Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

gog, I’m guessing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

gog, I’m guessing?

if it's on gog you can just download it as a standalone package so if you don't lmao at u

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

it’s EGS until start of 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

it’s EGS until start of 2023

how do we know? it's not like anyone has ever installed the actual client. you just add the games to you are library so you can not play them.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

oh lol I didn't know they had an actual actor (Sam Witwer) do the protagonist's voice/face/mocap in DAYS GONE until I saw a gifset for THE MIST - a film I never saw - and thought Hey he looks familiar??

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Sapozhnik posted:

Yeah I'll remember that sifu exists in a year or so once it's out on the good game purchasing platform

The one that doesn't rifle through your installed games from other platforms and then report back what it finds

ach! not me cheevos!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

NoneMoreNegative posted:

oh lol I didn't know they had an actual actor (Sam Witwer) do the protagonist's voice/face/mocap in DAYS GONE until I saw a gifset for THE MIST - a film I never saw - and thought Hey he looks familiar??

yeah same, except for me it was starting days gone and thinking "hey wait a minute isn't that the vampire from being human"

the mist is pretty good, except the ending is changed to be way more of a downer than the original story

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Soiled Meat
the mist loving rules and so does the ending

and the monsters

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah it owns. Stephen King likes the movie ending better than his original iirc

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the mist loving rules and so does the ending

and the monsters

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Remember when GoG's whole deal was taking old games and patching them up so that they would run properly on modern systems?

Boy I miss those days. I bought Episode 1 Podracer on GoG recently and I can't even get it to start up. I'm sure there are a series of fan patches and hacks that I will eventually find and install to make it work, like I also had to do with Dead Space, but the whole reason I buy it on GoG is because they're supposed to include that stuff with the install.

At least the really really old games work, I guess, but that's just because they put them in a DOSbox wrapper and call it a day

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

this reminded me of those old xiao xiao flash animations where the stick figure badass would beat up all the other stick figures

these ones were incredible!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Remember when GoG's whole deal was taking old games and patching them up so that they would run properly on modern systems?

Boy I miss those days. I bought Episode 1 Podracer on GoG recently and I can't even get it to start up. I'm sure there are a series of fan patches and hacks that I will eventually find and install to make it work, like I also had to do with Dead Space, but the whole reason I buy it on GoG is because they're supposed to include that stuff with the install.

At least the really really old games work, I guess, but that's just because they put them in a DOSbox wrapper and call it a day

I thought podracer got the whole remastered treatment recently

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah but I don't have a switch or ps4.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6zRspkLRP4

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Soiled Meat

PokeJoe posted:

Yeah it owns. Stephen King likes the movie ending better than his original iirc

this is true

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

the novella is not really an ending at all, it's literally just "and that's the end of my diary, ok going back outside now." the movie ending is maybe the most shocking horror ending i've ever come across, it's pretty much perfect imo

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah I don't know what happened. Maybe it's more profitable to be an also-ran Steam competitor. Sucks.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I fell that's kind of "well duh"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFuP6LxJlSg

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tried Arena a bit because it's free and I'd forgotten than it literally needs a new UI to be playable.

And even then it's not actually good. At least Morrowind is an OK game.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE GOG GALAXY TO PLAY ANY GAMES BOUGHT FROM GOG JESUS CHRIST

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Tried Arena a bit because it's free and I'd forgotten than it literally needs a new UI to be playable.

And even then it's not actually good. At least Morrowind is an OK game.

moddable at all?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jabor posted:

moddable at all?

it's over 23, didn't look into it yet. must be people working on it.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i use gog galaxy because its a nicer way to launch my non steam games

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i keep forgetting my gog account exists

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Me: U can get a game for like 1,29€ on gog its pretty cool.
Epic Game Store: *psst* hey kid...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

gog Galaxy actually rules because it will log into all of your other services like steam and epic and even PlayStation, Nintendo and Xbox and get a big list of all your games in one place

it’s great because there have been a couple times where I was ready to pull the trigger on a game and discovered I already had it on like Amazon gaming or something like that.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
now that i have the ps5 but before i am spoiled by the ps5, got back into bloodborne. just barely beat the bsb and exploited the hell out of the cum dungeon. the game is fun now. got ludwig's buster sword, beat the witches to use runes, and whomped the vicar amelia first try.

otoh the summoning help feature doesn't really seem to result in any hits from other players. smart of them to include npc summons i guess

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

now that i have the ps5 but before i am spoiled by the ps5, got back into bloodborne. just barely beat the bsb and exploited the hell out of the cum dungeon. the game is fun now. got ludwig's buster sword, beat the witches to use runes, and whomped the vicar amelia first try.

otoh the summoning help feature doesn't really seem to result in any hits from other players. smart of them to include npc summons i guess

more like blecchbore

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kenny Logins posted:

game's 7 years old and all the current from fans are playing elden ring

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

found the leyndell catacombs last night. god drat from soft are absolute masters of level design

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

haveblue posted:

game's 7 years old and all the current from fans are playing elden ring
that explains it lol. i'm fine with it, at this point. being level 125 is better than maybe getting help from some rando

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

if you “exploited the hell out of the cum dungeon “ you’re probably over leveled for anyone in the same area as you to get summoned. other players have to be within like 20-30 levels around you to get summoned

e:

Kenny Logins posted:

that explains it lol. i'm fine with it, at this point. being level 125 is better than maybe getting help from some rando

yeah that would do it, I think I was in the 80s when I beat the game

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Kenny Logins posted:

the big sword owns

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jenny Agutter posted:

if you “exploited the hell out of the cum dungeon “ you’re probably over leveled for anyone in the same area as you to get summoned. other players have to be within like 20-30 levels around you to get summoned
huh. didn't know this. ty

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the big sword owns
it do

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Soiled Meat

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

gog Galaxy actually rules because it will log into all of your other services like steam and epic and even PlayStation, Nintendo and Xbox and get a big list of all your games in one place

it’s great because there have been a couple times where I was ready to pull the trigger on a game and discovered I already had it on like Amazon gaming or something like that.

it also has a remote code exploit that they’ve known about for years and refuse to fix

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

use Playnite instead for multi-library consolidation, GOG galaxy sucks rear end

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

it also has a remote code exploit that they’ve known about for years and refuse to fix
doesn't the attacker need physical access? either way lol and lmao that that's still there

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

lol ät having opinions on whatever the things are called just get a ps5