Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

So Bangalore leaving was just a fakeout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
It would be really funny if there were a bunch of repercussions to her suddenly deciding not to retire.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Though it would have been a bold move to actually disable Bang (and Rev too!) for story reasons, it was obvious that something was gonna happen to stop her departure. Cause it also would have been a really dumb move.

Anyways, thanks random Japanese Twitter person for grabbing these screenshots that I was interested in but too lazy to find:
https://twitter.com/apextimes/status/1518617821819072513
Give Jackson his little braid back you cowards.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Knight2m posted:

So Bangalore leaving was just a fakeout?

Would they just remove the character in the story but keep them in the game (and keep updating their voice lines) like nothing happened? I mean I really don't know how it would look other than to completely disconnect the lore from the gameplay. IMO they should do that, as they've got a terrible soap opera story that nobody can ever leave and characters only get added to. Can't imagine trying to write a decent narrative under those conditions.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Lifeline seems perfectly viable as is? she just falls into the lineup of characters whose flaw is "you can only have a max of 3 on a team and ends up being 4th best if you are trying to pick the most optimal 3"

And most of the characters fall into that category.

When all but 4-5 of the champs are the 4th best pick then maybe they should all be brought up to pickable or nerf those few at the top (the former is way better).

Lifeline has been DOA since they took her shield res and arguably the worst pick in the whole game going by pick rates and comp usage. Mirage is a legit better support with invis res.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Make the cell-charged sentinel spill ~40% damage through barriers, except knockdown shields.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

what would shiv do with himself if they actually vaulted bangalore

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
24 new posts since i last read the thread and 0 about the kissing lore

smdh

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Imagine watching cinematics or knowing anything about the lore

My head cannon is this is exactly the same as the original Smash Bros and we’re all action figures being played with by a kid.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

Imagine watching cinematics or knowing anything about the lore

My head cannon is this is exactly the same as the original Smash Bros and we’re all action figures being played with by a kid.

in reality it's exactly like the movie avengers, but the fandom version where they're all friends who have their own floors in avengers tower and they make fun of each other for eating cereal weird and poo poo

this isn't a shitpost it's literally the truth

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Lifeline is still a good pick. If you fight a team with a Lifeline she seems like target #1. The useless part of her kit is her ult which is most valuable as a chunk of mobile cover.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
While Mirage and Gibraltar have some pretty good revives, Lifeline has hands-off revives and can fight while her meatshields get back up and the enemy just might not have enough ammo for everyone.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I am terrified of going up against good Lifelines because her hands-off revive instantly puts a clock on your ability to apply pressure after picking one off... which can be a nightmare depending on the position. Out in the open? Easy enough. Anywhere in building with cover and entry points? Not having her be bogged down with the revive means that she can hold an extra door while her teammate is getting back up. God help you if she has a gold backpack which can instantly reset the fight.

Also her ultimate might me worthless in a fight other than some highly situational armor swapping, the steady clip of it throughout the game can be staggering. It's basically built-in RNG protection, giving plenty of time for her team to get stocked up on as many supplies as they need for the endgame.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
if i can't ruthlessly troll my pub teammates as Newcastle by dragging them off the map while downed then I don't even know why they released him.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

runchild posted:

Though it would have been a bold move to actually disable Bang (and Rev too!) for story reasons, it was obvious that something was gonna happen to stop her departure. Cause it also would have been a really dumb move

League of legends disabled a champ briefly for a story event (for, like, a day or two IIRC) and the way they expressed this was to use the place that usually reports in game bugs to say “Gangplank is disabled: he is dead”

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

While Mirage and Gibraltar have some pretty good revives, Lifeline has hands-off revives and can fight while her meatshields get back up and the enemy just might not have enough ammo for everyone.

This. Lifelines revives are probably the strongest part of her kit, the supply drop being the weakest. Would be nice if it worked like the blue pills where lifeline could open up compartments with healing items and maybe even ammo instead of how it works now.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Boxman posted:

League of legends disabled a champ briefly for a story event (for, like, a day or two IIRC) and the way they expressed this was to use the place that usually reports in game bugs to say “Gangplank is disabled: he is dead”

Dota2 also did that once, Skeleton King was disabled for a few days then replaced by Wraith King

There wasn't a lore reason though, it was probably to do with Valves dispute with Blizzard over some Dota2 characters still being too similar to the Warcraft/Diablo characters they were derived from (Leoric in that case)

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

repiv posted:

Dota2 also did that once, Skeleton King was disabled for a few days then replaced by Wraith King

There wasn't a lore reason though, it was probably to do with Valves dispute with Blizzard over some Dota2 characters still being too similar to the Warcraft/Diablo characters they were derived from (Leoric in that case)

It was because of China. They needed to get rid of the skeleton because it's a no-go there. Hence turning into a wraith.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Pugna is also a skeleton and never got changed, and they already had an alternate unskeletonized model for Skeleton King in the Chinese version of the game

The Blizzard theory makes more sense to me because that wasn't the only time it happened, Windrunner (based on Sylvanas Windrunner from Warcraft) was eventually renamed Windranger

runchild
May 26, 2010

ALGS Split 2 Playoffs are happening this weekend, and as usual that means Twitch drops. Nothing amazing but hey, free stuff. They’ve got a cool “multiview” mode where you can watch up to 4 different POVs at the same time. Or you can just “watch” it while you go do something else, lol.

