomorrow to go on a quick overnight backpacking trip in the mountains, what will be the first of many this summer :pray:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

post hole digger posted:

waking up early as hell tomorrow to go on a quick overnight backpacking trip in the mountains, what will be the first of many this summer :pray:

sounds real good except the early part. i want to get a small campervan explicitly to drive to trailheads the night before so i can avoid waking up early

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i dont mind it. driving up after work, you're stuck in traffic with everyone else trying to get out of the bay for the weekend. get up early and no one is on the roads.

bailing out of work at like 1pm is great too tho :cawg: but not in the cards this weekend...

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

post hole digger posted:

I did it. a lot more snow up there (we started around 7000 ft, and spent most of the time between 8-9000) than i expected still which is good but its melting fast. we spent ~3/4 of the trip walking through snow without anyone elses footprints on it, which was awesome

nothing like hiking in shorts in the snow

post hole digger fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 16, 2022

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

post hole digger posted:

i dont mind it. driving up after work, you're stuck in traffic with everyone else trying to get out of the bay for the weekend. get up early and no one is on the roads.

when i worked 3rd shift at motorola back in arkansas it was dank as hell. at 7pm i'd drive up into work, watching this insane line of traffic jammed cars all crawling home on the other side of the freeway. then id get off at 6am and drive home, watching this insane line of traffic jammed cars all crawling to work on the other side of the freeway

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dude that's incredible. really stoked for you

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Cool tree