Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Asleep Style posted:

it was nice knowing you all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

i got an outbreak after only like 15 years! shingles speedrun woo!

p sure it left me with some sort of permanent nerve damage to boot. the outbreak area has pins and needles and inexplicable pain on occasion.

at least in the US iirc it's only covered under most insurance if you're over 50 :negative:

it's 150 bux without coverage.

this is, of course, horrifying and terrible and a crime against humanity, but if you're a computer toucher in this thread you can afford it.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
medical insurance executives should be in jail

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
pop it like it's hot

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Stereotype posted:

agreed

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Stereotype posted:

executives should be in jail

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Stereotype posted:

why stop there

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

americans can't go a single day without thinking of tossing people into jail

smdh

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

this

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Asleep Style posted:

partner got exposed at work and just popped hot. it was nice knowing you all

good luck. last week my wife had an appointment with a client and was informed upon their arrival they were covid positive lol

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

partner called their doctor in an attempt to get a paxlovid script and the doctor tried to give them an ivermectin script instead. every day a new crack ping

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Asleep Style posted:

partner called their doctor in an attempt to get a paxlovid script and the doctor tried to give them an ivermectin script instead. every day a new crack ping

Lol

Get a new doctor

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

yeah, tell doctor death to gently caress off

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Lol

Get a new doctor

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

unless your partner is a horse and that doctor is a vet, but it seems unlikely

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Agile Vector posted:

unless your partner is a horse and that doctor is a vet, but it seems unlikely

you’d like to think that, wouldn’t you?

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

already working on it

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

it's just so deeply stupid I can't believe it

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

a very troubling universe indeed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just got sore throat today

🥺

rat test : in progress

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 26, 2022

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

KoRMaK posted:

a very troubling universe indeed

Childhood vaccinations of all sorts are completely in the shitter over the past year too

We're running backwards at top speed from modernity to the comforting idiocy of superstition and mass delusion, it really kicks rear end

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s ok in like 15-20 years after almost eradicated diseases have become common again, there will
be a trend toward more vaccinations

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

it’s ok in like 15-20 years after almost eradicated diseases have become common again, there will

the free market prevails yet again

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Childhood vaccinations of all sorts are completely in the shitter over the past year too

We're running backwards at top speed from modernity to the comforting idiocy of superstition and mass delusion, it really kicks rear end

im lovin it

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

ultravoices posted:

it's 150 bux without coverage.

and you need two, so you can double that number

echinopsis posted:

I just got sore throat today

🥺

rat test : in progress

well?

I had a cold two weeks ago for the first time since like early 2020. normally I'd get them twice a year or so. it was a good run I guess.

i tested myself almost every day in the first week (RAT/LFT's are like €3 here) and every couple days the next week but I never popped positive. did the whole throat swab thing a couple times too even though I believe those are way more prone to false positives.

guess my number hasn't come up yet and I'm still covid-free.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spankmeister posted:

and you need two, so you can double that number

well?

it was neg but it always seems to be a day or two after symptoms start that tests are
+ve

feel like poo poo tho, but that could be the large bag of m&ms I ate for afternoon tea :cry:

just started sneezing right now .. drat there are simply no pharmacists around to cover me, especially since it’s the school holidays. dunno wtf we will do if i can’t go in

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
seasonal flu still sucks mightily even though it won't make you pop hot on a rat

hope you feel better soon echi

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress that reminds me

i’ve been giving hundreds of flu vaccines but haven’t had one myself 😅 people keep telling me I should give myself one but I don’t think that’s allowed

thanks man, me too.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jabor posted:

seasonal flu still sucks mightily even though it won't make you pop hot on a rat

hope you feel better soon echi

last time i got the flu (2017???) it knocked me on my rear end for a week. couldn’t get out of bed and my entire body hurt and then my lungs got inflammation so it hurt to breathe for 2 weeks afterward unless i took ibuprofen

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

and i got it from a guy at work who was joking that he had so much work to do that he didn’t stay home even though he knew he had the flu. lol! same guy got fired for multiple coworkers coming forth with sexual harassment claims against him just a few months after that. cool dude.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

fart simpson posted:

and i got it from a guy at work who was joking that he had so much work to do that he didn’t stay home even though he knew he had the flu. lol! same guy got fired for multiple coworkers coming forth with sexual harassment claims against him just a few months after that. cool dude.

that's definitely another venn diagram is a circle type

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

echinopsis posted:

idk if i would describe this as 'ok' but yeah this is a problem that will sort itself out

probably. hopefully

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

idk if i would describe this as 'ok' but yeah this is a problem that will sort itself out

probably. hopefully

how? most of those diseases had been wrecking people for thousands of years already

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Polio zero is an unrealistic goal. We must expose ourselves to Nature's Vaccine (lifelong paralysis)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Polio zero is an unrealistic goal. We must expose ourselves to Nature's Vaccine (lifelong paralysis)

polios just the flu bro. less than 0.5% of people even get paralyzed, most people dont even show symptoms and usually if you do its just a sore throat. whats the big deal

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

if you get polio you can be president so idk why people are so afraid of it

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

"why does our joyless president never dance?"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Asleep Style posted:

unbelievable. i'd report such a quack were i able

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
My turn

Went to see my PCP today and he said masking is pointless since we’ve all had Covid already. Fuckin great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol some rear end in a top hat tried to use that line 6 months ago while i was grabbing some chinese food to go and then two more masked people came in behind me

he also had a phone riddled with loud auto-playing ads in whatever app he was using, and looked constantly embarrassed by them. i'm assuming there's some oversight in sound judgment between that and the hot take

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 26, 2022