ALGS posted:

15 cumulative minutes watched on Day #3 of the Split 2 Playoffs: The Rare ‘Global Series’ Holospray

1 cumulative hour watched on Day #3 of the Split 2 Playoffs: The Rare ‘Jeweled Night’ Flatline skin

2 cumulative hours watched on Day #3 of the Split 2 Playoffs: The Rare ‘Ornamental Orbit’ Horizon skin

3 cumulative hours watched on Day #3 of the Split 2 Playoffs: The Epic ‘Glory Within’ Gun Charm

As you can see drops are only active for the finals, which start at 10AM Eastern. If you’re in a different time zone check the link for a conversion table.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the best part of the Twitch control center is that they just have one feed showing the map at all times

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
ALGS drops are so bugged, I think you can only have a certain number before it starts removing old ones. I got too many and my Let's Goooooooooo holospray was one of the ones removed.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Those are so bland it feels like a waste of ram running a tab in the background.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

repiv posted:

Pugna is also a skeleton and never got changed, and they already had an alternate unskeletonized model for Skeleton King in the Chinese version of the game

The Blizzard theory makes more sense to me because that wasn't the only time it happened, Windrunner (based on Sylvanas Windrunner from Warcraft) was eventually renamed Windranger

uh pretty sure Skeleton King was removed for pressing ceremonial reasons and nothing more

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Tweak posted:

uh pretty sure Skeleton King was removed for pressing ceremonial reasons and nothing more

I never played WoW but this seems like something interesting.

Apex needs another healer, really. I vote for a sim/robot like Path who won't let you self-terminate.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Those skins are so boring, why even bother.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
the amount of people who i've played flashpoint with who go 'why can't i heal?' 'why is the circle closing?' and 'why aren't there heals or shields anywhere?' has been surprisingly high to me. people really just pick a mode and play!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I see the telepathic trucing whenever you get into a fight is still in full effect. Is it too much to ask to get a game once in a while where you're not just fodder for the apex pred 4k20, 50,000 kill wraith streamer lobby? :negative:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I see the telepathic trucing whenever you get into a fight is still in full effect. Is it too much to ask to get a game once in a while where you're not just fodder for the apex pred 4k20, 50,000 kill wraith streamer lobby? :negative:

correct play in most cases if you get attacked by a third squad is to unengage and try to get the other two squads to fight eachother. So you're pretty much always going to get double teamed if you third party a fight before one side is mortally wounded.

tldr never third party until you see at least one team start getting knocked

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

runchild posted:

ALGS Split 2 Playoffs are happening this weekend, and as usual that means Twitch drops. Nothing amazing but hey, free stuff. They’ve got a cool “multiview” mode where you can watch up to 4 different POVs at the same time. Or you can just “watch” it while you go do something else, lol.

As you can see drops are only active for the finals, which start at 10AM Eastern. If you’re in a different time zone check the link for a conversion table.

Rooting for NRG. Or C9 for the comedy.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Got a mail to pre-register for Apex Legends mobile on android and ios. Uh, think I'll pass.

runchild
May 26, 2010

https://youtu.be/IFQczCt-oSY

Tomorrow at 11am Eastern

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I wonder if they'll ever use the Source 2 engine in Apex or any of their future games?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Why would they, Respawns branch of Source is all tooled up for making their style of games

Source 2 is tooled up for making Half Life Alyx and not much else

If anything they'll switch to Unreal, Respawns other team already used it for Star Wars and MoH, and Apex Mobile is also Unreal

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

repiv posted:

Why would they, Respawns branch of Source is all tooled up for making their style of games

Source 2 is tooled up for making Half Life Alyx and not much else

If anything they'll switch to Unreal, Respawns other team already used it for Star Wars and MoH, and Apex Mobile is also Unreal

Just thinking out loud. Would Unreal engine be capable of the kind of movement and fluidity the game currently has?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Just thinking out loud. Would Unreal engine be capable of the kind of movement and fluidity the game currently has?

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt has similar movement implemented on Unreal Engine 4, so that should be possible. With that said, it would be completely insane to switch the game to a completely different engine years into its post-release lifespan.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Went up an hour early for some reason. Also, here’s something they posted yesterday:
https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1519379871239180288

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

runchild posted:

Went up an hour early for some reason. Also, here’s something they posted yesterday:

They accidentally leaked it on Steam store page earlier :v:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

runchild posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

repiv posted:

gently caress I hope not, UE is a playground for hackers.