Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Ciaphas posted:

doesn't the attacker need physical access? either way lol and lmao that that's still there

nope, if you can copy files (but dont have elevated privileges yet), you can use it to escalate

https://daniels-it-blog.blogspot.com/2020/07/gog-galaxy-escalation-of-privileges.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

nope, if you can copy files (but dont have elevated privileges yet), you can use it to escalate

https://daniels-it-blog.blogspot.com/2020/07/gog-galaxy-escalation-of-privileges.html

Ciaphas posted:

lol and lmao that that's still there

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://twitter.com/ohnoproblems/status/1518319605671862272?s=20&t=KZnJpq-bapXhKBooWO4wYw

👉👈

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

remote code execution and privilege escalation are not the same thing. you can tell because the names mean different things

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
:actually: if you escalate privs you can then execute code

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i am so mad at you right now

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Achmed Jones posted:

i am so mad at you right now

focus now..

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

got into overwatch 2 beta. somehow one less tank and it's still the same poo poo.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

also this looks neat
https://twitter.com/crecenteb/status/1518969666911232002

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

oh man, getting real big sundered vibes from that

i shoudl replay sundered sometime too, come to think of it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

got into overwatch 2 beta. somehow one less tank and it's still the same poo poo.

two tanks is more fun and now the single tank has more pressure to press w, make space, and not feed than before

doesn’t seem fun to me as a tank main

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Lysidas posted:

oh man, getting real big sundered vibes from that

i shoudl replay sundered sometime too, come to think of it
sundered was pretty fun but i think i bounced off a bit before the final boss

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Kenny Logins posted:

sundered was pretty fun but i think i bounced off a bit before the final boss

yeah some versions of the final boss are a bit of a pain, i never used the cannon in the main game and the better ending of destroying all the elder things means thats all you have in the ending

and there are some combinations of perks that synergize really well and getting those early can be a big difference

i hacked up a save game editing workflow to see whether that combination of perks was worthwhile in the early game, it involved conversion of .net binary dumps to json, some semi-automated modification of the data structures and then conversion from json back to binary, ive probably forgotten some of the manual parts of the workflow but fully automating it seemed like itd mean reconstructing in-memory data structures from a .net dump, which was absolutely not worth it for what i wanted to do

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
beat tunic. there's some great ah-ha moments in that game. felt like a genius when I solved the golden path puzzle

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

lol, finally had some time to pick up elden ring again, I remember nothing about what I'm supposed to be doing and the only things I marked on the map are big monsters so I'm killing them.

and oh look a dungeon tomb, let's go down there and fight through a pile of basilisks and those bullshit chariot puzzles, there must be something good down here surely?

it's two fuckoff big boss knights that stomp me lol

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lol, finally had some time to pick up elden ring again, I remember nothing about what I'm supposed to be doing and the only things I marked on the map are big monsters so I'm killing them.

and oh look a dungeon tomb, let's go down there and fight through a pile of basilisks and those bullshit chariot puzzles, there must be something good down here surely?

it's two fuckoff big boss knights that stomp me lol

crucibully knights

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Try Parrying

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

two tanks is more fun and now the single tank has more pressure to press w, make space, and not feed than before

overwatch, seems, bad

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

didn't even think about how much worse it is for tanks. definitely seems like it's set up for tanks to not have a great experience.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

DRG's season 2 patch is out today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tca3hYMEbXA

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

didn't even think about how much worse it is for tanks. definitely seems like it's set up for tanks to not have a great experience.

yup

instead of trying to balance or make support/tank more interesting to play, they removed a tank slot so queues full of DPS players move faster and eliminate the dps main rolling roadhog/offtank. I’m sure there were other reasons that might be slightly better than that, but poo poo still sucks

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I got one of those ips lcd kits for my childhood gameboy and I must say, it's an improvement.

from

to

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

akadajet posted:

I got one of those ips lcd kits for my childhood gameboy and I must say, it's an improvement.

from

to

that owns

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Kind of wild how good a game Pokémon red/blue was for the time.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you can find mew under the truck btw

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

I found so many glitch Pokémon when I was a kid in a few spots between tile type transitions

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

there was some "cheat" rumour that involved talking to the lemonade vendor 100 times and being an idiot child I tried doing it.

to be fair the actual cheats/glitches were similarly weird

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i refuse to believe any pokemon games are actually good, but drat sure not gonna play one myself to prove it

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i refuse to believe any pokemon games are actually good, but drat sure not gonna play one myself to prove it

it was good when I was a kid and the other school children had it and we could fight and trade over link cables

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pokémon is the only jrpg I’ve ever enjoyed

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/oblivion_rtf/status/1519589362639462400?cxt=HHwWgICzyaye1ZYqAAAA

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

yup

instead of trying to balance or make support/tank more interesting to play, they removed a tank slot so queues full of DPS players move faster and eliminate the dps main rolling roadhog/offtank. I’m sure there were other reasons that might be slightly better than that, but poo poo still sucks

i was only able to play a few matches, but i agree that this is not ideal, especially because i'm used to playing off tank and doing my best to enable the main tank. i think you need two tanks to pull off an effective maneuver, now it's just two groups of five smashing head on with no finesse

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Forums poster ElephantGun mentioned a glitch that let you save General Leo in FF6 and keep him in your party. Well, except you can't take him to the world of ruin, although who knows if something else has been discovered since then. This was discovered by some random poster on GameFAQs and nobody really commented on it until EG made his big showcase thread. Apparently that was one of the more popular made up playground rumors of the day and somebody stumbled on a way to make it happen.

you are well informed

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i was only able to play a few matches, but i agree that this is not ideal, especially because i'm used to playing off tank and doing my best to enable the main tank. i think you need two tanks to pull off an effective maneuver, now it's just two groups of five smashing head on with no finesse

yup

I loved overwatch because of the synergies you could get going. Enabling your teammates and being rewarded for playing as a team via ability management and synchronisation was fun as hell, and now it looks/feels like a street brawl where whoever’s tank dies first probably wins the fight.

you would think moving to one tank would slow the fights down since your tank needs to press S way more often to stay alive, but instead since it now fully caters to DPS mains, you just melt and die

I haven’t actually played so this take may be incorrect, but this is just based on watching some streams

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
sikk

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

distortion park posted:

Kind of wild how good a game Pokémon red/blue was for the time.
it was just good enough to get me to play it in high school without feeling too embarrassed, but. wasn't good enough (as a series/concept) to play anything but the blue one. i got to enjoy the dose i had

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Sapozhnik posted:

Forums poster ElephantGun mentioned a glitch that let you save General Leo in FF6 and keep him in your party. Well, except you can't take him to the world of ruin, although who knows if something else has been discovered since then. This was discovered by some random poster on GameFAQs and nobody really commented on it until EG made his big showcase thread. Apparently that was one of the more popular made up playground rumors of the day and somebody stumbled on a way to make it happen.

Oh yeah, there were so many stories about bringing General Leo back, most of which revolved around getting an elixir of life from the dinosaur forest place. None of it worked of course but people kept trying.

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 29, 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

akadajet posted:

it was good when I was a kid and the other school children had it and we could fight and trade over link cables

when i was a kid we had an Atari 2600 and when i was in school we had a Commodore 64 lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

when i was a kid we had an Atari 2600 and when i was in school we had a Commodore 64 lmao.

in the mid-90's? rough